United States
175 with a white pad

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
encap with citrus and a little bleach like a crazy texan always talks about lol.

it was a full replacement if i couldn't get it clean. they're still using it

Reactions: john martinez

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
You should not have to break out a big scrubber for only that spot.

175's are great, but spills like that alone should not alone warrant lugging in a 90+ lb 175 in a smaller residential area.

Ideal situation for a little Orbiter.

Utilizing proper chemistry should take care of spots like that, and would be a lot easier than busting out a 175.

Good stiff oxy-prespray with some dwell, some nice slow flush passes and dry-strokes should take care of spills like that assuming their source is not something exotic.

That stuff cleans up pretty easily, just try to limit the majority of your moisture to the surface face fibers because those tight bundles don't give up trapped moisture as fast as most others.

Keep this in mind when working those spill spots, because they may require deeper flushing............but not too deep......just enough to remove the spot.

Trying to be a Superhero by going after the dehyrated source deeper down is not worth the wicking risk that will increase the wetter you leave it.

Try not to re-hydrate the source too far down so there is less chance of it migrating to the surface as it dries.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Or 175 with a bonnet from Bonnet Pro
DING DING DING! We have A Winner.
FINALLY, someone that Gets It. I've been waiting a very long time for someone to finally say it. (y)

I have read so many posts here over the years on "Pre-sprays" (I Hate that word) and hearing many saying.... "Boost It With Citrus...Boost it with Oxidizers....Boost It With Dog Shit....Boost It With This That And The Other". And to that I say NON-SENSE!
There is zero reason why anyone should have to boost any TRAFFIC LANE CLEANER, or your encap cleaning solution with anything other than what the single, cleaning chemical, or cleaning solution is.

In other words, if you are a HWE guy and you use Ultrapac TLC then just use that. Nothing else, no boosters. You do not need them. And you never did. Same goes for those of us who prefer VLM. If I am using Surround Free (which I do) that is all I use. Nothing else. I do not need anything else and here is why......

Sadly many carpet cleaners have been "taught" how to clean carpets either incorrectly, or half ass. Here is a typical example of what is being taught (and I will counter it with a MUCH better way that makes perfect sense and in more ways than one.

Typical Scenario: You have a dirty carpet so most of you ....

1- Vacuum the carpet
2- Apply your TLC (or encap cleaning solution)
3- Agitate (and others do not)
4- HWE (or bonnet absorb)

Am I correct?

Now because some of you believe that you need to Boost the TLC because you are about to clean a "Rat Nasty", you add all kinds of crap to the soup. WHY? If your TLC is that crappy in the first place then I suggest you find another TLC.

The most important thing to remember about soil accumulation on carpet is how it got there in the first place and how long it took to accumulate. The answers are careless neglect and layer by layer. Therefore it only stands to reason that the same soil must be removed layer by layer. But before I go there, let's back up a little bit.

Have you ever heard the saying that 85% of the soils are "Dry Soils"? Well, that is true. And a typical vacuum cleaner will remove those dry soils. So what about the 15% left over? Well, that's what the customers are really paying us to remove. The "Sticky Stuff". So what do most carpet cleaners do? Exactly what I wrote above. Those typical 4 steps.

But what if I told you that there was a better way.... A safer way....
An easier way? Read on and I will tell you how I have done it for decades with great success, overjoyed customers in a multitude of ways and I do it WITHOUT all the concoctions so many play around with. Just my simple, factory made cleaning solution. And it's so damn simple that you're going to kick yourself once you try it and wish you did years ago.

John Martinez already said it. I am hopeful that he knows WHY. And here it is....the climax of the story and the easy solution to your heavily soiled traffic lanes.
Of the 15% of "Sticky Soils" that are left on top of the fibers, how much of that 15% is relatively loose, top coated soils? My guess is about 3% to 7% based on my experience. (Though I have no scientific proof of that number) Those soils will EASILY come off with a simple run of a cotton bonnet under a 175, or Orbiter on a lightly treated carpet using your favorite TLC/encap. Once you take those few, loose layers off, now all you have left is the remaining 8% to 12% of sticky soils left to deal with. Simple, right? Now spray your TLC again the way you normally would, agitate, dwell and finish off with either your HWE, or encap.

By doing it this way you are going to see a dramatic change in the way your TLC, or encapsulation solution works (the way they were intended to work) and without making mud, or so many passes and over wetting. By skipping this very important step and just doing it the typical industry standard way, you are making something so easy, difficult.

