Direct Mail EDDM Advertising With No Discount.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Anyone doing EDDM without offering discounts? Working on my first EDDM piece along with a 5x7 card that I can use for 5 arounds/ canvassing and would like to know if it can be done successfully without a discount.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
Not quite a EDDM..... but I made a 2 sided EDDM sized flyer , heavy stock, full gloss...looked great....It had no discounts or prices of any kind, and it was a complete failure.

Now mind you I only passed out about 1k of them...but it was to a select 4-5 very neighborhoods which I thought would have given me at least a .5 return.:(

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Anyone doing EDDM without offering discounts? Working on my first EDDM piece along with a 5x7 card that I can use for 5 arounds/ canvassing and would like to know if it can be done successfully without a discount.
me and a few other offer $ off or % off coupons.. it allows you to not actually give any money off, but you appear to be giving a deal to the customer. I am $50 an area and 20% off when you do your whole house.. ($40/area with discount)

People like deals.. and we need to be paid properly.. this is how I even the playing field.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
me and a few other offer $ off or % off coupons.. it allows you to not actually give any money off, but you appear to be giving a deal to the customer. I am $50 an area and 20% off when you do your whole house.. ($40/area with discount)

People like deals.. and we need to be paid properly.. this is how I even the playing field.
Sometimes I wish these forums were private so that our customers were not able to see ;)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
All about 'PERCIEVED VALUE' MOST folks wanna' think they 'Skinned a CAT' with your Super Dooper DEAL! On the other hand you will hear from the few and FORTUNATE here that CLAIM they get 50 cents SFT or Stay Home...HMMMM Interesting topic for the LIE DETECTOR!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Not quite a EDDM..... but I made a 2 sided EDDM sized flyer , heavy stock, full gloss...looked great....It had no discounts or prices of any kind, and it was a complete failure.

Now mind you I only passed out about 1k of them...but it was to a select 4-5 very neighborhoods which I thought would have given me at least a .5 return.:(
Did you have a similar one with discounts that was successful?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Did you have a similar one with discounts that was successful?
Of COURSE...PRECIEVED DISCOUNTS... Would Post but too many competitors on the forum here in my neck of the woods.Email me and I'll shoot em off to you! BACK OFF STANLEE! JB is LOVIN' DAT!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States

In confused. Are you saying you would charge a different price if I called you without the ad?

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Thinking about doing one with 10% and one without for similar routes and seeing what happens.
go higher than 10% ... 20%..50%.. just make sure you are making 30-50/area when said and done.. seriously give me a call and I can elaborate.. 630-696-2134

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
All about 'PERCIEVED VALUE' MOST folks wanna' think they 'Skinned a CAT' with your Super Dooper DEAL! On the other hand you will hear from the few and FORTUNATE here that CLAIM they get 50 cents SFT or Stay Home...HMMMM Interesting topic for the LIE DETECTOR!
YOU CAN ALWAYS...DOUBLE the PRICE and Give them HALF OFF!!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
go higher than 10% ... 20%..50%.. just make sure you are making 30-50/area when said and done.. seriously give me a call and I can elaborate.. 630-696-2134
Not my thing. I offer a fair price across the board. To mark up and then discount back to regular price is wrong and annoying to most consumers (myself included).

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Not my thing. I offer a fair price across the board. To mark up and then discount back to regular price is wrong and annoying to most consumers (myself included).
you have to play the game if you are in residential.. ever been shopping? ever see something discounted? that is because it was intentionally marked up to be discounted..

have you ever purchased anything on "sale" you are on the butt end of this than.. you have to offer promotions and you have to make money to stay in business right?

It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what your customer thinks. and many of them want to feel like they are getting a deal to call you. It's just they way that consumers are conditioned..

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Fifty Bucks an AREA? Hollywood Hills??

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
you have to play the game if you are in residential.. ever been shopping? ever see something discounted? that is because it was intentionally marked up to be discounted..

have you ever purchased anything on "sale" you are on the butt end of this than.. you have to offer promotions and you have to make money to stay in business right?
Precisely!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States

It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what your customer thinks. and many of them want to feel like they are getting a deal to call you. It's just they way that consumers are conditioned..
I by things on "sale" all the time. I generally ignore the original price because it is irrelevant to me.