Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Do you guys find yourself cleaning clean carpet more then dirty? I would think dirty, more often. What gets them dirty?

Are you looking for people with pets, kids, ocd people or people who like throwing parties in their houses?

Why do older people clean their carpets, why should young?

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
How do you market to them.

Do you market any differently?

Was having them as a majority of your client by design or did you luck out?
Do not know but i think a lot of it is referrals. The only marketing i do is my web site. I think it scares away the price shoppers but do not know.

Reactions: RickeyClean

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
My post isn't one of theory or opinion.

I've stated FACTS relating to "where the money is" and tge time old fact of the spending behavior of those who will have the overwhelming majority of it.

What's your response ?
To what? Your facts I dont doubt are there. Just stating my
My post isn't one of theory or opinion.

I've stated FACTS relating to "where the money is" and tge time old fact of the spending behavior of those who will have the overwhelming majority of it.

What's your response ?
You wont get any disagreement with me on where most of the capitol is. I spent about 5 posts supporting that conclusion. I said my target demo is middle to advanced aged individuals.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
The one and only way to get customers that spend: Word of mouth.

It is a slow and tormenting process, but it's the best to get the customers' money.
Previous customer base
Yes, use Facebook
Follow up on the last job
Bribe the customers to tell their family, friends and neighbors that you're in their area on the day that you come to their house, so you can do 2 jobs instead of one that same day.
Let me correct myself on this statement, since Matt disagreed:

For a greater chance of getting customers that open the wallet to whatever you say is good...live in a well populated, high income area, and you won't have to depend on word of mouth.

Is that better Spazz? I know your business is probably 3times bigger than mine, if not bigger, so that comment was from my experience in my area.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@matt30577

The reason I gave you the disagree was because of this line from your post

Matt said .............."The one and only way to get customers that spend: Word of mouth."

Wrong, wrong, wrong............word of mouth is only one very small part of marketing Matthew. It doesn't matter how big or small you are.

The ONLY advertising that works is a marketing system that is ongoing and relies on many, many, different sources for new customers and jobs. Word of mouth being one of those.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
@matt30577

The reason I gave you the disagree was because of this line from your post

Matt said .............."The one and only way to get customers that spend: Word of mouth."

Wrong, wrong, wrong............word of mouth is only one very small part of marketing Matthew. It doesn't matter how big or small you are.

The ONLY advertising that works is a marketing system that is ongoing and relies on many, many, different sources for new customers and jobs. Word of mouth being one of those.
Thanks for your guidance Matt.
The reason I made that statement was off of Six Figure's original post. If his statement is 100% correct, then word of mouth will be the best and only way.

Don't call me Matthew again. I hate when people talk down on me like that like I'm being lectured. My mom, and sometimes my wife calls me that, and it pisses me off.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
The reason I made that statement was off of Six Figure's original post. If his statement is 100% correct, then word of mouth will be the best and only way.

Don't call me Matthew again. I hate when people talk down on me like that like I'm being lectured. My mom, and sometimes my wife calls me that, and it pisses me off.
Spazz likes doing that... :)

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
The largest generation of "spenders" that this country has every known/had who's heyday ran from the late 80's into the mid 2000's are now this country's #1 savers (ages 50-65)
> and you wonder why it takes so much more Marketing to get a response. -
Fact: it use to take 4 impressions to get a response from your marketing. Today, the number is 16.
Can you afford such sustained marketing? If you're a newby, are you aware of this Fact?

Also 70% of the this country's wealth and disposable income is also in the hands of these "savers".

So what's your strategy to get them to loosen up their purse strings?

Are you innovating?... if so how?

Please share, I'm sincerely interested...

6'
Game plan referrals and repeat business. And weekly ads. We will hit that 16 marker by summer

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I just got another customer from my eddm campaign, which brings it up to 12 jobs off 1200 mail outs. I will be mailing out in early June another 2 routes and hopefully bring more in. I don't think it would be half as good as it was if I didn't send it to my most busiest route. almost half of my calls were repeat customers, and the other were people that asked around about me before they called me on the ad.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States

lol
wasn't talking down to you Matt.

I knew I would push a button calling you that.

Hah!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The answer is simple.
pamper the boomers
focus on the mid age people
and start getting acquainted with the young ones. Pay close attention to this folks cuz they will be the mid age people by the time you are about to retire.

Reactions: Gasoline

Stephanie

Mar 17, 2015
Real Name
Stephanie
I agree, I just would not discount those younger folks. Being 25 or 35, and dual income, time is so precious; last thing they may want to do is rent a machine to work on cleaning their home on a weekend. A single person, single income; usually could care less about cleaning; but there are exceptions; and do they really want to spend their precious weekend doing that work? I doubt it.
I have many in the 25 to 35 range that use my housekeeping services. They are generally college grads working big wig jobs and honestly having a cleaner is part of their status quo. Not sure how that would pan out in the carpet cleaning part- that is an upsell for me right now (just getting started in this industry)

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I have many in the 25 to 35 range that use my housekeeping services. They are generally college grads working big wig jobs and honestly having a cleaner is part of their status quo. Not sure how that would pan out in the carpet cleaning part- that is an upsell for me right now (just getting started in this industry)
I believe it. Not every college grad has moved back in with mom and dad.