Bio break VS Flex

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I have both in my truck. Flex w/ citrus is great for hammered residential or commercial so If it's not too bad I'll put like 2 scoops in a full Hydraforce and use that as my prespray. It ends up going a LONG way.

BioBreak w/ citrus is a tremendous product also and I like it better than Flex because it is a powdered enzyme and works very well on surface urine and bodily fluid spots. It also has a very strong grease cutting power.

They both end up being pennies per job to use. Cant beat that.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
There is no best prespray. There is only the best for each situation.

Those two are at the top of the list for certain things but they say it can also be used as a tile cleaner which I would never try because TMF Tilemaster is definetly the BEST tile cleaner.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
For all around, I'd choose Biobreak. I went through 2 gallons of Flex w/citrus and I'm almost done with my first gallon of Biobreak and I like the results much better. Keep in mind I do mostly residential and rentals which is mostly natural oils from peoples funk.

If you do alot of commercial carpet like offices and store front businesses, Flex w/citrus is what you need, because of the petroleum oils.

Mr. Esteamy

Jul 9, 2011
California
www.esteamcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Brian Kraut
Business Location
United States
I appreciate the feedback. In my area all the distributors deal mainly prochem , master blend , and pros choice. So I use a ton of those products. Only the last year have I started ordering other products from bridge point and magic wand. I'm not expecting bio break or flex to work better then what I'm currently using in any given situation. But I have to try. Maybe I could save a few bucks and no I'm getting the best results.

RDClean

Apr 26, 2012
Texas
rdclean.com
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
I have both in my truck. Flex w/ citrus is great for hammered residential or commercial so If it's not too bad I'll put like 2 scoops in a full Hydraforce and use that as my prespray. It ends up going a LONG way.

BioBreak w/ citrus is a tremendous product also and I like it better than Flex because it is a powdered enzyme and works very well on surface urine and bodily fluid spots. It also has a very strong grease cutting power.

They both end up being pennies per job to use. Cant beat that.
Ill have to give that stuff a try.

I use Enz-All because its the best I have found yet. If used at one scoop per gallon its some powerful stuff. I have tried ultrapac and it was ok but not nearly as powerful as enzall. If I have a real nasty job, I spray one scoop per gallon. If I have a mildly soiled job, I spray 1/2 scoop per gal.

About 20 oz. in my in line sprayer puts out 1 gallon so I pre mix Enz-all in a bucket (1 scoop with 18 oz of hot water) and funnel into in-line-sprayer.

Its easy to rinse out if your using a rinsing agent.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
Enz All is old school. I know it works good but BioBreak w/ citrus is Enz on steroids. Try it and see. Also if its a nasty one you don't necessarily need the enzyme to get good results. That's where the Flex comes in.

TMF Tilemaster is also a very good prespray not just for tile but a great booster for a bad carpet too.

Reactions: RDClean

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
For all around, I'd choose Biobreak. I went through 2 gallons of Flex w/citrus and I'm almost done with my first gallon of Biobreak and I like the results much better. Keep in mind I do mostly residential and rentals which is mostly natural oils from peoples funk.

If you do alot of commercial carpet like offices and store front businesses, Flex w/citrus is what you need, because of the petroleum oils.
Are you using a liquid Biobreak or are saying RTU gallons after you mixed them?

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I appreciate the feedback. In my area all the distributors deal mainly prochem , master blend , and pros choice. So I use a ton of those products. Only the last year have I started ordering other products from bridge point and magic wand. I'm not expecting bio break or flex to work better then what I'm currently using in any given situation. But I have to try. Maybe I could save a few bucks and no I'm getting the best results.
Pro Choice has a fantastic line up, so does Prochem (a little pricey). I used power burst and power strike and had great results with it.

That being said, I currently use bio break and flex (powdered) and am very happy with the performance..

RDClean

Apr 26, 2012
Texas
rdclean.com
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
Like I said, Ill give it a shot. Its next on the list to try.

I am finishing off the citrus slam I bought. Its super soapy and not very impressive.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
Like I said, Ill give it a shot. Its next on the list to try.

I am finishing off the citrus slam I bought. Its super soapy and not very impressive.
If I try something and it's too soapy I don't even finish the stuff. It pisses me off.

I only used two different products that were too soapy though. One was KOP.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I use 6 scoops of Biobreak per gallon at a ratio of 8:1
I say try 3 scoops and be amazed at the same results. Unless your using a weak porty or a TM with intermitant or very weak heat and flow.

Reactions: matt30577
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I say try 3 scoops and be amazed at the same results. Unless your using a weak porty or a TM with intermitant or very weak heat and flow.
I have never used 6 scoops before, usually 3 if it is a nasty I will put 4. Bio Break is the best I have found so far.

Reactions: matt30577

EDS

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
Real Name
Ed Scott
I use 6 scoops(8-1) as well the acid rinse with fabset.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I have never used 6 scoops before, usually 3 if it is a nasty I will put 4. Bio Break is the best I have found so far.
I'm talking 3 or 4 scoops in a HF which will dilute it further. It still comes out with a white froth and kicks any nasty stains or peee peee out of the house.

bjones2004

Feb 3, 2013
Real Name
Brandon Jones
I use 6 scoops(8-1) as well the acid rinse with fabset.
I'm coming from grease eraser and the bio break with citrus blows it out the water. I'm waiting to try my flex though.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Other than a citrus booster, can you boost it with an oxidizer for those white carpets or just for more power?
I use a pump sprayer and a mytee Ltd5 with a bucket heater. Now for a nasty mothafudgeer , How much should i add per gallon?