6'FIGA ASK ~ "HOW MUCH CAN A MILLION DOLLAR CC COMPANY SELL FOR? ...AND WHERES THE SUPPORTING DATA | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

6'FIGA ASK ~ "HOW MUCH CAN A MILLION DOLLAR CC COMPANY SELL FOR? ...AND WHERES THE SUPPORTING DATA

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I'm just curious. 2 part question:

1. Hypothetical ~ If a cc company is grown to a multi truck operation doing 1 million gross sales (please, please eggheads lets not get too submerged in the numbers here..best guess will do), which I think is reasonable, then how much could that owner cash out for

2. In all the years of reading the industry magazines, I've gotten an orgy of articles on getting pee out and Market research on the average square feet a cc truck cleans per year....but very little if not NOTHING on how & how much CC companies are sold for. Considering this is what we are all to strive for how come neither Cleanfax nor ICSmag have provided quantifiable numbers for us?

Who are selling these small to mid size businesses, who are they selling them to & how much are they selling them for? Also how recent is the data? Pre Recession sales when banks were promiscuous with money (credit) have to be scrutinized a little because that type of easy capital is as readily available you'd agree.

I know @Rich Cleaner sold a couple, maybe he can shed some light ....

6'

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
A local carpet cleaning company in Tampa had a 6 truck operation and did about 450k a year hacking out apartments, The owner sold it for 350k.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
A local carpet cleaning company in Tampa had a 6 truck operation and did about 450k a year hacking out apartments, The owner sold it for 350k.
The new owner drove it in to the ground in two years

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Yeah depending on net, and condition of equipment, I would say no more than 750. That's a random guess.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
You'll have to forgive Me for only having a high school education....but um, I know 450 wasn't net...but isn't 350k kinda low. I thought companies were to be sold at a MULTIPLE of gross (typically 3x)?? making his sale about 1million...

Reactions: EcoClean

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
You'll have to forgive Me for only having a high school education....but um, I know 450 wasn't net...but isn't 350k kinda low. I thought companies were to be sold at a MULTIPLE of gross (typically 3x)?? making his sale about 1million...
Just telling you what happened and I can tell ya both parties regretted it.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Just telling you what happened and I can tell ya both parties regretted it.

Appreciated it. I'm on a quest to locate the many many success of multi truck cc business sales that we are all to emulate and retire from. As big as this industry is, they should be plentiful. I'm humble enough to change My "belief" once confronted with this empirical data..........

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Appreciated it. I'm on a quest to locate the many many success of multi truck cc business sales that we are all to emulate and retire from. As big as this industry is, they should be plentiful. I'm humble enough to change My "belief" once confronted with this empirical data..........
I really do not think you will find what you are looking for.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Isn't that then considered selling at a loss?
Might be. Just the nature of the beast. I'll never sell my business based on that fact alone. I'll simply remain semi-retired. I have tons of clients who are running their business in an indirect manner and they are very content.