Buying a NEW Cimex....What options do you guys recommend? ex..10" wheels,etc.. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Buying a NEW Cimex....What options do you guys recommend? ex..10" wheels,etc..

Dan Johnson

Apr 10, 2012
Ca
www.johnson-and-son.com
Real Name
Dan Johnson
Business Location
United States
Gonna be purchasing a 19" cimex soon to start doing some encap cleaning. Hoping to get any advise and thoughts on what I need to get, to handle some of my larger commercial accounts.
Thanks in advance guys!

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Yes. GET THE DAMN BIG BOY WHEELS. Start doing leg press and squats, too. Pulling that b**** up and down stairs is hard work, Especially by yourself. I've gotten to where I can do it without banging stairs and customer's asking me "Are you breaking anything?", but it took a little while. Until you're there, explain that the noise is not actually the stairs, as the wheels are pretty cushiony and take the shock. That motor out front makes the center of gravity all goofy, though, so when the wheels hit the next stair, it's gonna rattle, and sounds a million times worse than it is. After awhile, you'll be able to do it with little to no noise. Until then...protein shakes, buddy.

Get brushes, both carpet and tile. Get pad drivers. Make sure the tank is mounted solidly, and loc-tite the screws. My tank took a dive-bomb off the handle last summer. Any upgrades for it you can find will be worth it.

Reactions: Dan Johnson

Dan Johnson

Apr 10, 2012
Ca
www.johnson-and-son.com
Real Name
Dan Johnson
Business Location
United States
I mainly do HWE extractions & have for over 25 yrs.. got a 360i a little over 6months ago & love it!
Nonetheless.... the cimex will be for commercial carpets ( mainly on single floor jobs thankfully ...but will keep your advice in mind Joseph..thanks).FastFinish, do you use the probrush on commercial or
residential jobs?

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Cimex is fine for commercial. Way better than the BrushPro on large jobs, especially. Has a million uses. Don't knock it for use in resi, in combination with HWE as a prescrubber. It's pretty nice.

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
i agree with the previous posters.

i have stick legs and can pull it up a flight of steps fairly easy with the Big Boy Wheel Kit. def invest in it!!

get a spare set of pad drivers. also buy a spare belt. my 1st Cimex (9 years old) still has the original belt, but it is good to have a spare.

brushes for me are a waste, i have them all and they sit in the van.

i've never had a problem with the sol tank. never had to loctite anything i can think of.

Reactions: Dan Johnson

Dan Johnson

Apr 10, 2012
Ca
www.johnson-and-son.com
Real Name
Dan Johnson
Business Location
United States
Thank you guys for all the helpful advise. I kinda had a feeling that I would want the 10" wheels. Just hate buying something extra and not really needing
it. Found that out with my 360i. Love the unit soooooo much just dont really use every head I have. Oh well maybe later I will find that I will need them on
a future job. Derek, I was hoping to use the cimex on some large commercial tile jobs. Do you ever use the brushes for that? Tiles aren't bad but figure might
be alot faster than manually scrubbing all the grout lines.

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
hi Dan, i used the Cimex on 1 T&G job 7 years ago. cleaned 1164 sq.ft. @ 65¢ - i hadn't ever done T&G before, i wasn't even sure what cleaning solution to use, so i used Cobb's Dynachem Encap boosted with Sodium Perc on one half, and John G's Abstraction boosted with Sodium Perc. on the other half...they both looked the same after i was done.

it worked great, i didn't use the Cimex brushes but i could have. i applied the cleaning solution through the Cimex via it's gravity feed and used Tuway BBC's on the Cimex. scrubbed it in for a few seconds, let dwell for a few minutes, then went over it with my Challenger OP's T&G Yellow Brush. then extracted the slurry into cotton pads with my Challenger. looked great and the client was very happy. we've had this client now for 8 years and maintain their carpet every quarter.

i should bring up the T&G again soon. i would have to look into a better alternative for cleaning solution lol, idk what i was thinking using an Encap on it o_O