Advice, opinions, and thoughts on this rug? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Advice, opinions, and thoughts on this rug?

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Would love some ideas on how I can get this rug to look better? I raked in trashed green prespray, let it dwell, and hit it with my mytee with 200 degree water. Looks better, but traffic areas matted down and still look grungy... Am I being too anal?

Also, the first pic is after I vacuumed twice...:D

Sent from my PC36100 using TMF Forums mobile app

Attachments

Dennis Anderson

Jul 16, 2012
Real Name
Dennis Anderson
IMO, the traffic areas have wear. You've probably done just about as much as you can.

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Great advice. I feel better now. Now if I can just stop chasing shadows...lol

Benjamin Doss

Apr 10, 2012
Illinois
Real Name
Ben
Business Location
United States
Yeah it does, but with proper pre inspection and a good explanation of the problem areas the client usually understands.

When I go get the client that insists its still dirty I bust out the white towel.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I agree that the difference in appearance is due to "shading, fading and wear" and not from soiling issues.

We always had prepared comments to explain "shading, fading and wear" to the client.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Something I tell customers is that all carpets wear out, along with the color. Its just the natural part of life.. I do tell them there are different things they can do to help fend off the wear issue.. The best way I can get the customer to understand how carpets wear.. I use the knees of a pair of jeans as an example and how they wear out first over the rest of the jeans.. the fabric and color starts to break down. After that they have a full understanding of wear because they found something that is relatable to them. Never have an issue cause we don't make their problem our problem.. :)
\\

Reactions: Scott W

Latest posts