50 of the worst foods on da planet! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

50 of the worst foods on da planet!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I know you two old timers are used to napalm, eating lead paint, moms that smoked and drank while the kid were in the womb but this is 2016 we shouldn't have food that makes you glow in the dark :D
Why not? Maybe I could use myself as a human UV detector. Just turn the lights out and watch the urine light up. Sounds wonderful. :cool:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I admire your approach but with a crappy family history I'd sign my own death warrant if I keep eating anything I want.

You're probably 100% right though. I doubt I really adding any extra years to my life and worrying about what I'm eating negates it.

My neighbor just died, like 75, ate like a pig, drank 20 a day and probably smoked 2x that.
My Grandma on my Mom's side lived to 103 and was healthy most of those years. She ate moderately, but what she wanted. She never exercised a day in her life, but she wasn't lazy either. She also grew much of her food and canned a lot most of her life. I well remember the gardens she grew and her home canning. She even had her own orchard in her back yard. Lots of apples!!! Not to mention various berries. She broke her hip in her 90's and had to be put in a nursing home. When I went to see her I thought her mind was gone. Turned out all the drugs they had her on in that home kept her so drugged up she didn't even know where she was or who anyone was. My parents took her out of there and in a short while she returned to normal and lived several more years. She passed away in her sleep in the home I'm in right now. I tend to think over eating is just as harmful if not more than eating the wrong kinds of foods. Now, if I could only follow my own advice. I eat too much sometimes, but not like I used to. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
My Grandma on my Mom's side lived to 103 and was healthy most of those years. She ate moderately, but what she wanted. She never exercised a day in her life, but she wasn't lazy either. She also grew much of her food and canned a lot most of her life. I well remember the gardens she grew and her home canning. She even had her own orchard in her back yard. Lots of apples!!! Not to mention various berries. She broke her hip in her 90's and had to be put in a nursing home. When I went to see her I thought her mind was gone. Turned out all the drugs they had her on in that home kept her so drugged up she didn't even know where she was or who anyone was. My parents took her out of there and in a short while she returned to normal and lived several more years. She passed away in her sleep in the home I'm in right now. I tend to think over eating is just as harmful if not more than eating the wrong kinds of foods. Now, if I could only follow my own advice. I eat too much sometimes, but not like I used to. :D
That's awesome! Those people knew how to live! She sounds a lot like my grandparents. They grew everything and spent half the day tending to it. Always had plenty to share. My grandpa fished a ton too and it seemed like all we ate when we went there.

Sorry to hear your grandma passed away :( Yeah those nursing homes are terrible. A lady that lived 2 houses away from me had a similar experience. She was about the same age and sharp as a whip. Her kids (they lived out of town) didn't want to 'deal' with her anymore so they put her in a home. Within a year her brain capacity was a fraction of what she once was.

But when you're eating something tasty you can't eat too much :D

I'd like to see a study on people over 90. I'd love to know how they lived to get to that age.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I know you two old timers are used to napalm, eating lead paint, moms that smoked and drank while the kid were in the womb but this is 2016 we shouldn't have food that makes you glow in the dark :D
I never ate lead paint in my whole life. At least not that I can remember.:D

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
don't know if it's readable but I'll try and post itView attachment 60078
Nice so you guys don't do a lot of fishing? :D

The Susquehanna feeds a lake in Cooperstown NY around here (Baseball Hall of Fame), I wonder if they fish are just as poisoned...

Who dumped all that crap in there?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That's awesome! Those people knew how to live! She sounds a lot like my grandparents. They grew everything and spent half the day tending to it. Always had plenty to share. My grandpa fished a ton too and it seemed like all we ate when we went there.

Sorry to hear your grandma passed away :( Yeah those nursing homes are terrible. A lady that lived 2 houses away from me had a similar experience. She was about the same age and sharp as a whip. Her kids (they lived out of town) didn't want to 'deal' with her anymore so they put her in a home. Within a year her brain capacity was a fraction of what she once was.

But when you're eating something tasty you can't eat too much :D

I'd like to see a study on people over 90. I'd love to know how they lived to get to that age.
Oh yeah, put something really tasty in front of me and it's hard to back away from at least seconds! Many of my Grandparents, and aunts and uncles lived beyond 80. My last living aunt just passed. I think she was 92.

Reactions: Mike Krall

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Nice so you guys don't do a lot of fishing? :D

The Susquehanna feeds a lake in Cooperstown NY around here (Baseball Hall of Fame), I wonder if they fish are just as poisoned...

Who dumped all that crap in there?
don't know how it got there. I remember in the 90's there were warning signs all over the streams in valley forge national park. the signs said somthing like do not eat fish pcb contamination. but those signs have been taking down. the chart I showed is pa fish commission consumption advisory. most fish it's 1 to 2 meals per month others are not to be eaten. they even have a guide on how to lessen the risk by trimming certain parts off. mostly the fat. I believe this Is across the whole united states not just us. look up fish consumption advisory for your state.

the epa released a mine last summer in colorodo loaded with arsenic how nice.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Reactions: aloha one

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
don't know how it got there. I remember in the 90's there were warning signs all over the streams in valley forge national park. the signs said somthing like do not eat fish pcb contamination. but those signs have been taking down. the chart I showed is pa fish commission consumption advisory. most fish it's 1 to 2 meals per month others are not to be eaten. they even have a guide on how to lessen the risk by trimming certain parts off. mostly the fat. I believe this Is across the whole united states not just us. look up fish consumption advisory for your state.

the epa released a mine last summer in colorodo loaded with arsenic how nice.
Wow just 1 to 2 fish per month that's terrible. hmm didn't know fish had any fat, you mean like the gut?

Yeah that EPA thing was epic. I don't think anyone even lost their job or got a fine. And people wonder why we are sick of politicians.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I did not even look at the list, but I probably eat 49 of the 50.
I only eat about 1/2 of them and a few very rarely. :) I think tofu was on the list. Never ate that in my life. Doritos and Cheetos was on the list and haven't eaten either of them in years. I do eat potato chips occasionally though! I never really cared for Oreos either, but have been known to eat a few of those. I imagine most cookies should be listed rather than just Oreos though! I'm not giving up my Mac and Cheese for nobody! At least I don't chew gum. :D

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I admire your approach but with a crappy family history I'd sign my own death warrant if I keep eating anything I want.

You're probably 100% right though. I doubt I really adding any extra years to my life and worrying about what I'm eating negates it.

My neighbor just died, like 75, ate like a pig, drank 20 a day and probably smoked 2x that.

Sometimes it's all in your genes. My great grand mother smoked guinea stinkers every day, but also drank her home made Italian wine every day as well. She lived to be a good, 99 years old.
Hey, in life.....Sometimes you're the bug.... and sometimes you're the windshield.
My best advice regarding food consumption......DON'T EAT FAST FOOD!

Reactions: wandwizard

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Sometimes it's all in your genes. My great grand mother smoked guinea stinkers every day, but also drank her home made Italian wine every day as well. She lived to be a good, 99 years old.
Hey, in life.....Sometimes you're the bug.... and sometimes you're the windshield.
How Bout Slow Food FAST?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/50-unhealthiest-foods-on-the-planet/ss-BBoSFkF?ocid=hmlogout#image=2

Damn Greg will have a field day with that list.

And it just crushed me. Mac & Cheese is AWESOME and now I learn it makes you glow in the dark :(
Buy organic ingredients and make your own mac and cheese.
your genes can become corrupted by toxins.

They tell us, "We all have dormant cancer cells"... What a load of crap.
If you eat toxic food you will alter your cells or cause them to get deformed, then yes, you get cancer and pass down bad genes to your offspring.

Good thing is, your parents did not get too many toxic food, water or work around toxic chem-icals.