Definitive Cleaning Uses/Dangers for Tile Master? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Definitive Cleaning Uses/Dangers for Tile Master?

All About Cleaning

Mar 6, 2015
Menifee, CA
www.WeAreAllAboutCleaning.com
Real Name
Tim Smith
I tried searching the forums for awhile for the info I need, because I'm sure this discussion has already been had many times, but I didn't have much luck...

I was recently introduced to the effectiveness of Tile Master, not only for tile floors, but also as an extremely effective pre-spray for rat nasty carpet.

However, can anyone tell me which kinds of carpets it will damage? Seems to work great for industrial carpets, but I hesitate to give it the green-light for across the board residential carpet cleaning.

Some folks on TMF have complained that Tile Master leaves a haze on tile floors, which many others have said is only because not enough water volume was used when rinsing (I agree), but that issue makes me wonder if it is dangerous to use on carpet. Compared to tile, the rinse factor for carpet extraction is very low, which means that some Tile Master residue is undoubtedly left in the carpet...is there a danger of discoloration occurring several hours or days after the carpet cleaning is complete?

I would hate to transform a nasty carpet, only to get a call back in a couple days because the Tile Master residue caused problems...if a carpet passes a color-fastness test in an inconspicuous area initially, can I be confident that Tile Master won't have any long-term ill-effects?

Maybe we can get a list started of all the surface types that TMF folks have effectively cleaned with Tile Master...
I read about 1 guy who said he used it on a wood floor to remove scuff marks (makes me nervous)...another person said they used it successfully on concrete (I doubt it it is strong enough, but this I can easily test myself)...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Tilemaster works great for tile & grout and on concrete too. When used on carpet I generally only add 1 or 2 scoops as a booster to my carpet prespray so I'm not putting it down on carpet at the same strength as I would on tile. On polyester carpet you can use it full strength and it works really good. Tilemaster is high pH so you will not want to use it on 5th generation nylon carpet that is still under warranty.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Hawkins

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't use it often on carpet and rarely even feel the need. I feel perfectly safe using it on olefin and have used it on some problematic polyesters. If anyone uses it on nylon I would be scratching my head as to why. I will never put it on nylon, period. There just is no reason on earth I can think of to use it on nylon. I've only used it on carpet a relatively few times and it was on some stuff that was really problematic. I have no idea what is in Tile or Grout Master, but it doesn't seem to be particularly hard to rinse and as far as I can tell there was no residue problem. I haven't had any problem at all using it on tile and grout.

Reactions: Hawkins

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
I to have had no issues rinsing tile master out of Carpet (using only 1 to 2 scoops) or have had any call backs because of it. However, like @wandwizard and @Todd the Cleaner said it should not be used on nylon because of the high pH that it produces. Unless the customer just doesn't care and your trying to get that nylon clean for whatever reason.

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
You may be aware of this already but you also don't want to use it on God maid fibers... Cotton, silk, wool, etc...

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Never had a problem with it on carpet, and I have cleaned plenty of rat nasties with it.

Last edited:

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I will add to rinsing enough on tiles . Rinsing on time. Meaning don't let any dry which is easy to do on uneven tiles with high spots. Respray to keep wet till rinsing takes place. Hot solution hoses can dry it as well.
If your using on trashed carpets you would never have warranty issue for sure. I snap a pic of every nasty before. Just in case there is ever a question of the condition before I clean. digital camera on phones are priceless. I actually take pic of any abnormality I see every time. Point is, if its trashed you either have to nuke it or scrub and rinse it. or both , and sometimes more than once.
If you don't care for the smell. Try some Groutmaster next.