Does any one do Cash only?

Aug 7, 2014
Real Name
Derrick Cavey
I have had some experience in my other business when people don't pay, or the check bounces. So I have made a cash only policy in my other business. Is that Kosher?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I use to be cash or money order only but the Square makes it so easy to accept credit/debit cards that there really isnt any reason not to sign up and start taking card payments. You will find that more customers will have extra work done once they know they are not limited to the cash they have on hand.

Reactions: cwill and Gavin

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Only with "Flakes" and can't remember the last time I had one of those.
On moveouts the odd time.
Very happy to take a cheque, or credit card .
I have a high percentage of repeats and like to think I cater to the higher end cleaning so asking for cash only wouldn't be cool IMO.
New custy's no prob , cash not necessary.
Can count on one hand the amount of NSF's I got back in 22 years of business.
Only one I couldn't collect on, and that was my first year in business and he was a FLAKE. My own fault for taking a cheque from that twit

Reactions: Gavin

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
If you are in a VERY small town, with everyone knowing you...that would work. In the normal and big cities...cash only will not work

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
i don't accept cash at all. period. if i get a check i do a mobile deposit as soon as i hit the car. i prefer credit cards. will NOT accept cash.

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
i don't accept cash at all. period. if i get a check i do a mobile deposit as soon as i hit the car. i prefer credit cards. will NOT accept cash.
Why

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Been to too many calls as a cop where service provider got paid in cash then got robbed around the corner, not a coincidence. So no, i don't set myself up to be robbed. You cheat me fine. I'll put you in jail for theft of services, don't set yourself up to get robbed

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Been to too many calls as a cop where service provider got paid in cash then got robbed around the corner, not a coincidence. So no, i don't set myself up to be robbed. You cheat me fine. I'll put you in jail for theft of services, don't set yourself up to get robbed
I like your post but feel it depends on the area you live in. Just saying.

jbc71

Jun 21, 2013
Real Name
jeffrey charles
Nine years only had a handful of bad checks all but one made it right. Generally I think if they don't have the funds they're not worried about clean carpet.

Gavin

Jan 21, 2011
WA
Real Name
Gavin Green
Business Location
United States
I saw a van from a larger city that said "driver caries no cash" not needed in my town, yet. sad that that is the case in many cities.

cash can present a problem for employees too. checks and cards are great, but lets be honest, I'll take whatever form of payment offered, I've been paid in everything from eye exams, to cookies.

"most" people here would be very hesitant on writing a bad check to someone who is doing work in their home, just say'n... we know where they live.

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
check or cash only, no cc. in 34 years in buss, never had a bad check. not even one time. like you said I known were they live. LOL