Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
Cleaned a house day before yesterday by hwe. Next day customer said the carpet had gray spots in one room. I looked, it did, all topical... I rented a 17" power-flite 175 machine, used some release-it from the Enscap man... Looks great...
Question.... I use a 360i everyday, this 175 kicked my -ss. Weighed a ton, super hard to move around... Other than that, loved the results...

Reactions: StevenB.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Don't have to fight an orbital. Do you think an Oreck orbiter would have done the same job? Or would it have been too light, too small?

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
A 175 takes some getting used to. Once you get the feel for it you will be able to do it with one hand.

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
Should a 175 be that hard to move? Broke a serious sweat doing a 10x10 area... I know it weights 2x the 360i but it seemed super heavy...

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Should a 175 be that hard to move? Broke a serious sweat doing a 10x10 area... I know it weights 2x the 360i but it seemed super heavy...
They move pretty easy if you have the height of the handle adjusted right, you may of been trying to muscle it instead of dancing with it.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Yeah , the height adjustment is important for easy and safe control.
Also, you may not have added enough cleaner on the floor. This could be why the 175, felt heavy and difficult to swing.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Cleaned a house day before yesterday by hwe. Next day customer said the carpet had gray spots in one room. I looked, it did, all topical... I rented a 17" power-flite 175 machine, used some release-it from the Enscap man... Looks great...
Question.... I use a 360i everyday, this 175 kicked my -ss. Weighed a ton, super hard to move around... Other than that, loved the results...
that's great! You get the hang of using a 175 so that it is pretty easy.. I prefer it to a wand any day. congrats on a great job!

a 175 is NOT hard to move.. you will get the hang of it.. basically you need to GUIDE the machine.. but don't force it..
tilt handle up -- machine moves right
tilt handle down -- machine moves left
let the handle rest just above your belt, take those tips and you can operate it with one hand when you have the hang of it

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
A1CS,
Yes, I used a 175 machine to encap residential carpet. Is that wrong? If so, please let me know as well as Interlink Supply, JonDon and Excellent Supply. All of them told me I could use one plus tried to sell me one to do it. I know theres better equipment for it, like an crb, Cimex or an orbitor.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Please! There is nothing wrong with using a 175 on residential carpet. I bought a John G. giggler after using a 175 and sold the jiggler and went back to the 175. Now I don't "dry" clean many carpets but the 175 does ever bit as good of a job as the jiggler did/does.

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
Sorry, no before / after pics... I tried but the spots were to light to see on my phone.

I'm real interested in this method of cleaning. Thinking about a Low Boy with wheels. Want to do apartments and offices this fall and winter.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
that is a 13" machine.. a 17 or 20 WILL pull pretty hard.. I assume he rented a 17"
He rented a 17" . It will pull harder but he is stronger and taller. Any way, you get the gest of it.
It shouldn't be so difficult or heavy to maneuver.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
You can use a 175 on residential carpet but if you have a crb, this would be better.
I switch back n forth. Depends on the client, depends on the soiling level.
The heavier, the more i lean towards the 175. The more picky the client, the more i lean toward the crb.
Ive recently noticed some tip blooming but this could have been my fault. Maybe not enough cleaner on the floor, who knows. Use caution anyway.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I have not touched my 175 since getting my CRB. It is so much lighter and you can control it with 2 fingers. IT does a good job on Encap as well as prescrub and pre vac. We all can't be so lucy to have a CRB but if the opportunity comes up, it is a must have to put in your van.

Reactions: Ryankettering