Facebook, Facebook, Facebook... you dirty bastards prove 6figga right yet again. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Facebook, Facebook, Facebook... you dirty bastards prove 6figga right yet again.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary

Filip Struhárik

Journalist at @dennikn. Former project manager at @denniksme. Interested in digital media, future of news and innovations in journalism
Oct 21
Biggest drop in Facebook organic reach we have ever seen
Facebook is testing radically different Explore Feed in six countries than in the rest of the world.
Facebook Explore Feed is rolling out globallythis week. Most people around the world can see it in their bookmarks and they can discover new content here. But in Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Serbia, Bolivia, Guatemala and Cambodia it works differently: all posts by pages are moved from newsfeed to Explore Feed. In main newsfeed are now just friend and sponsored posts.

Yes, you log into Facebook and you can see only posts from your friends and ads. You have to click on Explore Feed to see posts from pages you follow.

If you want your Facebook page posts to be seen in old newsfeed, you have to pay.

Consequences?

Pages are seeing dramatic drops in organic reach. Reach of several asked Facebook pages fell on Thursday and Friday by two-thirdscompared to previous days.

Sixty biggest Slovak media pages have 4 times fewer interactions (likes, comments, shares) since the test. It looks like the effect in Guatemala and Cambodia is the same.

Interactions on 60 biggest Slovak media Facebook pages. Facebook is testing Explore Feed since Thursday. Source: CrowdTangle.
This is just a regional test, said Facebook spokesperson. He didn’t specify, when will the test end.

Of course, there are a lots of bugs along the way, for example most of the users probably don’t see posts from people they follow, who are not their friends. They are hidden in the old Pages Feed section, which has not been deleted.

This has been going on for a couple of days now. Some users got it few weeks ago, most users have it since the official launch of Explore Feed in the world on Thursday.

For more information, follow me on Twitter.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I don't mind pay to play.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I don't mind pay to play.
Neither do I
That's Capitalism101.

My problem with Facebook, Google, YouTube and the like is the slight of hand that leaves our less capitalized carpet cleaning comrades with their d*ck in their hands.

Especially those that are far too heavily weighted on the digital end of the marketing spectrum.

Far to often I was admonished for advocating critical thinking and pragmatism when dealing with Facebook, Google etc - only to be proven right yet again.

Again My concern is not mine. I'm good. Great actually.

My concern is for the startups, and lesser capitalized cleaners in our brotherhood.

They have families and shouldn't be victimized by such fukery

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States