570 or pro 1200

Ryan Kowal

Oct 21, 2015
Lubbock
Real Name
Ryan Kowal
Business Location
United States
Just wanted some opinions I'm a brand new startup on my own but I been in the industry 12 years as a water restoration manager for the company carpet tech in west Texas I have lots of leads already for flood work but gotta start somewhere like everyone does

Haven't seen many reviews on the pro 1200 any feedback would be great aside from that I have used a 570 for 200 hrs now excellent heat and auction aside for the overheating issue

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Just wanted some opinions I'm a brand new startup on my own but I been in the industry 12 years as a water restoration manager for the company carpet tech in west Texas I have lots of leads already for flood work but gotta start somewhere like everyone does

Haven't seen many reviews on the pro 1200 any feedback would be great aside from that I have used a 570 for 200 hrs now excellent heat and auction aside for the overheating issue
By overheating do you mean having to dump water into the waste tank? I have heard that a lot to me that would be a huge annoyance

Do you have a new van, id be hesitant to go direct drive unless i had a brand new van

I like the salphire line but honestly due to the 570 dumping water id probably consider the prochem apex instead. @Prosteam-sonomacounty has one i believe

Ryan Kowal

Oct 21, 2015
Lubbock
Real Name
Ryan Kowal
Business Location
United States
I have not heard of that issue I meant in the sense of u put the wand down for just a few minutes the machine will over heat and shut down itself on the medium setting

To the van question I'm currently looking for a brand new or really low mile Chevy extended or a ford transit to stand out from the crowd

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
The price of the two options is similar except for the van issue. You are pretty much locked into one van for the 1200 but if you have a lemon van you can inexpensively move your 570 to a different van, or box truck. Moving the 1200 is very expensive and limits you to one vehicle at this point---The Chevy van or Chevy Box truck as I understand it.

The Butler is a good option also if you are considering the 1200. With good credit their financing of about 6% on van and TM package isn't too bad.

Reactions: russrroberts

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
@212.0 has a Pro 1200. I'm interested to hear what he has to say as well.

As far as the unit shutting itself down that is because it builds heat like a mofo and unlike the low quality builders before it will break any seals or cause any damage it will shut down my 370 does the same thing when I clean upholstery and stop the water flow on my upholstery tool.

Reactions: 212.0

Ryan Kowal

Oct 21, 2015
Lubbock
Real Name
Ryan Kowal
Business Location
United States
Thank you both for the input it's good to know that it's not just the 570 with this issue

As far as butler I like the simplicity of them my old company ran them several of them years ago I am just a real fan of sapphire lately as a personal preference heat and suction is amazing

Every competitor around here is running a Chevy van I'm looking to stand out from the rest

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I have not heard of that issue I meant in the sense of u put the wand down for just a few minutes the machine will over heat and shut down itself on the medium setting

To the van question I'm currently looking for a brand new or really low mile Chevy extended or a ford transit to stand out from the crowd
That sucks.... shuts down if you put your wand down for a few minutes!!
You sure there isn't a sensor that is bad or something?
Can't speak with expiernce on the 570 but my HM Titan 575 will not dump water for UP to 45 mins if you put the wand down.
Plenty of heat too 230* consistent.
Interested to hear from other 570 owners about overheat shutdown if wand is put down for a few minutes.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States

As far as the unit shutting itself down that is because it builds heat like a mofo and unlike the low quality builders before it will break any seals or cause any damage it will shut down my 370 does the same thing when I clean upholstery and stop the water flow on my upholstery tool.
really? I haven't had my 370 shut down except for when the waste tank was full. i have had it sitting for quit a while without water running through and it never shut down. How long did that take? was it a really hot day or something?

(i only have 40 hrs on mine tho)

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
That sucks.... shuts down if you put your wand down for a few minutes!!
You sure there isn't a sensor that is bad or something?
Can't speak with expiernce on the 570 but my HM Titan 575 will not dump water for UP to 45 mins if you put the wand down.
Plenty of heat too 230* consistent.
Interested to hear from other 570 owners about overheat shutdown if wand is put down for a few minutes.
i doubt if its for a few minutes. I probably have had mine sitting for 15 or 20 minutes while fully warm and never had it shut down.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
really? I haven't had my 370 shut down except for when the waste tank was full. i have had it sitting for quit a while without water running through and it never shut down. How long did that take? was it a really hot day or something?

