Any ideas on how to transport water? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Any ideas on how to transport water?

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
I am constantly needing more water for my floor scrubber and constantly replenishing with buckets is extremely time consuming, any thoughts on how to transport gallons of water?

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
I did consider a hose, but I also thought about the different hose connections i would need and the distance from the nearest water source to the buffer. But a hose is still useable in a lot of instances.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Yeah they’re pretty complicated but with research it’s easy to attain a small collection of fittings which enable connection to various sources

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
Yes I was specifically looking into a cart with wheels and posted here to see if anyone knew of a brand they had experience with, I searched a lot for water carts but did not seem to find the best one for my use. - however seems like the hose is the most efficient way to do this,

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes I was specifically looking into a cart with wheels and posted here to see if anyone knew of a brand they had experience with, I searched a lot for water carts but did not seem to find the best one for my use. - however seems like the hose is the most efficient way to do this,
Look into rv portable water tanks. You would need a pump obviously to get it into machine. These tanks are made for both waste and fresh water. Never tried it so if its just a thought.

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
Checked that out as well (rv tanks) however, seems like the hose and hose attachment route is the simplest/practical option

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I like @Jim Davisson idea of a bucket inside a sink with a simple pump. No needing to adapt to sinks for hook up anymore.

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
Can you give an example or link to a pump i would use for this purpose, motorized? Just a little confused with the pump arrangement

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
A 32 brute garbage can with wheel kit is indispensable on your rig. Transports things like water for vlm or wet pad from a water damage, gives you a remote vessel for your apo to pump out into and carries hoses into the job. I couldn't work without one. I roll this entire rig with one hand free into the elevator daily. BTW, Idghaf what people say about it being a garbage can either. My mule Pépé goes everywhere with me.

20200129_120654.jpg

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
Yeah they’re pretty complicated but with research it’s easy to attain a small collection of fittings which enable connection to various sources
I have searched on amazon and online and I realized that there are endless different fittings, could you guide me on which are the most common that i might encounter?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I have searched on amazon and online and I realized that there are endless different fittings, could you guide me on which are the most common that i might encounter?
I live in Australia we have different fittings here
You can use the search bar on this website
There’s lots of information avail here you can find the answer straight away, it’s very handy to search there first for the answers to frequently asked questions FAQs

Connecting to water
https://www.truckmountforums.com/index.php?threads/Connecting-to-water.100581/

Check out what I have found on the TMF Shop. I think you will like the Carpet Cleaning Faucet Adapter Kit
http://app-810.appdeep.link/products/2966544005

Last edited:

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ho to homedepot. Go into faucet section. Take the aerators off 1 lavatory faucet then one off a kitchen faucet. Take them into plumbing aisle. They have a thread guide or just match it up. Those are your 2 most common threads.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ho to homedepot. Go into faucet section. Take the aerators off 1 lavatory faucet then one off a kitchen faucet. Take them into plumbing aisle. They have a thread guide or just match it up. Those are your 2 most common threads.
I cant remember the threads off hand. But i do remember they both thread onto each other making it simple and less likely to lose them.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Go to Wal Mart or where ever you shop, pick up one of these for $12 and cut off the spray head. This hose will slip on any faucet, no messing with threads.

699FE538-D2F6-48DB-A129-03B2A1271CF9.png
48AF5DB3-73FF-47B9-A127-64B34E347B26.png

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
A 32 brute garbage can with wheel kit is indispensable on your rig. Transports things like water for vlm or wet pad from a water damage, gives you a remote vessel for your apo to pump out into and carries hoses into the job. I couldn't work without one. I roll this entire rig with one hand free into the elevator daily. BTW, Idghaf what people say about it being a garbage can either. My mule Pépé goes everywhere with me.

View attachment 89492
We use a a big trash can for our pre spray on big jobs. And it’s on wheels we fill with 25gals plug in a pump that hooks to side drop in siphon hose and no need to refill a bunch of times

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This hangs right next to my freshwater reel on my van and has proven to be all I need to get water everywhere. A commercial water key, $6 sink adapter home depot (sink threads after GH threads cut off), 1" heater hose (for quickly removing frozen aerators without tools or damage) and a brass QC that fits all our portables inlet side to pressure feed the pump. Unknown TM jobs I "try" to show up with the 100 gallon freshwater tank full. Most days cleaning with the TM and portable I never have to fill up during the day. On vacant jobs in the winter, I top up the vans freshwater tank with hot water whenever practical.

20200212_062442.jpg

Reactions: keep it clean