Direct Mail EDDM Advertising With No Discount.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Not really interested in offering a big enough discount to get the bottom feeders to call. Enough discount to seem like its something, but not enough to get the really cheap people to call.

As I said in another post, in the same valpak, there are two tree companies. One offers $200 off and a $100 signing bonus. This company also has poor customer service but advertises "top quality customer service". The other, a measly $25 but focuses more on quality, excellent business practices, ect.

Guess who seems busier?

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
True. Was thinking about $50 off $450 or more. Afraid I was going to turn potential clients off by seeing the big number. My residential job average is somewhere near $300.
Here chaim, this is one i just did.
No pricing...

Sometimes i do offer a free room or piece of furniture.

Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
True. Was thinking about $50 off $450 or more. Afraid I was going to turn potential clients off by seeing the big number. My residential job average is somewhere near $300.
Something that seems to work well for me with higher end clients is a 20% discount when having two or more services done on the same day.
I think they understand the economics behind it and are less likely to throw a bullshit flag on it.
High end clients like taking advantage of a discounted service as long as they feel that its real.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
So my 3 rooms for $99 is not as good as $25 off?

At $40/room and $25 off leaves me with a $95 ticket...before up sells.

I guess it is perception. But my high enders are paying the 3 room deal just as much as the lower enders.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

I guess it is perception. But my high enders are paying the 3 room deal just as much as the lower enders.
that is because your price is targeting the lower enders.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

You could Always Double your standard price and offer a generous 50% discount!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States

You will not have many high enders with three room for $99 marketing. I did a $200 (after discount) job last week that was 2 bedrooms. I don't really think of them as high end. Just upper middle class clients that want quality work done in their home by people they can trust.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
You will not have many high enders with three room for $99 marketing. I did a $200 (after discount) job last week that was 2 bedrooms. I don't really think of them as high end. Just upper middle class clients that want quality work done in their home by people they can trust.
Yeah, my high enders are really upper middle class. I can up the ticket on those usually because their rooms are bigger than 200sqft so then the rooms start to creep closer to $50

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
No, you don't have to give a discount. Some of our most successful campaigns have been with giving Two FREE gifts. Another really good offer was $50 off your next service.
I'll be curious to the feedback you get from TMF as to the variant between discounts, bonuses & freebies - and how best to leverage the latter