(i only have 40 hrs on mine tho)
I have just under 1000 on mine and when I clean upholstery the heat is insane, I use an open flowed SS upholstery tool and if I close off the tool when bringing my hoses out or if I need to set the tool down to speak with a customer I usually turn off the tool. Usually after it reaches operating Temps for an hour or so but it is also not using much water less than 100psi and having so little water flowing may be causing it who knows....

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
I have just under 1000 on mine and when I clean upholstery the heat is insane, I use an open flowed SS upholstery tool and if I close off the tool when bringing my hoses out or if I need to set the tool down to speak with a customer I usually turn off the tool. Usually after it reaches operating Temps for an hour or so but it is also not using much water less than 100psi and having so little water flowing may be causing it who knows....
gotcha. i haven't done any upholstery with mine yet. will keep an eye out. Maybe setting the bypass to let a little water thru would help

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
i doubt if its for a few minutes. I probably have had mine sitting for 15 or 20 minutes while fully warm and never had it shut down.
You have the 370 ?
Perhaps I'm mistaken?
Again don't know much about the SS 1200
SS 370
SS 570
SS 870
Just have never heard of overheating and shutdown issues.
Yes on flood extraction you need to open up a courtesy hose as @Nomad74 found out.
And doing uph and overheating issues @russrroberts ... that would bug the shit out of me.

Reactions: Nomad74

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
You have the 370 ?
Perhaps I'm mistaken?
SS 370
SS 570
SS 870
Yes on flood extraction you need to open up a courtesy hose as @Nomad74 found out.
And doing uph and overheating issues @russrroberts ... that would bug the shit out of me.
I don't open the bypass valve and I probably should Crack it open. It's only shut down a few times on me it doesn't happen often.

Reactions: earl804

Ryan Kowal

Oct 21, 2015
Lubbock
Real Name
Ryan Kowal
Business Location
United States
The 1200 se is sapphire version of a CDS so I've read basically a revised version of the white magic

Nev

Jul 21, 2010
PA
www.redhotcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Nevin Guiser
Business Location
United States
I have a 2013 Sapphire Pro 1200. No issues whatsoever. Built like a tank. Previously owned 2 White Magic Pro 1200's and a Hydramaster CDS but prefer the Pro 1200's.

Heats up to 210-230 with high flow Prochem titanium wand. Excellent vacuum. Simplistic design and easy to maintain plus great if you have employees.

Reactions: crash1big

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
You have the 370 ?
Perhaps I'm mistaken?
SS 370
SS 570
SS 870
yes i have the 370

i have never had it shut down for overheating (keeping in mind its a new machine with low hours. that being said i'm solo so it runs for quit a while at times while i'm dealing with customer, moving furniture, etc)

It sounds like it might do this if left for an hour with very low water flow.

There is a bypass that could be opened slightly to flow water if very low water flow was the culprit.

Blazer GT

Oct 20, 2012
www.orbitclean.com
Real Name
Todd G
Business Location
United States

I switch mine over to medium heat when cleaning upholstery that seems to help keep it around 205

Reactions: russrroberts

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
yes i have the 370

i have never had it shut down for overheating (keeping in mind its a new machine with low hours. that being said i'm solo so it runs for quit a while at times while i'm dealing with customer, moving furniture, etc)

It sounds like it might do this if left for an hour with very low water flow.

There is a bypass that could be opened slightly to flow water if very low water flow was the culprit.
Okay makes sense. The OP was saying ( 570 he uses(d) shut down after a few mins.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
None of those machines should shut down when you are not flowing water. There is a problem within the heat control system if it is. I have ran both 370 & 570 long enough to fill the waste tank from dumping water only and never shut down due to heat.

I would get you machine checked out. The older 370/570 machines had temp sensor located near the exhaust and they would go bad from the heat. if they are faulty that is why you are shutting down and not properly dumping the water to maintain heat.

Ryan Kowal

Oct 21, 2015
Lubbock
Real Name
Ryan Kowal
Business Location
United States
Makes sense what your saying it's not my machine but it has done it ever since he bought it(300 hrs) no telling this same person hasn't changed the oil in his 2700 hrs Titan 575 in over a year and ran it dry several times

I can't take him serious main reason I'm going out on my own

Reactions: earl804