Best Vacuum | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best Vacuum

Premium Kleen

Aug 29, 2017
Real Name
Brian Phipps
Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated. Narrowed it down between the proteam and the powrflite. Both have really good reviews. I notice both the 1500xl and the powrflite model are available in a backpack setup. Which I personally have never used. Just curious do any of you use a backpack version? If so does it work as well as the stand up. Just curious thought it might be handy for cleaning stairs.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Backpack vacuums are a different animal. They work great in big areas and with really low pile carpet. They don't work well in residential carpet. In small areas it's easy to back into things with the pack.

Reactions: ibokural

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
You guys and your quite lite wt. Units .
Sanataire only here . Why ?
It does well post vacuum after VLM
Parts are in every other town . Cheap to buy
The motor sits above the vac blade which makes it the most powerful in the industry .
Paper bags 10 for $10 and can be reused once or twice .
Beatter bar is a must , others dont have one .
In expensive to boot .
2017-09-15 08.05.08.jpg

Reactions: Kenny Wright

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I bought two of those a few years ago. They failed miserably at my janitorial jobs. They won't pick up anything of any weight. They do great at the fine dust and small particles. The beater bar does ok. But pebbles, or anything bigger than a sand grain just get spit around the room. And it doesn't have a wand, which makes them useless for most of us.

Premium Kleen

Aug 29, 2017
Real Name
Brian Phipps
We have the Interlink Preteams on all our trucks. Simple, compact and looks pro grade.

We can get you most any vacuum at a discount. Let me know if we can help you.

Hey Rob I've decided to go with the Proteam 1500xl. Please message me with pricing for this unit. Thank you for the feedback.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Kirby! Or sanitare commercial. Both bomb proof. Well not lego proof lol but pretty tough. Easy repair on the spot. Got the kirby for less then 50 bucks. Very nice for over 20 years old. Only needed a belt. The sanitare is in rough shape for 30ish years but still kicking. Its primarily used for vacuuming carpet after installation. Balls of fuzz and large chunks of carpet go right through it. Occasional impeller breakage but easy 5 minute fix.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Kirby! Or sanitare commercial. Both bomb proof. Well not lego proof lol but pretty tough. Easy repair on the spot. Got the kirby for less then 50 bucks. Very nice for over 20 years old. Only needed a belt. The sanitare is in rough shape for 30ish years but still kicking. Its primarily used for vacuuming carpet after installation. Balls of fuzz and large chunks of carpet go right through it. Occasional impeller breakage but easy 5 minute fix.
Awesome ! I need my vacuum to pick up big stuff, sawdust, sand, nails, bb's you name it has to pick it up so I can clean the carpets !!

my powrflite commercials do the dirty job and don't get much thanks

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Awesome ! I need my vacuum to pick up big stuff, sawdust, sand, nails, bb's you name it has to pick it up so I can clean the carpets !!

my powrflite commercials do the dirty job and don't get much thanks
My friend is in laborers union. He said they get 2 santitares and shop vacs at beginning of project. They have the magnets across the front to pick up nails and screws. But they vac up drywall dust saw dust and chunks. At end of project they toss them in dumpster.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
My friend is in laborers union. He said they get 2 santitares and shop vacs at beginning of project. They have the magnets across the front to pick up nails and screws. But they vac up drywall dust saw dust and chunks. At end of project they toss them in dumpster.
I have the magnet strips on all vacuums we have

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I just got a new shark duo clean lift off vac for my own house. I was very impressed with it until it broke. The rotating part of the head is making funny noises already. $ 200+ vacuum broken in about a month.
It did clean amazing and the attachments are well thought out. It still looks too cheap for me to take into any customers house.
Ya know they offer an amazing warranty I know from experience they'd have taken care of you if you still have it.... I do a premium service none of my customers are complaining if anything I'm converting a lot of dyson owners

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
I can buy a Kirby Heritage with attachments for $25. Should I get it? I'm not doing much carpet cleaning so i dont want to spend 3 to 4 hundred on a vacuum but i do want one that works really well.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I can buy a Kirby Heritage with attachments for $25. Should I get it? I'm not doing much carpet cleaning so i dont want to spend 3 to 4 hundred on a vacuum but i do want one that works really well.
yes. It is well worth $25 and is a good vacuum, you could clean it up and quadruple your money

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I have a heritage and 2 g series, I like the g series much better. The g6 and my diamond I found for $100.
Shop ebay and the auctions. Deals are on there.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I would want a Kirby but with the powrflites, I change the bag and it keeps rolling...