2007 Isuzu NQR lost brakes. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

2007 Isuzu NQR lost brakes.

Joetx

Dec 11, 2018
Real Name
Jose R. Hinojosa
Hello, new here, I do hot rods, retired, an recently bought a 2007, NQR sweeper. Going to use the chassis an put a '37 Chevy truck and a 4bt in it. Started the 4HK1TC 4 cly diesel when I first got it. Moved back and forth and the brakes were low and soft, but worked. Took it down to the bare cab and chassis and cut a bunch of electrical wires during the stripping of the sweeper components. Today it started fine and went into gear ok. Auto trans. No brakes at all, pedal shows nothing and the emergency brake did nothing to stop it. Wonder if I cut something electrical to disable the brake system??? Will check tomorrow on the fluid, etc. system. Thanks for any info as I know nothing about this truck. Is there a service manual on line free? Thanks Joe.

Attachments

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Hello, new here, I do hot rods, retired, an recently bought a 2007, NQR sweeper. Going to use the chassis an put a '37 Chevy truck and a 4bt in it. Started the 4HK1TC 4 cly diesel when I first got it. Moved back and forth and the brakes were low and soft, but worked. Took it down to the bare cab and chassis and cut a bunch of electrical wires during the stripping of the sweeper components. Today it started fine and went into gear ok. Auto trans. No brakes at all, pedal shows nothing and the emergency brake did nothing to stop it. Wonder if I cut something electrical to disable the brake system??? Will check tomorrow on the fluid, etc. system. Thanks for any info as I know nothing about this truck. Is there a service manual on line free? Thanks Joe.
The brakes are hydraulic. Nothing electrical within the braking system other than ABS system and some master cylinder brake fluid reservoir level indicators. I suspect air in the brake lines that need to be bled.
If the ABS system goes down you still have control of the brakes.

Joetx

Dec 11, 2018
Real Name
Jose R. Hinojosa
We do answer automotive type questions. I am an ASE certified technician.
Thanks, and that's why I posted this thread. I found a similar post on the net, and thought I could find some info here. I was able to download a service manual and saw a diagram showing what you mention. I found that I had a leak in a line by the starter. Fixed that and now have brakes. I was just concerned because I cut a lot of wires going to the sweeper unit. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Ara Klujian