ETM Cords | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ETM Cords

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
What gauge and length cords for an ETM? I‘m thinking 10 gauge 75 ft?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
try invertor generator from westinghouse...quiet as a mouse.....
weighs 100 lbs....compact
can also get 3 year warranty....
3700 running watts....31 amps.....

runs my rotovac cfx.....
you will have to check on your etm?????

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I’m using the Air Hog / Water Hog combo which requires three cords. The water hog can be brought to the door so it can be plugged into the house. The Air Hog needs to auto dump into the tank so it must stay in the van. I like the Westinghouse inverter was actually thinking Honda but so expensive.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
the honda may not have enough amps for 2 cords...

recheck but I believe 30 amps would run the air hog.....

also the westinghouse is a little quieter....
uses 1/2 gallon an hour at full power.......

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
But can it be repaired? Or is it just a throw away? I was thinking the Honda EG6500. My main concern is parts

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i just bought mine a week ago.....

no problems so far....
they said i could get a 3 year warranty for about 150$.....within 30 days

so heading back to get the warranty....
if it fails ill just replace it under warranty....

either way that generator has to run 30 amps or 2 cords or its not worth the $$$

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
But can it be repaired? Or is it just a throw away? I was thinking the Honda EG6500. My main concern is parts
just a note....
those lx vac motors put out 15.5 amps......each

gotta have 3700 running watts to support that......

this should run the air hog only

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
At minimum 6500 running watts. not surge watts. Add up total watts your machine uses.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I’m using the Air Hog / Water Hog combo which requires three cords. The water hog can be brought to the door so it can be plugged into the house. The Air Hog needs to auto dump into the tank so it must stay in the van. I like the Westinghouse inverter was actually thinking Honda but so expensive.
I love that combo you got. Just doesn’t make sense to me to run it with a generator. Modular system makes it perfect to carry into job or right outside front door using CUSTOMERS power. Also does the Airhog have enough after the first 125-150ft leaving it in the van. Why not just auto dump on the ground at the job? Why deal with the waste in your van?

Reactions: Fedri

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I’m in CA the water is classified “Class 1 hazardous” or something. I know it’s a $15k fine to dump it on the street. Not sure about the bushes.

Last edited:

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I can test the pump out and see if it will go uphill to top of the van tank. It’s only about 7 ft above the ground.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Just send it into a toilet, drain, or sewer vent in yard.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Alright. I’ll give it a try. I grew up using gas truckmount my entire life so I feel embarrassed to use anything in the home. Sounds like many of you are pumping into toilet or sink without a problem.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Alright. I’ll give it a try. I grew up using gas truckmount my entire life so I feel embarrassed to use anything in the home. Sounds like many of you are pumping into toilet or sink without a problem.
I never used the sink. But toilet is fine. Laundry sink ok. kitchen no, bath sink no, tub drain no. Most will pull lid off sewer vent in yard so you're not bringing in another hose. No reason to since vent is usually in front yard near driveway.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Fyi do a courtesy flush to make sure toilet aint clogged before you use it. You'd be surprised how many shitters are clogged already. Or you could be wrongly blamed for clogging it.

• Haha

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I decided to buy a dual fuel generator beginning of march for the new season. I always park close to the garage door and in some cases my truck is not more then 25ft away from the door, I want to burn cleaner propane then stinky gasoline, I don't agree parking the truck way away from the door and then running more longer hose runs.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
just remember there are 2 different outputs of btu for propane and gas....
the generator should have the specs on the output of propane vs. gas...
usually about 5-10% less power....for propane

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
If I do get a generator, it may be the Yamaha EF7200 Industrial series for around $1500. It’s close enough to a Honda without the price

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I love that combo you got. Just doesn’t make sense to me to run it with a generator. Modular system makes it perfect to carry into job or right outside front door using CUSTOMERS power. Also does the Airhog have enough after the first 125-150ft leaving it in the van. Why not just auto dump on the ground at the job? Why deal with the waste in your van?
Ive heard this train of thought a lot. It is not a given to get 3 - 20 amp outlets or whatever (15amps) is needed to run the air / water hog combo in this region. Older homes have old electrical. Plus walking over electrical depending on how you have to plug them in can be a pain.

95% of time im under 125' and have always been under 150' and been able to get her done. Well.

Obviously running from the van appears like a truckmount. Which isn't a bad thing.

Love my air/water hog.

That said, looking forward to having a full size van with a nice truckmount for HWE including fresh and/or waste tank for efficiency and step up in professionalism.