Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
The largest generation of "spenders" that this country has every known/had who's heyday ran from the late 80's into the mid 2000's are now this country's #1 savers (ages 50-65)
> and you wonder why it takes so much more Marketing to get a response. -
Fact: it use to take 4 impressions to get a response from your marketing. Today, the number is 16.
Can you afford such sustained marketing? If you're a newby, are you aware of this Fact?

Also 70% of the this country's wealth and disposable income is also in the hands of these "savers".

So what's your strategy to get them to loosen up their purse strings?

Are you innovating?... if so how?

Please share, I'm sincerely interested...

6'

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My game plan;

Quality.

Always has been and always been.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Throw so much wood on the fire that no one can stop it...

Roger49er

Nov 25, 2014
Real Name
Roger Wilson
Low cost minimum with affordable add on's.
Exceptional service, ALWAYS, No matter the cost. If I charged too low to accomplish the task then that's on me. Always do the job right with an outcome I'd be proud to put on my business card.

Not sure if that's innovative but it has helped me attract the people who would normally just do it themselves. After the first visit they usually add a bunch of work. Couches, carpet protectant, ceiling fan cleaning and so on.
Only been in business since January yet have had over 15 return customers. Usually wanting different rooms done along with the living room. That's when the carpet protectant sales go way up :)
Anyway maybe it's my medicinal treatment kicking in but I felt the need to comment :)

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
The one and only way to get customers that spend: Word of mouth.

It is a slow and tormenting process, but it's the best to get the customers' money.
Previous customer base
Yes, use Facebook
Follow up on the last job
Bribe the customers to tell their family, friends and neighbors that you're in their area on the day that you come to their house, so you can do 2 jobs instead of one that same day.

Stephanie

Mar 17, 2015
Real Name
Stephanie
What I worry about is my generation of people. Don't know if they are going to get carpets cleaned. Because most of them don't save a dime.
The next generation is also used to having everyone do things for them and charging up expenses for immediate gratification lol

Reactions: PhilipNick

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Do you not think back in the sixties parents looking at their hippie kids thought the same way? News Flash...................as we get older we turn into our parents.

Reactions: Stephanie

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
The baby boomers need services six.

My parents fit into this group, they hire people for odds/ends all the time now.
They dont need major remodels anymore but they do need plumbers, heating, carpet cleaners types still.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
The baby boomers need services six.

My parents fit into this group, they hire people for odds/ends all the time now.
They dont need major remodels anymore but they do need plumbers, heating, carpet cleaners types still.
Baby boomers are the majority of my clients.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Low cost minimum with affordable add on's.
Exceptional service, ALWAYS, No matter the cost. If I charged too low to accomplish the task then that's on me. Always do the job right with an outcome I'd be proud to put on my business card.

Not sure if that's innovative but it has helped me attract the people who would normally just do it themselves. After the first visit they usually add a bunch of work. Couches, carpet protectant, ceiling fan cleaning and so on.
Only been in business since January yet have had over 15 return customers. Usually wanting different rooms done along with the living room. That's when the carpet protectant sales go way up :)
Anyway maybe it's my medicinal treatment kicking in but I felt the need to comment :)

I like that approach. Gotta make it enticing with a low hurdle of entry.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
As their health deteriorates, it will become harder to rent that rug dr.
If you rephrase this with "As health deteriorates, harder it becomes to rent the Rug Dr." we can ad that to Confucius 's quotes.

Reactions: Gasoline

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
My target group is and will always be the 40-death demo. No matter how old I am at the time.
Those with the most disposable income. Agree. I like to go a little lower, 25+. There are plenty in the younger end of the spectrum who are responsible and want things done for them. If you keep marketing or targeting both the young and the older generation; those young will be conditioned to your brand as they grow older.

Reactions: Stephanie

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Those with the most disposable income. Agree. I like to go a little lower, 25+. There are plenty in the younger end of the spectrum who are responsible and want things done for them. If you keep marketing or targeting both the young and the older generation; those young will be conditioned to your brand as they grow older.
Why? If there parents (40 and older) used you, your already in their orbit.