Finally, I ask you to not take my word for it. Prove it to yourself instead. I believe you will come to the same conclusions that I did back in 1991 when I was experimenting with this method. Once you do it will be very hard to argue with yourself and lose. Take the results for what they actually are.... True!

Happy cleaning (y)

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
DING DING DING! We have A Winner.
FINALLY, someone that Gets It. I've been waiting a very long time for someone to finally say it. (y)

I have read so many posts here over the years on "Pre-sprays" (I Hate that word) and hearing many saying.... "Boost It With Citrus...Boost it with Oxidizers....Boost It With Dog Shit....Boost It With This That And The Other". And to that I say NON-SENSE!
There is zero reason why anyone should have to boost any TRAFFIC LANE CLEANER, or your encap cleaning solution with anything other than what the single, cleaning chemical, or cleaning solution is.

In other words, if you are a HWE guy and you use Ultrapac TLC then just use that. Nothing else, no boosters. You do not need them. And you never did. Same goes for those of us who prefer VLM. If I am using Surround Free (which I do) that is all I use. Nothing else. I do not need anything else and here is why......

Sadly many carpet cleaners have been "taught" how to clean carpets either incorrectly, or half ass. Here is a typical example of what is being taught (and I will counter it with a MUCH better way that makes perfect sense and in more ways than one.

Typical Scenario: You have a dirty carpet so most of you ....

1- Vacuum the carpet
2- Apply your TLC (or encap cleaning solution)
3- Agitate (and others do not)
4- HWE (or bonnet absorb)

Am I correct?

Now because some of you believe that you need to Boost the TLC because you are about to clean a "Rat Nasty", you add all kinds of crap to the soup. WHY? If your TLC is that crappy in the first place then I suggest you find another TLC.

The most important thing to remember about soil accumulation on carpet is how it got there in the first place and how long it took to accumulate. The answers are careless neglect and layer by layer. Therefore it only stands to reason that the same soil must be removed layer by layer. But before I go there, let's back up a little bit.

Have you ever heard the saying that 85% of the soils are "Dry Soils"? Well, that is true. And a typical vacuum cleaner will remove those dry soils. So what about the 15% left over? Well, that's what the customers are really paying us to remove. The "Sticky Stuff". So what do most carpet cleaners do? Exactly what I wrote above. Those typical 4 steps.

But what if I told you that there was a better way.... A safer way....
An easier way? Read on and I will tell you how I have done it for decades with great success, overjoyed customers in a multitude of ways and I do it WITHOUT all the concoctions so many play around with. Just my simple, factory made cleaning solution. And it's so damn simple that you're going to kick yourself once you try it and wish you did years ago.

John Martinez already said it. I am hopeful that he knows WHY. And here it is....the climax of the story and the easy solution to your heavily soiled traffic lanes.
Of the 15% of "Sticky Soils" that are left on top of the fibers, how much of that 15% is relatively loose, top coated soils? My guess is about 3% to 7% based on my experience. (Though I have no scientific proof of that number) Those soils will EASILY come off with a simple run of a cotton bonnet under a 175, or Orbiter on a lightly treated carpet using your favorite TLC/encap. Once you take those few, loose layers off, now all you have left is the remaining 8% to 12% of sticky soils left to deal with. Simple, right? Now spray your TLC again the way you normally would, agitate, dwell and finish off with either your HWE, or encap.

By doing it this way you are going to see a dramatic change in the way your TLC, or encapsulation solution works (the way they were intended to work) and without making mud, or so many passes and over wetting. By skipping this very important step and just doing it the typical industry standard way, you are making something so easy, difficult.

Finally, I ask you to not take my word for it. Prove it to yourself instead. I believe you will come to the same conclusions that I did back in 1991 when I was experimenting with this method. Once you do it will be very hard to argue with yourself and lose. Take the results for what they actually are.... True!

Happy cleaning (y)
Late to the party but I'd like to wrap my head around what you are saying here, and that is:

For tough stuff, use your regular chems (no need to boost, etc.) and remove the dirt layer by layer. Specifically, prespray, bonnet for top layer (or orbiter), then respray again and HWE or encapsulated cleaning.

So do it twice but scrub the top layer with a bonnet or orbiter and leave the chems alone as they are.

Did I get it?

Thank you for sharing your wisdom :) (no sarcasm I'm new)