Anyone tried this? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anyone tried this?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arn...se-your-goal.html?searchTerm=arnold blueprint

I started lifting weights for the first time in over 20 years about a week and half ago so I need a program to follow. Looking to see if anyone has tried the plan I posted a link to. If you have a good plan please share.

BTW after the week and a half I decided to max out to see where I am and to track improvement and I was sad to to realize I am not as strong as I thought I was but then again I had not lifted weights since I was in the Army 20+ years ago. My bench was a pathetic 155 lbs, deadlift 205 and squat 125. I know I could of went more on the squat but I stopped at that weight as I blew out my knee and have nerve damage in my left leg which caused me to get out of the Army and was scared to push it.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I found that when starting any system or regiment that i did better if i stuck to the plan. I often strayed off of the plans i set within 3 weeks out of boredom instead of sticking it out to see if it worked. All plans will yield results. I started off light for about a month before starting a plan. 3 days a week upper, mid ,lower. Until i got used to the movement. Joints will begin to free up. Im sure your hearing crackling in your joints. I know i do lol. Doesnt hurt till i relax and im like damn. Did i fall down a flight of steps lol?!
But if i were to get back in im 41 now i wouldnt take it as seriously. I would follow plan but wouldnt kill myself. No need for unnecessary injury at this age. No shame in starting out light. We work for a living. Were not training for the olympics. Unless you are training for competition are you?
I would definitely give it a month or so before attempting to find your max to set your goals.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
This is the book i followed for about 3 years. Before stopping all together.
i gave to a coworker that was seriously into body building. And he moved onto another job. I said keep it. But i plan to get the same book and follow it again.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I've tried many programs.
I used to lift heavy but I've discovered a much better program that saves time, builds muscle effectively and limits risk of injury.

Drop sets.
I mostly use machines as it allows me to go to complete failure without risking injury, working out solo.
You start with a weight you can manage to get about 8-12 reps with....
After yer first set, you immediately strip off 10-15 lbs and hit the next set with zero rest time.
This is done for 4 sets, each exercise
I can move through an entire workout in 25 minutes or less and it really helps my static strength for Jiu-jitsu.
Oftentimes, those who are new to lifting do it far too often but you need to space out a week between each body part or you'll actually limit or even diminish muscular growth.
Less is more.
I've done this workout now for over 5 years and I feel fantastic.
My old workouts...I was strong as fuk but my shoulders and back ALWAYS hurt...
Older you get, the more you want to focus yer workouts to improve yer health...

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I found that when starting any system or regiment that i did better if i stuck to the plan. I often strayed off of the plans i set within 3 weeks out of boredom instead of sticking it out to see if it worked. All plans will yield results. I started off light for about a month before starting a plan. 3 days a week upper, mid ,lower. Until i got used to the movement. Joints will begin to free up. Im sure your hearing crackling in your joints. I know i do lol. Doesnt hurt till i relax and im like damn. Did i fall down a flight of steps lol?!
But if i were to get back in im 41 now i wouldnt take it as seriously. I would follow plan but wouldnt kill myself. No need for unnecessary injury at this age. No shame in starting out light. We work for a living. Were not training for the olympics. Unless you are training for competition are you?
I would definitely give it a month or so before attempting to find your max to set your goals.

I'm 42 with a bit of of gut so no competition for me lol.
My knees sound like Rice Krispys every time I go up and down the stairs and my shoulder and elbow hurts after most days. I mostly want to build strength to see if it helps the pain.
I have been hitting my mid section hard doing 150 crunches a day and see a slight improvement already. It sucks being this age and out of shape, young enough to think we can still do things we did 20 years ago but too old to actually do it :(

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My knees sound like Rice Krispys every time I go up and down the stairs and my shoulder and elbow hurts after most days. I mostly want to build strength to see if it helps the pain.
I have been hitting my mid section hard doing 150 crunches a day and see a slight improvement already. It sucks being this age and out of shape, young enough to think we can still do things we did 20 years ago but too old to actually do it :(
We dont have the fast recovery anymore. If it hurts monday? It will still hurt next monday lol. Once you get back into the rhythm the pain should subside. Even for out of shape young guys its painful breaking into lifting. Just younger people bounce back faster.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Stay away from leg extensions.
One of the most harmful exercises ever invented

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Got to remember I have bad knees and nerve damage plus I'm doing this in my garage with not much safety protection. I may be a carpet cleaner but I do have a little common sense ;)
It just sounded strange cause the legs have the strongest muscles, you use them a lot in your work and most people can squat a ton with them.

Michael Torres

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Michael Torres
My brother is a bodybuilding champion. I played professional soccer. Most important is to start gradually. At a slower pace and build up. Cardio vascular is best. It gives you stamina and peak energy and endurance. I would suggest going to your doctor and getting a full check up before you proceed. Then I would start gradually maybe with swimming laps where it is less harsh than jogging, where stress is put on your joints and injuries are frequent if you haven't ran in a while. Once you build your physical endurance and loose weigh if you have excessive fat then you can gradually get into other forms of cardio. Now if its your physical appearance you want to develop then you join a gym and talked to an instructor, or go online to youtube and learn how to use weights. Carpet cleaning will get you in shape and its beneficial to your health. I have lost a few pounds cleaning carpets in my time. Good luck

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
It just sounded strange cause the legs have the strongest muscles, you use them a lot in your work and most people can squat a ton with them.
I agree I should squat more, I have big strong legs but I have terrible form when I squat. Over time I will increase the weight but I need to build up slowly.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
My brother is a bodybuilding champion. I played professional soccer. Most important is to start gradually. At a slower pace and build up. Cardio vascular is best. It gives you stamina and peak energy and endurance. I would suggest going to your doctor and getting a full check up before you proceed. Then I would start gradually maybe with swimming laps where it is less harsh than jogging, where stress is put on your joints and injuries are frequent if you haven't ran in a while. Once you build your physical endurance and loose weigh if you have excessive fat then you can gradually get into other forms of cardio. Now if its your physical appearance you want to develop then you join a gym and talked to an instructor, or go online to youtube and learn how to use weights. Carpet cleaning will get you in shape and its beneficial to your health. I have lost a few pounds cleaning carpets in my time. Good luck
I have a treadmill that I also use, I'm just trying to mix it up a bit.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Jason I found a program I think you could really follow with amazing results:

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I've tried many programs.
I used to lift heavy but I've discovered a much better program that saves time, builds muscle effectively and limits risk of injury.

Drop sets.
I mostly use machines as it allows me to go to complete failure without risking injury, working out solo.
You start with a weight you can manage to get about 8-12 reps with....
After yer first set, you immediately strip off 10-15 lbs and hit the next set with zero rest time.
This is done for 4 sets, each exercise
I can move through an entire workout in 25 minutes or less and it really helps my static strength for Jiu-jitsu.
Oftentimes, those who are new to lifting do it far too often but you need to space out a week between each body part or you'll actually limit or even diminish muscular growth.
Less is more.
I've done this workout now for over 5 years and I feel fantastic.
My old workouts...I was strong as fuk but my shoulders and back ALWAYS hurt...
Older you get, the more you want to focus yer workouts to improve yer health...
Good advise from a guy that can Barely lift his Azz Off the couch:D Please don't Keeeel me!

Last edited:

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Good advise from a guy that can Barely lift his Azz of the couch:D Please don't Keeeel me!
I don't go overboard with anything really.
It's my key to a sound body AND mind.
I eat healthy and exercise M-F but I'm more lax come the weekend.
Just last night, took a couple hits of my indo and washed it down with a Martini... :smug: