Direct Mail EDDM Advertising With No Discount.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Sure..It's simply doing Biz with a local mailing cooupon book very similar to Val Pak except alot less. Best Community Values is the name in my area.
Also Money Pages magazine is another & Americas Favorite Cpoupon Book (all theses are franchises and may very well be in your area or a facsimily of?) I mail over 100,000 each month! Hope this helps!

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
Sure..It's simply doing Biz with a local mailing cooupon book very similar to Val Pak except alot less. Best Community Values is the name in my area.
Also Money Pages magazine is another & Americas Favorite Cpoupon Book (all theses are franchises and may very well be in your area or a facsimily of?) I mail over 100,000 each month! Hope this helps!
Sounds good, thanks!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Couponless EDDM ad seems to be doing well. First mailing of 1586 cards sent out about 4 weeks ago has 2 jobs booked at about $3400 with an additional job for $1140 that will probably be scheduled for after all of the holidays.

Sent out another batch of about 3400 cards last week and just scheduled a job for $250+ (phone quote) and setup an additional estimate. Will keep everyone posted.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Couponless EDDM ad seems to be doing well. First mailing of 1586 cards sent out about 4 weeks ago has 2 jobs booked at about $3400 with an additional job for $1140 that will probably be scheduled for after all of the holidays.

Sent out another batch of about 3400 cards last week and just scheduled a job for $250+ (phone quote) and setup an additional estimate. Will keep everyone posted.
Remember response often comes with time. I've had someone call 4 years after cards went out. This is also a busy time for people, they may call later when things calm down

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Remember response often comes with time. I've had someone call 4 years after cards went out. This is also a busy time for people, they may call later when things calm down

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums
Totally agree. My thought is to start hitting these same routes with the 5000 or so houses each month starting in April. I have some other marketing ideas for marketing for Passover cleaning before that.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Totally agree. My thought is to start hitting these same routes with the 5000 or so houses each month starting in April. I have some other marketing ideas for marketing for Passover cleaning before that.
Funny thats my goal as well. 5k a month will $1344 which isnt bad a month.

Still waiting for valpak to call, interest in hearing those prices as well.

Nov 24, 2013
Real Name
Jesse Stafford
I just want to say this has been one of the most interested reads so far on this forum. Its where the rubber meets the road!

If everyone who ever started ANY business just read this thread, they'd be miles ahead and a lot less likely to make stupid marketing mistakes.

The beauty of it is there isn't ONE answer for everyone, but you'll likely find your niche here and those who have paved the way, "blazed the trail", and can help you fine tune one of the biggest enigmas in business, how to attract customers and how to get the prices you need to stay profitable!

I have so much to say, but at the same time I'm speechless.

+ 1 for everyone who has contributed to this thread

Nov 19, 2014
Real Name
ryan vandergraaf
Great read this is my first post thanks everyone for your two cents! I recently acquired a large commercial cleaning company with two very new truck mounts..and one is mainly being used. Winter is now here and I want to find ways to market to get some carpet cleaning jobs to use thst other van. Do people even get their carpets cleaned in the winter in midwest? Anyone have success with their eddm or marketing for winter or do you just drink coffee go in vacation and accept the slow time is just slow?

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Busy enough. Not doing work just for the sake of being busy. It's a year since I went full time. Still feel like it is part time with a full time salary.
Which is kind of the point when ya got little kids. Can you imagine still being employed and seeing the twins half as much? I love this life!

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Great read this is my first post thanks everyone for your two cents! I recently acquired a large commercial cleaning company with two very new truck mounts..and one is mainly being used. Winter is now here and I want to find ways to market to get some carpet cleaning jobs to use thst other van. Do people even get their carpets cleaned in the winter in midwest? Anyone have success with their eddm or marketing for winter or do you just drink coffee go in vacation and accept the slow time is just slow?
I'm not big into advertising, but from what I've read from guys that are, they spend twice as much to get half the customers in the winter. Your best bet for winter work is pound the pavement, get in front of commercial accounts and separate yourself from the others. LISTEN to what their issues are currently and focus on those. Give them more than they're currently getting and cater to them. There's nothing better than recurring commercial accounts so focus on places that need quarterly or monthly work.

Tell us a little about the business you bought and what you're primary focus is, CC, Tile, janitorial, etc. What city?