6'FIGA ASK ~ "HOW MUCH CAN A MILLION DOLLAR CC COMPANY SELL FOR? ...AND WHERES THE SUPPORTING DATA | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

6'FIGA ASK ~ "HOW MUCH CAN A MILLION DOLLAR CC COMPANY SELL FOR? ...AND WHERES THE SUPPORTING DATA

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Yes, you could learn from me,

Just as I can learn from YOU.

Plus I thought we were just having a conversation on the merits until you felt attacked for some reason and started insulting. I apologize if

The smartest man in the room is the one who know just enough to realize that he does NOT know everthing and that the others around him are better at some things than he is. This is also a bennefit to hiring employees. You can leverage there strengths over our own weaknesses to enhance the companies bottom line.

I am good at some things and sux at others.
It would be vain of me to think I am the best at anything. Little secret. Both of my techs have higher job averages than I do.

I can be a bit disorganized at times and hate routine daily paperwork thus sometimes the accuracy and quality can suffer. So I hired a office/operations manager who is awesome at keeping me together.

Is that bad?
Or is it smart?
You want a cookie or something bro?

Validate yourself ,quit seeking it from others.
I am NOT seeking anything from you Cris other than for you to share these Ideas you eluded to in this thread, just as I have been sharing my ideas.

Reactions: aloha one
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I am NOT seeking anything from you Cris other than for you to share these Ideas you eluded to in this thread, just as I have been sharing my ideas.
Well you may realize the thread was posed as a question which after 12 pages you have not provided an answer or provided supporting data.

Waiting on you kiddo....

Last edited:

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
The data you seek does NOT exist.
If it did it would be so hard to analyze as the variables with in home service businesses are too varied.

Even owning a successful and NET profitable multi truck company does NOT guarantee a cash out sale some day.
I fully understand this.
My previous employer was a prime example. His family went through a life changing accident. He was not able to sell his company in 2011 for a reasonable figure. This despite being offered 1.6 million for it just a few year earlier in 2007. However he was smart and ran a debt free company and lifestyle so he had invested huge percentages of the companies profits in outside investments.

So the bottom line is it is all a calculated risk.

There is NOT a large enough data set to show a tangible and actionable trend in my opinion. A lot of it really does have to do with being at the right time and right place when trying to cash out that dictates what you get as a final price.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I'll stay increasingly profitable as I also will be

Chris your problem is your trying to jam everybody into these tidy, neat little boxes and it just doesn't work that way. It is unlimited the different business plans we can use to accomplish our goals. We all have to create a plan based on our own personal goals and strength/weaknesses.

and how you can post on that other place after what those guys said about you is beyond me.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Experience is RELATIVE..but it SURE helps if you're 'PAY' ing attention.. Being in my sixtys..Stubborn,Hard Headed ,Self Destructive 'Prick' (wifes pet name) I have always learned the Hard way! With this Forum..You can save the GREIF myself and many other 'Honest' Posters others went through....IF you read betwen the lines and the B.S.ers out there.. And 'Apply' it to YOUR specific situation..you have invaluable information here at your fingertips.Avoid the 'I Got Rich' QUICK (& Still Am) posters..If true...which I question..They Are the RARE exception to the RULE! Who knows... Maybe Mommy & Daddy owns 1 million Sft...And THEY GOT THE JOB! Well Shit Howdy HERO..You Are Da' Man...Get my drift?
Naw bro...its just that this guy has finally popped his cherry and thinks hes discovered Atlantis or sum shit....lol

Im happy for him and all but please....lol....ya know?.....lol

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
If it did it would be so hard to analyze as the variables with in home service businesses are too varied.

Even owning a successful and NET profitable multi truck company does NOT guarantee a cash out sale some day.
I fully understand this.
My previous employer was a prime example. His family went through a life changing accident. He was not able to sell his company in 2011 for a reasonable figure. This despite being offered 1.6 million for it just a few year earlier in 2007. However he was smart and ran a debt free company and lifestyle so he had invested huge percentages of the companies profits in outside investments.

There is NOT a large enough data set to show a tangible and actionable trend in my opinion. A lot of it really does have to do with being at the right time and right place when trying to cash out that dictates what you get as a final price.

