Do you trust other cleaners? - The value of a strategic partnership.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you trust another cleaner with one of your customers?

• Total voters
Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I think it's great having that kind of relationship with other cleaners.
I was going door to door today and met a cleaner who said he was the best. After showing my experience I accepted me as a fellow pro and since he's outta work I might be able to give him some work.

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
I do a work trade program with another cleaner . I pass him area rug calls and he gives me apartments . I think he has the better end of the deal . I did the garage rug pit cleaning and it was a disaster . So pass it on .

Ggfdjg

Nov 4, 2015
Real Name
Joe smith
Once in a while we'll be too busy and a customer will want us to refer a company but they usually call me back and make an appointment for a later date.

Truk

Apr 23, 2015
Real Name
Kurt Jensen
LOL!

And then there is a local guy.

I reached out to him, called him and said hey let's meet up.

He responded by putting out signs on every corner of my sub division.

I saw him one day driving by my street and looking at my house.

Saw him at a suppliers BBQ with his son.

I had my son with me too.

Never a word said to me.

Went on a few estimates local and he always low balled the bid to get it from me.

I just shake my head of such a loser mentality.

And I too wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire either.
What a Jerk! He probably bad mouths other cleaners and people have caught on that he is a jerk. now he can't keep a client and is using every tactic known to steal others clients.

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
Work with a local company here which is much larger. They have sent a few jobs my way and have called me for assistance for hard surface. It is nice to know that there are people who you can work with and respect in a manner that is good for both. Wish the handshake rule would work in todays society more often.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We now are cleaning rugs for other carpet cleaners splitting profits with them

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
Rob how did you set that up ? They drop off to you then they pick up deliver. Who handles the liability ?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob how did you set that up ? They drop off to you then they pick up deliver. Who handles the liability ?
Yep drop and carry. I don't accept no responsibility

Aug 18, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Tobian
I have two truckmounts and no employees and I work with other carpet cleaners all the time and when I have a big flood job to do , that is bigger than I can do my self I just call for help. On a big commercial job I park one truck at one end of the building and another truck at the other end and we run two wands off each truck . Running 4 wands and two hose pullers we can clean 33,000 sq. ft. in 8 hours. I have family help on my jobs

Jul 18, 2015
Real Name
Abe
It's great to have some kind of interaction with another cleaner. In a time of need they can pull thru. Most other cleaners in my area give me the Stink eye not too friendly

Dec 28, 2015
Real Name
Paul Bolton
Over the years I have found several cleaners that I trust. But on the other hand I have met ones I wouldn't trust with a dollar. I can see someones true colors when I see how they treat their customers. If they lie and cheat them they will do it to you. If they BS( bait & switch) the customer their work ethics are below a trusting standard and I will not work with them.

Mar 21, 2016
Real Name
Henry Nelson
I trust him but if he ever betrayed the trust by trying to steal my customers I would shrug it off and move on and he would be out of a couple grand a month.

Dec 30, 2011
CT
www.envirocleanservicesct.com
Real Name
Mike
Business Location
United States
I am friends with a master in this business, he has pretty much taught me everything I know and apply in my own business. I occasionally help him out on his truck and love learning more each time. over the past year hes need a Hip replacement and needed my help more. I have recently learned he will be going into surgery next week and asked fro me to handle client of his. I have only done this once or twice before and it worked out pretty well. he want to split the invoice 50/50 is that fair? anyone have any suggestions

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
LOL!

And then there is a local guy.

I reached out to him, called him and said hey let's meet up.

He responded by putting out signs on every corner of my sub division.

I saw him one day driving by my street and looking at my house.

Saw him at a suppliers BBQ with his son.

I had my son with me too.

Never a word said to me.

Went on a few estimates local and he always low balled the bid to get it from me.

I just shake my head of such a loser mentality.

And I too wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire either.
Anyone that can make comment that they wouldn't piss on another carpet cleaner on fire is what kind of mentality then? How does prespray make so many so mad?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I am friends with a master in this business, he has pretty much taught me everything I know and apply in my own business. I occasionally help him out on his truck and love learning more each time. over the past year hes need a Hip replacement and needed my help more. I have recently learned he will be going into surgery next week and asked fro me to handle client of his. I have only done this once or twice before and it worked out pretty well. he want to split the invoice 50/50 is that fair? anyone have any suggestions
Depends. If he is bad off financially and you are doing well why not give him more? if he is well off and you are still growing financially then its good.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Depends. If he is bad off financially and you are doing well why not give him more? if he is well off and you are still growing financially then its good.
Who is getting paid by the customer?

If the customer pays the other guy and he pays you, 50/50 is cool I think.

If you are getting paid and giving him a cut, it needs to be negotiated to cover your costs associated with that money coming through your business. (Workers comp mostly I think)

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
No, 50/50 is not a good split when you are there doing all the everything. I would go 70/30 unless your charging his clients more. Each cleaner/company charges differently.

Do you need the work? Do you need the money? Does he need the money?

Yep, I think 70/30 is fair. You getting 70%.