Do not buy from Duane Oxley ( accelerated chemical technology | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Do not buy from Duane Oxley ( accelerated chemical technology

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I wish more would speak up about negative experiences with manufacturers. I know people on this forum that have had nightmares with products, and never say a word. I'd much rather save someone else the headaches and let them know. That's just me though.

August 23, 2014 I PayPal'd $1,106.25 for a powered hose reel. As of today, still no hose reel. I've been pretty cool about it. Have been given excuses as to why it's not here. But it's supposed to have been shipped a few days ago. We shall see.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
August 23, 2014 I PayPal'd $1,106.25 for a powered hose reel. As of today, still no hose reel. I've been pretty cool about it. Have been given excuses as to why it's not here. But it's supposed to have been shipped a few days ago. We shall see.
From the same Clown Johnny?

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Thanks guys for speaking up here and letting me Rant !! Trust me I don't like posting all the negative about this person and his company but picture this ! Like most of you I was very excited about getting my new TM. So what did I do, told everyone that would listen that I was finally able to afford a new TM. And how I would be able to do a quality job on all my costumers carpets . Then when he told me it was on its way ( which it wasn't ) I started to take on very large carpet accounts and had sign contracts to clean a ton of carpets just one example 3 funeral homes over 12,000 sf. They went with someone else they couldn't wait any longer ! now that company does it once every two months what a loss for my business not to mention the embarrassment !!
Here is a situation where shame on the both of you YOU for booking work you had no way of completing(booking that much work with out a machine is just a tad ballsy and dangerous) and him for being a weasel. The internet can be a wonderful thing when it comes to shining the light on whats under the rock.I have a list of people I'll never do business with just from reading about them here. Remember you never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Manufacturing has a huge cost of doing business when it comes to inventory. Often time they will use "float" money to cash flow themselves, gambling to a certain extent that the current volume of business will continue and preferably grow. The danger is any lull in business can put a huge strain on the business and if it continues can bankrupt the business very quickly.

It's alot like the RV business. If we don't sell X number of Rv's every month we can go down pretty quickly if it continues for an extended period of time. When I ran the Phoenix BRV dealership our monthly nut was 1.25 million. The smart thing is to build as much cash reserves as you can to weather any down turns. A huge warning sign for anyone should be if they require 100% of your money up front to build your machine. This tells you two things...one, they don't have the funds to even build it at their cost, and two they need the profits from your sale to cash flow other areas of their business as well.

Really the only time you should have to put up any significant amount of money would be if you were ordering a customer machine that was out of their normal build scope.

If the manufacturer doesn't have enough money to have any current inventory in stock, and/or has to use your "float" money to even proceed with your purchase that's a major red flag to stay away.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Here's a great example we used to order custom made motorhomes that were up to $750,000 with a $10K deposit and these guys need your $13K to build a machine that costs them half that to build?

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I put down $9100.00 and it took around 45 days. He requested the other $9100.00 and said it was ready and he was going to ship it the next day. I didn't get for another three weeks. It took that long for it to go through PayPal I guess. It is a good thing I got my money back because I would of been one pissed off 6'6 dude and I don't think he would of liked being body slammed at 7'8 if I could of got him lifted over my head with my arms fully extended. Some people get killed falling six foot :D.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
He does know martial arts and has a lot of training for it. That is what he told me anyways. He may be able to kick my butt :D.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
I wish more would speak up about negative experiences with manufacturers. I know people on this forum that have had nightmares with products, and never say a word. I'd much rather save someone else the headaches and let them know. That's just me though.
Early on the forums seemed to be a voice for people that had bad experiences with a manufacture of cleaning equipment & products. Then the reality of $$ set in. How much it cost to maintain a forum and the need for advertising money.

So "free speech" ain't really free after all.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I've been on these CC BB's for many years. I've seen it on every board. The guys who tell the truth are treated as if they're lying, and/or have an agenda. It's the guys who only have rosy reviews, no matter the reality, that everybody loves.

But, those guys really bring little to the table. They're like Joel Osteen.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I've been on these CC BB's for many years. I've seen it on every board. The guys who tell the truth are treated as if they're lying, and/or have an agenda. It's the guys who only have rosy reviews, no matter the reality, that everybody loves.

But, those guys really bring little to the table. They're like Joel Osteen.
Soo True Admiral..Once the Advertisers come on board..It's Lights Out For Honesty!

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
The persona of a carpet cleaner is cowboy, anti-establishment, independent so they are open to the story of the lone wolf manufacturer.

Not me, give me THE establishment with a warehouse full of inventory and staff of tech support. With my livelyhood on the line I'm not playing silly games to save a penny.

Reactions: aloha one

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
The persona of a carpet cleaner is cowboy, anti-establishment, independent so they are open to the story of the lone wolf manufacturer.

Not me, give me THE establishment with a warehouse full of inventory and staff of tech support. With my livelyhood on the line I'm not playing silly games to save a penny.
Shane who/what would you consider a lone wolf manufacturer

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I would call them innovators, entrepreneurs. Lone wolf, anti-establishment, independent...could be perceived as good traits...as well as bad traits too. Trick is to see the red flags and know when to walk away.

I think the good advice was already shared here about not plunking down your cash before the delivery of your truck mount. Seems safe and reasonable to me.