Does any one do Cash only?

Azguy

Apr 10, 2015
Peoria AZ
Real Name
pat bullock
Business Location
United States
Is there a debit card fee to use Square and if so do you guys pay that fee out of pocket or add that fee to your customers bill?

Nutech

Nov 25, 2014
Real Name
Kirk walters
Square charges 2.75% for swipes and 3.0% for punch in.
Is there a debit card fee to use Square and if so do you guys pay that fee out of pocket or add that fee to your customers bill?
quare

Mark Napier

Sep 29, 2014
Chattanooga TN
Real Name
Mark Napier
Business Location
United States
If it's a small job I don't worry about it. I had a $600 residential and I told her I would have to add a credit card fee and she was cool with it.

Reactions: Sandee Allen
Apr 27, 2015
Real Name
Dan Doychev
As everybody say cash only is not convenient for the customers and is limiting then on how much they want to spend. Had a problem just 2 times with checks form 500 at least and at the end i still got my money. The only problem with square is if they depute their charge you can forget about it. I heard that they are getting better at that.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
There is a fee with pretty much all credit card processing companies. We don't tack on any fee to the invoice. That annoys me when businesses do that to me.

Reactions: Nutech

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
I had a lady give me 50 free movie passes as payment a few weeks back. I'll take that every day!

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Throw in the 100 yr old Winchester and 40 bucks and we have a deal .

Sandee Allen

Jul 12, 2008
Virginia Beach
Tiffany, I understand how you feel about adding on credit card fees. I too, used to feel the same way, until certain companies starting charging me a 3% credit card fee when I use my card. I was so annoyed for a long time. :mad:
A good while back I received a house property tax bill that is always due each year and noticed that if I wanted to call in a payment I would have to pay a convenience surcharge. It got me thinking, other companies do charge this fee.
Then I sat down and thought if the customer pays with a credit card, that gives them at least 30 days to make the payment.
I took note that our technicians are paid by commission on the full amount of the job and I added up what it cost the company per job credit card payment x jobs a day, week, month and year. After I did the math, I called our state office.

Funny thing when I contacted the State and mentioned they have the conv. surcharge fee on their invoice and asked could I do the same with my business when charging a customer. I wanted to really make sure it was allowable to add a convenience surcharge. The lady laughed so hard and said I don't know I will check for you and call you back. She called back and after finding out our state allows it, I added it to our invoices. I can not think of one person who has complained about it.
I make sure that when mentioning the cc fee, that I am confident in my voice so the customer does not have any concern about the fee. So far so good. I think times are changing and most people do not pay with checks; nor carry cash anymore. Paying with a credit card and building points. Just my thoughts. :)

Reactions: Cleanred