Do glides lower suction?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Is it possible to get a universal lip glide? Something that you can cut to fit?
Not that Im aware but if you need a glide Tmf is the only way to go... Save 50 bucks or more vs green glides....Robs lip glides are only around 30 bucks.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
S
Not that Im aware but if you need a glide Tmf is the only way to go... Save 50 bucks or more vs green glides....Robs lip glides are only around 30 bucks.
So it should fit my wand then? Or is it specifically for certain wands?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
S

So it should fit my wand then? Or is it specifically for certain wands?
Dont know boss there is no such thing as a universal glide so I doubt it...have to talk with Rob...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Lip glides are best suited for "cast" head wands. However it does work on a few misc wands.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
What are you a hobbit? Dude im barely 5'8 and i ran a bentley xl no problem...so wheres the Devpro now? Sell it to me?
I'm with you on this one. I don't understand how the Devpro is to long for him. I am 5'8" and it is fine for me. I'm picturing Omar with a build like a Trex with little short arms.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I just put the Mytee Handle on my Devpro. I really like it. Omar, I was thinking about you and your height issue with the Devpro. I think you might be using it wrong. I have found that it has the best suction the lower you put the handle to the floor. It makes the best seal at an angle of about 40° to 45°. How high are you holding the tail of the wand? Maybe you would be better off cleaning with a stair wand.

Reactions: Nutech

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I just put the Mytee Handle on my Devpro. I really like it. Omar, I was thinking about you and your height issue with the Devpro. I think you might be using it wrong. I have found that it has the best suction the lower you put the handle to the floor. It makes the best seal at an angle of about 40° to 45°. How high are you holding the tail of the wand? Maybe you would be better off cleaning with a stair wand.

I used it correctly. My sweet spot is 59-60 inch.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez

I held it at the right angle, that devpro has the best suction out of all the wands ive tried, no doubt about that.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I held it at the right angle, that devpro has the best suction out of all the wands ive tried, no doubt about that.
Well ok. We are all a little different. I like doughnuts. Others like health food.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1439051582.630297.jpg

Reactions: Omar

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Thats not gonna work dude... not at all...mail me the lip glide if you cant use it? :) you need at least 1/4 gap..
Grr.. just measured with the calipers and my stupid cheap wand only has a 1/8 inch gap, guess I am stuck pushing metal on carpet for a while. At least this gives me an excuse to buy a new wand though and get a real 2" one. Been a little spendy lately so it will have to wait though. I think I will hold onto this glide in case I need it John, seems Rob has you hooked up anyhow.

Reactions: john gerding

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Grr.. just measured with the calipers and my stupid cheap wand only has a 1/8 inch gap, guess I am stuck pushing metal on carpet for a while. At least this gives me an excuse to buy a new wand though and get a real 2" one. Been a little spendy lately so it will have to wait though. I think I will hold onto this glide in case I need it John, seems Rob has you hooked up anyhow.
Yep i did the same thing before bought a lip glide and the gap was too thin...

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
I just did what I should have done in the first place and checked my wand model number, its an EDIC 1034ACH.
@Rob Allen do you sell a slotted glide for that one?
Is it worth it for this wand or just get a new wand?

chubby

Apr 26, 2013
Can you tell Chubby likes Green Glides?

Just spoke to Lisa Smith over in Sun City and I've got to say, she's one of the sweetest ladies of our industry!

We've tried other Teflon glides and Green Glides originals trump them all!

The longest lasting glides on the planet!
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1442958973.177627.jpg

Call Lisa now and order yours today !

+1 (630) 696-2134

Reactions: CCWorks