BZ-105LX Breeze or Air hog/ Water hog combo | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BZ-105LX Breeze or Air hog/ Water hog combo

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
I posted not long ago looking for a new light weight portable set up. Narrowed it down to these 2 machines.. bz105lx breeze vs. air hog/water hog.
Being in aus, I can't get my hands on either one to demo or know anyone in my industry that has either. Looks like i'm making a decision without testing either set ups.
Cons I see of the air hog/ water hog combo.. minimum of 400psi, 3 cords
Cons I see of 105lx breeze: 500 max psi, though I know there's other ways to clean t&g
Pro of the breeze would be adding the mytee turbo for heat wouldn't seem like a hassle if needed
Adding it to the air hog/water hog might be too messy of a set up

anyone have any thoughts or pros and cons about this you'd like to add?
any suggestions welcome as i'm going in blind :ROFLMAO:

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
isn't that only up to 120psi? also 4 gallon tank wouldn't be ideal for regular cc.. would be filling and dumping every 2 seconds cleaning carpets..

upholstery and detailing it would be good though

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I posted not long ago looking for a new light weight portable set up. Narrowed it down to these 2 machines.. bz105lx breeze vs. air hog/water hog.
Being in aus, I can't get my hands on either one to demo or know anyone in my industry that has either. Looks like i'm making a decision without testing either set ups.
Cons I see of the air hog/ water hog combo.. minimum of 400psi, 3 cords
Cons I see of 105lx breeze: 500 max psi, though I know there's other ways to clean t&g
Pro of the breeze would be adding the mytee turbo for heat wouldn't seem like a hassle if needed
Adding it to the air hog/water hog might be too messy of a set up

anyone have any thoughts or pros and cons about this you'd like to add?
any suggestions welcome as i'm going in blind :ROFLMAO:
Intersting, I have the water hog and the PSI gauge goes below 400psi and I do believe you can run it below 400 psi. I assume in doing so its actually coming out at a lower pressure..

Reactions: finessec

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
oh I see, seems ideal but still 53kg. I'm a small female so i don't think carrying 53kg up stairs is going to be possible everyday

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
You shouldn't have to carry it upstairs, unless its an apartment with no elevators.
unfortunately that's the market i'm in at the moment - Real estate so i'd confidently say 70% of my jobs have been apartments with stairs and no lift

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
any advice on the two machines posted? see any pros or cons about either i haven't pointed out? have any opinions on the difference of perfomance?

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
any advice on the two machines posted? see any pros or cons about either i haven't pointed out? have any opinions on the difference of perfomance?
I own an older generation dual vac air hog with a water otter. It would be a horrible choice for apartments. The wheels are too small, it's top heavy and would take too many trips up and down the steps.
You also don't need the dual LX motors, (They kick ass but you won't need more than 75 feet of hose) Weight is always an issue but so are amps required. Do you want to do tile and grout? The machines that are capable of grout cleaning with a spinner are heavy as hell.
I don't do any apartments, my setup is for residential and it's mounted on the porch. Unlike most porty machines I can push a spinner at 650 psi and I have dual vacs. I get solid performance out to 100 feet. I can do all of that with just two 15 amp circuits no buckets required.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It is a tough one. If you go with air/water hog combo it would be light enough for you to carry and that is the pro, but the con is lots of trip back and forth from the van to the unit unless if you have a helper. In your case I would go with the air/water hog option. The second option is the single machine bz105lx and this machine probably weighs about 90 plus lbs, this machine will be tough to carry from stairs unless if you have a helper with you all the time, and you will still need to do multiple trips because of stairs. The only pro that I see on bz105lx is that it will be one unit and easy to set it up.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I know I'm Mr Vortex lite
But for the Canadian guys I'm actually recommending them going.
If you're planning on doing tile you have to have the air hog water hog.
But if you're not the 500 PSI breeze machine is a great option.

Also the air hog water hog can be used on just two outlets if the pressure is turned down on low enoughhowever in Canada it's kind of rough you don't have many 20 amp breakers

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I know I'm Mr Vortex lite
But for the Canadian guys I'm actually recommending them going.
If you're planning on doing tile you have to have the air hog water hog.
But if you're not the 500 PSI breeze machine is a great option.

Also the air hog water hog can be used on just two outlets if the pressure is turned down on low enoughhowever in Canada it's kind of rough you don't have many 20 amp breakers
Depends where you live timme, all new development areas have them, 80% of my customers that I Service have the 20amp outlets. The older part of the city won't have them and I barely Service that part of the city.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Depends where you live timme, all new development areas have them, 80% of my customers that I Service have the 20amp outlets. The older part of the city won't have them and I barely Service that part of the city.
Thank you so much for the information!!!
So let us know what you recommend seeing how you're from cananastan lol