Grout lines not releasing dirt used high pH then tried Viper Renew no change whats next? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Grout lines not releasing dirt used high pH then tried Viper Renew no change whats next?

snzaz

Sep 15, 2018
Real Name
scott ziegler
Hi guys,
So i'm at a loss, I cleaned a 2 -3 year old tile floor that was supposedly just mopped no wax products used etc. Was out of groutmaster so used viper II according to instructions and had not great results. tile came clean and bright but grout didn't release everywhere not just oils in kitchen but random places. usually when I hit dirty grout with groutmaster the dirt just separates not this one. after drying and going back I decided to try some viper renew mixed 1/1 according to instructions I didn't use spinner assuming it would etch off naturally gave it 10-15 minutes dwell time then neutralized and removed again not much change in the groutline. after scratching the groutline the original color is just below the dirt so dirt isn't mixed all the way through the grout. any thoughts on fault in my process and any advice to try to get the dirt to release.
thanks
scott

snzaz

Sep 15, 2018
Real Name
scott ziegler
in Mapai chart o6 harvest or 44 pale umber so that light
1577392731119.png

snzaz

Sep 15, 2018
Real Name
scott ziegler
yes aggitated with crb blue brushes and did corners with stif bristle grout brush. agitated acid as well.

snzaz

Sep 15, 2018
Real Name
scott ziegler
I used my bonzer which has worked well on tile and grout at 800 psi not my spinner due to the tight nature of the cleaning narrow lots of corners. is it possible the dirt reabsorbed not sucked up quick enough? never had an issue and again high pH didn't release the dirt as usual.. could they have applied a wax product not knowing or not telling me?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The grout was never sealed when installed
Then you asked was it possible they applied a wax. It is possible at some point it could have been sealed. And they may have even did it half ass. i had a customer get mad at me because i removed said dirt. He intended on sealing the dull filthy gray grout. Because he didnt like the white grout he used. So lol anything is possible.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The Bonzer will not clean grout lines like a spinner. Use a spinner at 1500-3000 psi then let me know it won’t clean up.

Reactions: PistolPete

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
1,500 to 3,000 PSI? Most truck mounts won't go that high =(

Reactions: barefoot

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
The Bonzer will not clean grout lines like a spinner. Use a spinner at 1500-3000 psi then let me know it won’t clean up.
I would have to agree with you on this, simple explanation is that Bonzer, unlike spinner, has no ability of multididirectional passes.
On the other hand, it is not typical for a pump to produce " secret " power of 3000 psi. Out of 2000 psi within my TM, I'm using maximum of 60 % of its capacity and I find it satisfactory.
Just recently, there was a member who does only tile& only and claims thousands of sqf. behind his belt, but he didn't last long enough to share his wisdom. What a loss. Probobly he didn't felt recognized and left for the forum when he's gunna be cherished.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I used my bonzer which has worked well on tile and grout at 800 psi not my spinner due to the tight nature of the cleaning narrow lots of corners. is it possible the dirt reabsorbed not sucked up quick enough? never had an issue and again high pH didn't release the dirt as usual.. could they have applied a wax product not knowing or not telling me?
To summarize your experience described in posts #5&#6. For dirt or/ and grout haze to reabsorb, you would have to work large areas, where you prespray, agitate and clean and there is a huge time lapse in between these task. . What prompted you using blue bristles instead gray one while working your crb? Gray ones are design for tiles, blue ones are ideal for carpeting. I'm experiencing great improvement working dirt with 50lb crb in comparison with a lightweight Oreck orbiter for example. If your concern are tight spaces or corners, you can always use one jet tool
4" round with a brush and powerful one jet, which can withstand pressure up to 1200 psi. I have 2 of those, they're vintage Prochem wands, all they need to install soft touch valve.
I don't like Bonzer for carpet, so invest $200 for additional brushes for a tile&grout , it would be completely irresponsible on my part. I suggest ( like another member did) that you buy spinner, TH-40, Sx 15, Sx15 ( same manufacturer) and see the difference. I understand your effort to use Bonzer as a versatile tool, but sometimes you need more than one toy for a similar task.
Don't forget that certain ( especially not very maintained floors can give you a headache no matter what tools are being used. Did you used muriatic acid on tough spots in the past? Venom si a good product so is Prochem's tile&grout cleaner . Any product wit a touch of oxidizers will do, including Groutmaster.
I get by with a simple traffic prespray mixed wit Oxy and power solvent, if I have any enzyme cleaner I use it as stand alone product. Not to take your hopes from using " preferred " chemistry, but I think lot of product are interchangeable. One day, hood cleaners in one of my restaurants didn't have their degreaser, so they borrowed my " secret mix" and were suprised how great results were achieved. They didn't have to suffocate in order to make hood clean and they also liked the scent.
So revisit your steps and most likely you'll have better understanding on what happened.
Good luck and keep us posted!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Too many cleaners clean at too low of psi. Cleaning at high psi strips soil off with the spinner. Think of a driveway or beside a pool. We used 4000 psi here and it looked new.

IMG_3810.JPG

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i have a friend of mine that uses a pressure washer with his TM and has a deisel heater ...like robs.....
He cranks that up with his spinner, uses 3/8" hoses, around 4 gpm and actually claims to clean the dirtiest grout
with prespray but no scrubbing.....
basically pressure washing the tile and grout....

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Rob anything above 1200 psi on grout and you run serious risk of blasting the grout out.

Youll definitely ruin a shower real quick at 2000+ psi

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
best to scrub scrub scrub with a crb and let the brush go directly on the grout line....
takes some time but it works.......

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob anything above 1200 psi on grout and you run serious risk of blasting the grout out.

Youll definitely ruin a shower real quick at 2000+ psi
On floors, I think 2000-2500 is fine. Walls I agree on lower psi.

Reactions: PistolPete

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
glad I got the Titan 575 HP and can go 3000 psi for when I do get into tile/grout.

But for now too busy cleaning carpet and furniture....

this thread did answer one question that I had and that was

why use a spinner vs a hard floor wand when cleaning grout if one were to use a CRB and have a grout brush handy. Seems it would be easier to handle, get under counters better and take up less floor space in the van....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
glad I got the Titan 575 HP and can go 3000 psi for when I do get into tile/grout.

But for now too busy cleaning carpet and furniture....

this thread did answer one question that I had and that was

why use a spinner vs a hard floor wand when cleaning grout if one were to use a CRB and have a grout brush handy. Seems it would be easier to handle, get under counters better and take up less floor space in the van....
Actually the 575 is 1200 psi with heat unless it is purchased with the optional 2000 psi kit which is no heat. The 3000 is rpm's. Also it is only 4 gpm's. Raising psi effects gpm's.

Titan 575 specs.png