Box truck with Blue Line thermal wave 2 vortex | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Box truck with Blue Line thermal wave 2 vortex

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
We have always been a portable company but recently we came into a deal to good to pass up. At least I think.14 foot npr box truck with this blue line truckmount. The box truck needs a new motor but I'm going to put one in so that's not a problems. I paid 5000 bucks for this this I figure 2500 for the truck and 2500 for the truckmount. What y'all think good deal or bust? Also give me some tips on this truckmount. Never used a truckmount before either so basically any tip will help. This thing looks like a beast, so I can't wait to get it all set up.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I hate to hear that it has to be towed to you. Did you get the machine checked over?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I hate to hear that it has to be towed to you. Did you get the machine checked over?
Truckmount solutions out of Atlanta did the regular maintenance on the truckmount. I called and asked what they thought about it, and they said it had been taken care of and if anything needed to be fixed they had parts available. It has 2500 hours on the truckmount idk if that's good or bad.

Reactions: Omar

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
We actually bought two box trucks from the guy, one works one doesn't. I might switch the box's out for now.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
For that price, if it runs for a year, its still a big win. Keep the porty for backup. Im sure someone will fill you in on your unit, ive heard bad about the blueline champ. Havnt heard about the thermal wave yet.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
For that price, if it runs for a year, its still a big win.
Yeah, I'm hoping once I get everything fix up I will get a good long life out of it. I mean it will be a new motor in the box truck. As far as the truckmount goes I really have no clue. I guess if it doesn't work out I will stick to my portables.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Yeah, I'm hoping once I get everything fix up I will get a good long life out of it. I mean it will be a new motor in the box truck. As far as the truckmount goes I really have no clue. I guess if it doesn't work out I will stick to my portables.
I hope it does workout, dont forget to protect it from the cold.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I hope it does workout, dont forget to protect it from the cold.
It's def not going to fit in my garage. I'm thinking in the winter and electric heater wired to a car battery overnight?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
It's def not going to fit in my garage. I'm thinking in the winter and electric heater wired to a car battery overnight?
Ive never tried it. I would assume that battery will be drained, since you need atleast 1400 watts of heat. What i did was, run an extension cord from my house, to a heater in my van. This year, its not an option, so i have filled it with antifreeze, untill i need to use it.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Ive never tried it. I would assume that battery will be drained, since you need atleast 1400 watts of heat. What i did was, run an extension cord from my house, to a heater in my van. This year, its not an option, so i have filled it with antifreeze, untill i need to use it.
I might winterize it and use my portables. I have nothing against my portables. Especially until I learn more about taking care of them and maintenance.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
That's a great deal. I think the truckmount has a nissan engine. They were prone to problems but plenty of heat and suction. Big blower. If you don't want the truckmount I'll buy it lol. Make sure it hasn't been frozen.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
That's a great deal. I think the truckmount has a nissan engine. They were prone to problems but plenty of heat and suction. Big blower. If you don't want the truckmount I'll buy it lol. Make sure it hasn't been frozen.
The guy cranked the truckmount and ran it for me. It's def huge. It has a four cylinder car motor as the engine. He said it was a GM motor though I believe. He showed me his tcs warrior truckmount he had for sale also, the blue line made it look so small compared to that.

Reactions: Omar

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
If it is the thermal wave 2 Vortex...then it has the GM 1.6 liter engine...if it was taken care of it is pretty much trouble free engine...I have over 3k hours on mine and it still runs like brand new..and I have only had a few minor issues with it...if you need any parts of info for it I have all kinds of records for it...

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
If it is the thermal wave 2 Vortex...then it has the GM 1.6 liter engine...if it was taken care of it is pretty much trouble free engine...I have over 3k hours on mine and it still runs like brand new..and I have only had a few minor issues with it...if you need any parts of info for it I have all kinds of records for it...

Did you end up selling that setup?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty

I'm sure once I get the set up I will def be asking you some questions! That is exactly the one I just got. And how ironic the guy I bought it off of said the exact same thing. He said this thing never has issues. I thought he might of be saying that to sell it but I guess he wasn't lying. I'm glad to have a resource like you to ask