FB - Can you ID this antique rug? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FB Can you ID this antique rug?

J

Joe Roberts

needs repairs too. inspect the hell out of it and offer more services to the client to revive it.

D

Daniel Provorse

No idea how to identify a rug. What do you look for? design paterns? TAGS!!! I bet a good tag cold help me out here.

C

Chris Howell

It's not an antique. It's machine made. Very low-quality

C

Chris Howell

Yes, even machine made rugs can bleed. That's because the colors are saturated. There are loose dye crystals sitting on the outside of the fibers.

R

Robert Allen

250 to clean with no urine good? Low moisture cleaning? Dyloc?

C

Chris Howell

That price is fine. Be sure to use an acid in your cleaning solution. It will help to set the dyes so that you don't have any additional bleeding. Be careful not to get the rug too wet. I would suggest a spray and extract. Be sure to extract thoroughly and dry it with blowers.

R

Robert Allen

Joe Roberts is this rug a good candidate for encapsulation?

J

Joe Roberts

I would take into consideration what YOU are comfortable doing. Offer the client a few options based on that. If you feel that you cannot get it to an acceptable level, send it out to someone that you are comfortable with. Personally, I would just wash it(on our wash floor).

J

Joe Roberts

Every rug shop should have multiple options for handling all types of textiles. Full submersion, low-moisture/encapsulation, dry absorbent compounds, dry cleaning, etc. It takes a lot of rugs and clients with differing expectations and pocketbooks to really know how and when to offer which service. Stick to what you know until you master many methods. Rugs are so diverse, you should be too!

R

Robert Hughes

Im not an expert on these, but I remember reading that the old machines had 3' looms, so these would be made in sections and sewn together. This is why carpets have been priced the square yard. Although these have very little resale value, they can have a lot of sentimental value from being handed down from the gradmother.