Fuel line | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fuel line

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
I'm getting ready to put my Blue Line champ into my 250 Ford Econoline van. What kind of kit do I need to tap into the van fuel tank for the TM and where do I get it ?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
So for that price. What would be wrong with just drilling a hole into the fuel tank and use the existing fuel pump on my TM to pump the fuel to the TM ?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Put the pump close to the tank. Probably better to get the right fuel tap kit but it's on you.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Well if you're gonna do a quality job like that make sure you at least buy the good duct tape to stick it to your tank...

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
So for that price. What would be wrong with just drilling a hole into the fuel tank and use the existing fuel pump on my TM to pump the fuel to the TM ?
Pay now or Pay later your choice. I have made these taps with brake line and rubber hose by drilling into the metal part of the filler neck, putting the brake line through it and welding a bead around it(after removing the filler neck from the vehicle obviously) and bending it into the shape needed, it is a PITA and unless you are good at engineering you may have a hard time with doing it this way.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
The dude I bought my TM from had it in a trailer with a fuel tank on top of the hitch then hooked up a fuel line with a pump to the TM and since I haven't had any problems with that I'm wondering why it wouldn't work for the van ?

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
The dude I bought my TM from had it in a trailer with a fuel tank on top of the hitch then hooked up a fuel line with a pump to the TM and since I haven't had any problems with that I'm wondering why it wouldn't work for the van ?
if your going to run an external tank that works fine. I am running an external tank on mine because I didn't want to fiddle with a fuel tap.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
if your going to run an external tank that works fine. I am running an external tank on mine because I didn't want to fiddle with a fuel tap.
Where's your tank mounted

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Where's your tank mounted
Yes please tell.
And forgive my ignorance but I'm still not understanding why I need a fuel tap and can just drill a hole into the tank, drop a hose, connect it to the pump and put some caulk around the drilled hole

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Yes please tell.
And forgive my ignorance but I'm still not understanding why I need a fuel tap and can just drill a hole into the tank, drop a hose, connect it to the pump and put some caulk around the drilled hole
Gas will chew through caulk and silicone, I suppose you could use an epoxy but I personally wouldn't recommend it. I will go take a pic of my fuel tank. be back in a minute.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Yes please tell.
Sounds like you may be in line to win a Darwin Award

Reactions: keep it clean

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
It is bolted on, I just added the strap for extra support from bouncing on dirt roads with 7 gallons of fuel in it.