Anyone use the workhorse vacuum? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anyone use the workhorse vacuum?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I have been seeing the workhorse vacuum in a few different CC YouTube channels lately. They seem to really like it and it does seem like it really does lift the pile up more than most vacuums I have seen..they say it has a really good beater bar.

Has anyone on here used one?
Would like to get a better vac on the van soon, still debating but I think I want a turbocat as well but wouldn't use it for every job.

Anyone used both?

Thanks!

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I have been seeing the workhorse vacuum in a few different CC YouTube channels lately. They seem to really like it and it does seem like it really does lift the pile up more than most vacuums I have seen..they say it has a really good beater bar.

Has anyone on here used one?
Would like to get a better vac on the van soon, still debating but I think I want a turbocat as well but wouldn't use it for every job.

Anyone used both?

Thanks!
They’re the old AMWAY CMS2000
Rebadged
Must have been a huge warehouse full of them
Decent vacuum, very expensive back then...
Never used one though
What’s the price?

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaG

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
The Workhorse is what Amway used to sell as the ClearTrack. There is a sorted story of how it came about that you can find with a Google search. It's basically the stolen design of the original Dyson. However they didn't copy the canister portion correctly and a lot of dirt ends up in the filter which needs to be cleaned after every use.

I think you'll do much better to buy a Sanitaire of any flavor.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
They’re the old AMWAY CMS2000
Rebadged
Must have been a huge warehouse full of them
Decent vacuum, very expensive back then...
Never used one though
What’s the price?
From just one supplier I saw it was like $450..which seems very expensive for now

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
Basically same exact design as Dyson. They were sued and lost which basically ended production. Good vacuum but there are a few other brands with a lot better performance. If you’re looking for a great American made Vacuum look up Riccar. You can find a lot of comparison videos of the Riccar side by side and there’s no completion

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Thanks guys, I didn't know the history of it..I figured it was old by the looks of it..

I've used sanitaires before and they work good

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Sanitaire/royal/Kirby/Windsor/proteam all have good beaters
$1-200 Craigslist Kirby/sanitaire hard to beat IMO

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I see truman steemers use the work horse with great results little over 400 is steep but does excellent work for now ill have to stick with my sharks
Yeah him and QMS custom cc ..same..I have an old Dyson not my favorite..I really like the looks and vids I've seen of royals

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
With a great filter or dust downer a turbocat walks it's dog at much better numbers. Live Facebook videos with someone pilled out selling them, not exactly good marketing them as "high end" lol

Reactions: Cameron RDS

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
With a great filter or dust downer a turbocat walks it's dog at much better numbers. Live Facebook videos with someone pilled out selling them, not exactly good marketing them as "high end" lol
Yeah I would imagine it works great. I have some high rise work tho and want to get into some VLM so don't/can't always just use the turbo

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I would imagine it works great. I have some high rise work tho and want to get into some VLM so don't/can't always just use the turbo
It's a silver rated CRI bagless vac, a paper bag Oreck is the same level IMO and has the same capacity for half the price. I haven't carried a corded vac in years, because they are disappointing.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Seems one of the guys many follow just bought what was left of those work horse vacs, and is making a mint selling them. I’ll stick to my Sebo and Kirby but seems like he’s got a good hussle selling them lately

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Seems one of the guys many follow just bought what was left of those work horse vacs, and is making a mint selling them. I’ll stick to my Sebo and Kirby but seems like he’s got a good hussle selling them lately
I kinda thought that when the YouTube guys took to them so quick and that it's such an expensive vac for not being a big brand..Truman was recommending them on his channel so maybe was more to it lol

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Truman seems to be doing a great business. I’ve enjoyed watching some of his online stuff. I’m sure the vac works well, seems to be the case. But also seems someone bought up a warehouse full and got a ton of people reved up about them and are flying off the shelves. Nothing wrong with that. But I wonder who will service them or have parts when they brake.

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
I kinda thought that when the YouTube guys took to them so quick and that it's such an expensive vac for not being a big brand..Truman was recommending them on his channel so maybe was more to it lol
A fool and his money are soon parted.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have a mint Sentria II, while I think the Kirby cleans well it’s not my favorite to take in, out of the truck, and store. But works terrific!