CAT Pumps 1XP are not realiable in the long term | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CAT Pumps 1XP are not realiable in the long term

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
These CAT 1XP pumps came on the scene in 2012.
I can see why these pumps aren't widely adopted in the carpet cleaning industry besides Mytee using them on there portables

There aren't reliable due to the fact that there not rebuildable. CAT does sell seals, gaskets etc but the amount of time needed to diagnose you may need a workshop to pressure test every step you take. Its very time consuming and that's if you able to properly rebuild one.

But most of us don't go through the rigorous process of rebuilding these 1XP's, We're buying new pump heads instead for $400 each. That's also why there's not much info out there on how to rebuild these pumps

I have (3) 1XP pump heads lying around. frustration grew to the point that I contacted CAT and sent in (2) of my pump heads directly to them through my local distributor. CAT responded with "These pumps are older generation that I need to buy new 1XP pumps" I understand the fundamentals it takes to diagnose pumps whether low pressure is caused by trapped debris, leakage or mechanical failure. Im really good at rebuilding pump heads

But I've decided to eventually retrofit all my Mytee extractors back to the industry standard and more reliable Pumptec 207v once these 1XP pump fail due to low pressure. Mytee extractors are Awesome. I have (2) 1003DX and (2) LTD5's. One of my 1003DX is retrofitted already with a pumptec 207v

Pumptec 207v >>> CAT 1XP

Last edited:

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
how many hours are you getting out of a pump? Did you let them freeze? how many times have you run them dry?

Reactions: Ymetimme

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
my first LTD5 got about 400hrs b4 I replaced the whole 1XP CAT pump and motor. My second LTD5 is at 345hrs and running strong.

The biggest problem is rebuilding the 1XP pump head. Though they have repair kits, these pump heads weren't designed with rebuilding in mind

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
my first LTD5 got about 400hrs, how many dollars did you make with that pump in that time? at an avg 100 dollars an hour, you made 40K with that pump

Reactions: Ymetimme

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
all pumps should have a bypass and offloader
or they will burn up .....

If this pump is not bypassed into a water tank that is a major problem??????

TM pumps can run dry for hours as they are bypassed into a water box.....

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
These CAT 1XP pumps came on the scene in 2012.
I can see why these pumps aren't widely adopted in the carpet cleaning industry besides Mytee using them on there portables

There aren't reliable due to the fact that there not rebuildable. CAT does sell seals, gaskets etc but the amount of time needed to diagnose you may need a workshop to pressure test every step you take. Its very time consuming and that's if you able to properly rebuild one.

But most of us don't go through the rigorous process of rebuilding these 1XP's, We're buying new pump heads instead for $400 each. That's also why there's not much info out there on how to rebuild these pumps

I have (3) 1XP pump heads lying around. frustration grew to the point that I contacted CAT and sent in (2) of my pump heads directly to them through my local distributor. CAT responded with "These pumps are older generation that I need to buy new 1XP pumps" I understand the fundamentals it takes to diagnose pumps whether low pressure is caused by trapped debris, leakage or mechanical failure. Im really good at rebuilding pump heads

But I've decided to eventually retrofit all my Mytee extractors back to the industry standard and more reliable Pumptec 207v once these 1XP pump fail due to low pressure. Mytee extractors are Awesome. I have (2) 1003DX and (2) LTD5's. One of my 1003DX is retrofitted already with a pumptec 207v

Pumptec 207v >>> CAT 1XP
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your cat 1xp
I've had very little issues with them in any extractor that had one
I've had very little issues with pumptec 207 as well

I know you can get seals for the CAT pump as well as the pumptec 207.

Just do a little bit more digging you'll find the parts you need

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
All users just purchase a new CAT 1xp from my understanding. I just want to know is there anyone out there that has SUCESSFULLY rebuilt there existing CAT 1XP pumphead?

Successfully meaning you got the 400hrs off the pumphead. you purchased seal kit and replaced all seal and continued to run this existing pumphead

if you've done this, where are you