Ill chalk that down as "no data to support"

Thx for the input

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Chris your problem is your trying to jam everybody into these tidy, neat little boxes and it just doesn't work that way. It is unlimited the different business plans we can use to accomplish our goals. We all have to create a plan based on our own personal goals and strength/weaknesses.

and how you can post on that other place after what those guys said about you is beyond me.
Amazingly insightful you are

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary

I fully understand this.

Tell Me more about your previous employers. what were his numbers like, employees, trucks...etc....please

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Tell Me more about your previous employers. what were his numbers like, employees, trucks...etc....please
60% duct cleaning
20% Carpet cleaning
20% water damage/floods

fluctuated between 4 and 6 vans depending on the season. 4 in winter 6 during summer.
flood box van, support cargo van for hauling, and an additional van with a white magic 1200 TM.

During the summer months the company was doing 140 jobs a week with low 300 job averages.
50-60 jobs a week during the winter with high 200 averages.

I ran the flood division and the last full year (2010) we billed just over 800K and we were averaging 4 flood calls a week. We did do 2 very large commercial/retail spaces that year whose bills totaled over 140K for just the two jobs.
The company was ran debt free no leases, prepaid all advertising and shop rent 6 mos at a time for better rates etc.

I do not know for sure his NET profits but I estimated them in the 450-550 per year range. I do know for sure that he had 40K dollars a month auto withdrawn from his account and sent directly to his broker who was an absolute genius. His broker saw the collapse coming and had my former boss positioned in short calls all over the place. So his portfolio rode the market down and then back up again. He added several 0's to his overall portfolio in a few short months. I actually have the same broker now, and he is treating me good. He was on the moon for while while most business owners were in the dumps about the economy. He had expansion plans and he was leaning heavy on me to help him. We had 3 vans in place and were running, commuting to Cincinnati what was to be our new market. We were buying equipment for pennies on the dollar at auctions as businesses were failing all around in 08 and 09.

Then tragedy struck my bosses family. His 7 year old son was involved in a accident and left paralyzed from the chest down. It tore my boss apart psychologically and he needed to be done with his business quickly so he could devote every waking moment to his son. This is partly why he was not able to sell. He was not willing to wait on the right buyer, and he already had enough money that he had obtained true financial freedom and he was only growing the business for the love of business.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
60% duct cleaning
20% Carpet cleaning
20% water damage/floods

fluctuated between 4 and 6 vans depending on the season. 4 in winter 6 during summer.
flood box van, support cargo van for hauling, and an additional van with a white magic 1200 TM.

During the summer months the company was doing 140 jobs a week with low 300 job averages.
50-60 jobs a week during the winter with high 200 averages.

I ran the flood division and the last full year (2010) we billed just over 800K and we were averaging 4 flood calls a week. We did do 2 very large commercial/retail spaces that year whose bills totaled over 140K for just the two jobs.
The company was ran debt free no leases, prepaid all advertising and shop rent 6 mos at a time for better rates etc.

I do not know for sure his NET profits but I estimated them in the 450-550 per year range. I do know for sure that he had 40K dollars a month auto withdrawn from his account and sent directly to his broker who was an absolute genius. His broker saw the collapse coming and had my former boss positioned in short calls all over the place. So his portfolio rode the market down and then back up again. He added several 0's to his overall portfolio in a few short months. I actually have the same broker now, and he is treating me good. He was on the moon for while while most business owners were in the dumps about the economy. He had expansion plans and he was leaning heavy on me to help him. We had 3 vans in place and were running, commuting to Cincinnati what was to be our new market. We were buying equipment for pennies on the dollar at auctions as businesses were failing all around in 08 and 09.

Then tragedy struck my bosses family. His 7 year old son was involved in a accident and left paralyzed from the chest down. It tore my boss apart psychologically and he needed to be done with his business quickly so he could devote every waking moment to his son. This is partly why he was not able to sell. He was not willing to wait on the right buyer, and he already had enough money that he had obtained true financial freedom and he was only growing the business for the love of business.
So he got offered roughly 3x Net....which is a multiple of non-service based businesses....pretty good

Last edited:

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
So he got offered roughly 3x Net....which is a multiple of non-service based business....pretty good
roughly, again I was not privy to all of the numbers. I was his right hand man and if he was still in bizz today I would still be working for him. I would be a regional manager at this point if tragedy had not struck.

Instead I am out here trying to emulate his success while attempting to avoid his failures and shortcomings.

A curse and blessing at the same time.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location