Direct Mail EDDM Advertising With No Discount.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hitman

Sep 14, 2008
Pensacola, FL
www.Hitmanadvertising.com
Real Name
John Braun
Business Location
United States
Of course the offer is important. But the way you sell the offer is important too.

Percent off offers have never done well for us unless it was 50% off. And we would never want to give that much off any of our main services.

Bonuses have done the best for current clients in postcards and newsletters. It's second best for new clients.

Freebies have worked the best for new clients. Most times, we'll offer freebies with a condition to buy at least our minimum service. However, we sometimes make the offer with no condition to buy if the client is located in a convenient area in a high end neighborhood.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Of course the offer is important. But the way you sell the offer is important too.

Percent off offers have never done well for us unless it was 50% off. And we would never want to give that much off any of our main services.

Bonuses have done the best for current clients in postcards and newsletters. It's second best for new clients.

Freebies have worked the best for new clients. Most times, we'll offer freebies with a condition to buy at least our minimum service. However, we sometimes make the offer with no condition to buy if the client is located in a convenient area in a high end neighborhood.

I never really had to advertise much as I built my business off the backs of others so to speak. Rather than going door to door to insurance companies, handing out worthless business cards that usually end up in the garbage, I marketed my services to other restoration companies and let THEM do all the foot work. And it worked beautifully for decades.

BUT....as we all know, the insurance work slows down in the late spring/summer, so we have to drum up work some how, right? Right! So I tried a bunch of different things with direct mail and tracked every single one of them and I can tell you that the very BEST ad that I put out there had no price and no % discount off. (they don't work) on the coupon, BUT my message was loud and crystal clear. And I said what they (prospects) wanted to hear.....and I'll never forget it.

REAL Carpet Cleaning!
REAL Results!
REAL Customer Satisfaction!

It worked because most carpet cleaning company's stink and the public knows it.
My ad oozed with confidence and SCREAMED out...HIRE ME IF YOU WANT THE BEST! And in the end, that's all they really want for their hard earned money. They want to know that they got their monies worth. Or more like....Not ripped off....as so many do.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Double your Price....then Offer a GENEROUS 50% Discount..Most take the Bait...Gets you in the door..making Lifetime clients is up to your Great Work........
I never really had to advertise much as I built my business off the backs of others so to speak. Rather than going door to door to insurance companies, handing out worthless business cards that usually end up in the garbage, I marketed my services to other restoration companies and let THEM do all the foot work. And it worked beautifully for decades.

BUT....as we all know, the insurance work slows down in the late spring/summer, so we have to drum up work some how, right? Right! So I tried a bunch of different things with direct mail and tracked every single one of them and I can tell you that the very BEST ad that I put out there had no price and no % discount off. (they don't work) on the coupon, BUT my message was loud and crystal clear. And I said what they (prospects) wanted to hear.....and I'll never forget it.

REAL Carpet Cleaning!
REAL Results!
REAL Customer Satisfaction!

It worked because most carpet cleaning company's stink and the public knows it.
My ad oozed with confidence and SCREAMED out...HIRE ME IF YOU WANT THE BEST! And in the end, that's all they really want for their hard earned money. They want to know that they got their monies worth. Or more like....Not ripped off....as so many do.
Good Lawd..go back to SLEEP Richard..You're startin to IRK my AZZ!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Jason
Hi there, anyone out there willing to let a new guy look at some successful EDDM flyers? I am in the Phoenix area. Just starting out and looking for some direction.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Hi there, anyone out there willing to let a new guy look at some successful EDDM flyers? I am in the Phoenix area. Just starting out and looking for some direction.
You might want to reconsider doing EDDM in the Phoenix area. Your competition is pretty high in the area, with successful companies already dominating most markets. How do I know? I had to break into that market a few years ago when it was easier. I wish some of the old members where still here they would be a great source of information for Phoenix.

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Jason
You might want to reconsider doing EDDM in the Phoenix area. Your competition is pretty high in the area, with successful companies already dominating most markets. How do I know? I had to break into that market a few years ago when it was easier. I wish some of the old members where still here they would be a great source of information for Phoenix.
How'd you break in?

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
How'd you break in?
It wasn't me personally, but the carpet cleaner that I helped, started going door to door. Print off 500 flyers and went knocking on doors to start. This was also during the time of the real estate crash and there were a lot of foreclosures, I recommended to him that he take some of those fliers to local real estate offices and market foreclosure carpet cleaning.

Find your niche. Are you trying to do more commercial jobs, residential, a mixture? But with EDDM you have to do it continuously. Therefore, you're going to need a healthy marketing budget. If you don't have a marketing budget you need to work on that first. How can you afford to market your business. We did Craigslist when we started out - it is FREE. I know a lot of guys guff at Craigslist, but when it comes down to it, you're the only one paying your own bills and putting food on your table. As long as you stay ethical I believe the sky is the limit.

Had out fliers. Pass out business cards. Ask family for referrals. If you're part of a church give a steep discount in return to maybe get your information on the back of the Sunday bulletin. Whatever gets your phone ringing.

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Christopher
EDDM seems kinda pointless. Least in my area when we have coupon books that are sent to every house in town and only cost $300-500. I'm not sure if bigger cities get that choice, but it sure seems lot cheaper than EDDM.