Dirt Dragon | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Dirt Dragon

RFS

Premium VIP
Sep 15, 2014
Real Name
Rich Reagan
Good morning TMF,

I am thinking about purchasing a Dirt Dragon. Any feedback from members who have used one or currently own one would be appreciated. I am particularly interested in the overall cleaning effectiveness and durability. I plan to use the machine with IFT and Squeaky most of the time.

Thank you!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Feedback I get here is that the machine works great, but is very fiddly and "fragile" on the bottom. Many of the parts are plastic and if you don't hike up the sled and keep it protected during movement, it gets shredded. I've noticed this with the unit myself - I have had one as a rental, and it was so badly damaged by how the guys treated it that I have since stopped renting it. It's too expensive to keep repairing.

For an O/O who is going to handle the machine carefully, it's great. But I wouldn't buy one and put it in the hands of a tech.

Reactions: RFS

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
I have had one for 6 years the plastic brakes easy, cant put anything on top of in the van. You can use your TM for hardwood low pressure and a 4 jet Geko type wand. Here is where i like it on gym floors or any wide open wood floor. I dont want to be pushing a wand on these i like walking behind the dirt dragon better! Hope this helps

Reactions: Mama Fen

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Reactions: RFS

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Feedback I get here is that the machine works great, but is very fiddly and "fragile" on the bottom. Many of the parts are plastic and if you don't hike up the sled and keep it protected during movement, it gets shredded. I've noticed this with the unit myself - I have had one as a rental, and it was so badly damaged by how the guys treated it that I have since stopped renting it. It's too expensive to keep repairing.

For an O/O who is going to handle the machine carefully, it's great. But I wouldn't buy one and put it in the hands of a tech.
All that is true, but with a little effort you can get sturdier wheels, cabinetry comes to a mind. It's metal- rubber (non marking) combo , easy replacement.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I had three Dirt Dragons - what everyone said above is true. Very finnicky, also the solution pump valve never worked great, always put too much or too little down.

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Another thing is you reallly have to buy 2 solution tanks one for IFT and one for squeeky. It makes it so much easier. Dont buy the solution sprayer mine broke right away.

RFS

Premium VIP
Sep 15, 2014
Real Name
Rich Reagan
I greatly appreciate the feedback! Has anyone used the Lindhaus LW46 Hybrid Scott referenced? I had the LW30 at one point and wasn't satisfied with the results or look. It looked like something a homeowner would purchase.

greg2206

Oct 3, 2011
SC
Real Name
Greg Broome
Business Location
United States
I have one and everything that has been said is true. Please don't waste your $ on this poorly designed machines. I am careful and I take extreme care of my equipment. The plastic is horrible and the locking mechanism for the folding handle will release and smash your hand or pinch your finger I modified mine with a welded bolt and wrench. The pump was replaced as well, too much more but follow Scotts advice on another brand

Reactions: Scott W

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Good morning TMF,

I am thinking about purchasing a Dirt Dragon. Any feedback from members who have used one or currently own one would be appreciated. I am particularly interested in the overall cleaning effectiveness and durability. I plan to use the machine with IFT and Squeaky most of the time.

Thank you!

Which machine did you end up getting?