amp draw on mini-mount | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

amp draw on mini-mount

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
What year is your Mini Mount. The older ones were belt driven and the 1 1/2HP motor drove both the 3M blower and the pump. I had one back in 1989 and it had no problem staying below 15 amps. It normally ran at 14 amps. The newer models which use 2 electric motors . One
direct coupled to 3M Sutorbilt and the other is a 1/2HP motor that drives the solution pump(140-180 psi). It also has an inline heater right after the pump for extra heat or when using the base unit portable. When on the truck the newer ones run at around 170 degrees from what I have heard and I have run a motor and 3M blower direct coupled and there is no doubt it has a lot more vacuum than the belt driven ones. Interestingly the 1 1/2HP Franklin motor uses around 12 amps when under a typical carpet cleaning mode. The solution pump may need
5 amps. So you may run both cords on one 20 amp circuit. Not so if you engage the inline heater . I have operated one with the direct coupled 3M and a 3 stage in parallel of course and it had great vacuum. The combination in this case is really good. Today if you added one of newer
power boosters such as the CA 6.6 Power Booster which I have the performance would be great. I don't know if Bob still sells power boosters or not but his work well from what I have heard and of course there is Terry (Odin) and he will make one with any motor you want in it.
Every Bane Clene TM should have an inline power booster!

smartcarpetcare

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
You are a great help Chris, and, as always, Jan! I have a Maxi-Mount, and bought an extra Base Unit. I have a large Honda gennie, and am looking to hook the 2 older Base Units in Parallel, 2x 15 Amps then??

Last edited:

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Mike when you add another vacuum source whether adding another base unit or adding an inline power booster it will
create twice as much vacuum. Since you will have a higher Hg operating lift this will cause the 1 1/2 HP motor to use more
amps. When I added a 3 stage in parallel the amp guage on the base unit when up to about 16-17 amps. The 3 stage
vac motor of course uses less amps with more restriction . So I had one circuit pulling 16-17 and the other about 12 amps.

smartcarpetcare

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
Yes, what about the effect on amps draw of the BC if I put an air hog in series upwind??

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Yes, what about the effect on amps draw of the BC if I put an air hog in series upwind??
You do not mean in series? Putting the Air Hog inline will work as it is supposed to. With a Bane Clene TM that is belt driven in carpet cleaning I would not put Air Hog too close to wand since it will have more vacuum than the base unit. For instance on a 150 foot run I would set it at
50 to 100 feet from wand. Would not matter much on runs of only 100 feet or less. In any event you will love what that extra vacuum will do for your Bane Clene setup. It will seem like twice as much and indeed it probably is and maybe more depending on how old your Bane setup is as they increased the blower speed in like 1995. Then later they went to the direct coupled which is by far better. Still you with just two cords will have more vacuum than a new Bane-Clene TM. As far as it's effect on your Base unit as I stated before your amps required will go up some. Usually this is not problem . If it is then I know a couple of ways to deal with it.

Last edited: