Chemical mix won't prime | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Chemical mix won't prime

Johnaplcleaning

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
john lambrakis
I have a backup blazer I bought used . It is a low hour unit and I was able to prime and use until yesterday. It will not prime. I have stuck the hoses in my vacuum line. I am at a loss. please advise

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
pressure regulator or unloader valve?

have you checked your rinse intake hose for any obstruction?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Does it have the stainless steel chemical pump attached to the pressure pump? If it does it may need a new diaphragm

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
The unloader/regulator valve is used to adjust the pressure, should be somewhere in front.

with the machine off open a bypass or 1/4 shut off valve.
use some wrenches and loosen the large hex on the side of the pressure pump. Check the diaphragm if its blow then bingo!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I have a backup blazer I bought used . It is a low hour unit and I was able to prime and use until yesterday. It will not prime. I have stuck the hoses in my vacuum line. I am at a loss. please advise
Sometimes we have to look for a simple solution. This morning, I didn't have any pressure building at the wand. I was puzzled by it, then I realized that pressure line coming from LG heater got somehow disconnected. Did you checked sinker ( filter at the end of the hose, located on the bottom of the rinse mix container. It should have a check valve preventing backflow. There is a spring and glass ball, check for debris, preventing check valve doing its job.
When priming, was metering valve fully open? Did you see air bubbles inside? Did you ran out of the water from holding tank( hot box)
If it's already fix, please tell us how you fixed it, so we can learn together.
Thanks

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
the hose is clear. dumb question, where is the unloader valve? thanks
Unloaders is a type of pressure regulator, it's fairly common on newer units. It takes split of the second to get your pressure built, since unloaders waits for you to depress the trigger on your wand. It suppose to save pressure pump system, it rests, when wand is not being keyed. I hope this helps to clear the confusion. It took me a while to get used to it. If regutor is older, you should carefully disassemble it, inspect the spring and the
( bullet ), especially o-ring . It should be treated with a plumbers grade grease to prevent forming cracks in the rubber.( just apply very thin layer with your finger)

Justin Legend Brands

Expert Truckmount Mechanic
May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
Feel free to give me a call.
My cell is 253-651-3468
You can also call 800-932-3030 and ask for tech support.

Reactions: Johnaplcleaning

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Don't concern yourself with the pressure regulator. It has nothing to do with the chemical not priming. I would inspect the diaphragm as others have suggested. If the diaphragm looks good you may have a faulty chemical selector valve.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Don't concern yourself with the pressure regulator. It has nothing to do with the chemical not priming. I would inspect the diaphragm as others have suggested. If the diaphragm looks good you may have a faulty chemical selector valve.
Even though pressure regulator has nothing to do with priming issue, it may be relevant if said cleaner is able to pinpoint physical location of any part on his unit and become familiar with its functions.
On the other hand, if container with a rinse solution is empty, unit is sucking air when Dwyer is open and unit will not produce pressure. I guess we won't know, because that would require an answer from@johnaplcleaning ...

Johnaplcleaning

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
john lambrakis
Mea Culpa, friends, I forgot to post an update and I am sorry. After calling customer service from Prochem, I turned down my pressure regulator down to 150 psi. I then opened up the temperature valve to the lowest heat setting. This was to purge the system of air. Then I placed the chemical intake line from my 5 gallon container into the vacuum intake. It then primed.

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Mea Culpa, friends, I forgot to post an update and I am sorry. After calling customer service from Prochem, I turned down my pressure regulator down to 150 psi. I then opened up the temperature valve to the lowest heat setting. This was to purge the system of air. Then I placed the chemical intake line from my 5 gallon container into the vacuum intake. It then primed.
If you had to purge air from the system that means the whole system was not prime and you failed to mention that.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Good for you. Now , go out there and make a lot of green...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Seems to me if someone calibrated it downstream simple injection would be superior.

Johnaplcleaning

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
john lambrakis
If you had to purge air from the system that means the whole system was not prime and you failed to mention that.
So, I did it again, like the song. I have air in the system again, and now I can not get it to prime again. Any suggestions? I have opened my temperature valve, lowered the psi, and placed the intake hose into my vacuum. I am not getting a prime again.

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
So, I did it again, like the song. I have air in the system again, and now I can not get it to prime again. Any suggestions? I have opened my temperature valve, lowered the psi, and placed the intake hose into my vacuum. I am not getting a prime again.
The intake hose is the line that has the mushroom filter on it. That is not the hose that you are suppose to place in the vacuum port. You need to place the purge hose in the vacuum port. I suspect that this will only work temporarily for you. You have an air leak that you need to find and repair. Most often air leaks in the chemical pumping system derive from loose worm drive clamps behind the visi-float. Or the fittings on the visi-float have cracked or need to be replaced. Usually an inspection will reveal what I call cauliflowering from dried up soap. Soap leaks out at the point where the leak is and it builds up creating a cauliflower effect. In any event you need to inspect and find possible leaks. Let me know if I help you further. Maybe I can help over the phone.

Johnaplcleaning

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
john lambrakis
I should have said I put the purge hose in. this unit only get used once or twice a month as it is an extra one. I agree I need to check for an air leak and thank you so much for your input. I will inspect the hoses for the cauliflower before I do anything else