Heat exchanger ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Heat exchanger ?

Dry Ty Corporation

Feb 10, 2017
Real Name
Ty Benckendorf
Ok I'm not sure what truck mount I have I think it's the white magic 1200 but not sure but anyways the problem is I took my machine to get fixed at Jon-Don had the pressure gage and a small tube replaced for $250 and they told me I needed a new heat exchanger or have it bypassed. I was wondering where the heat exchanger is. If it would be fixeable and if I should have it bypassed?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
What's wrong with the heat exchanger? Also looks like your chemical pump is not hooked up either.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Most likely the coolant heat exchanger is ruptured from freezing. bypassing it on the unit will take away your primary heat source.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Replace or repair it at a radiator shop .
Dont run it to long with cold/ warm water to clean dirty rugs .

Dry Ty Corporation

Feb 10, 2017
Real Name
Ty Benckendorf
Yes the coolant heat exchanger is ruptured from freezing. Yes I'm not looking to bypass it bc I need heat bc I don't have the chemical pump hooked up bc I've been using Pre spray with agitation then just hot water extract. But I'm wondering where is the heat exchanger so I can take it off? Also would it be repairable or do I need to buy a new one?

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Call Siphire Scientific they bought the WM direct drive division. Thus SS 1200

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
get rid of hx run a muffler...
Buy a kero heater from northern tools 1500$ for elec....2000$ for dc....
Take it to a pressure washer place to change the fuel flow rate valve down to about 1/3 gpm fuel flow...cost 100$
Bolt it down to your van plumb in the pressure hose and you are set........
i have had 2 for 10 years never regret it....
Kero heaters will give 250-350 btu units(british thermal units)
Propane around 150 btu
HX maybe 100btu????
Kerosene heaters are made for pressure washers and have thicker longer lasting coils...rated at 4-5 gallons per minute

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Yes the coolant heat exchanger is ruptured from freezing. Yes I'm not looking to bypass it bc I need heat bc I don't have the chemical pump hooked up bc I've been using Pre spray with agitation then just hot water extract. But I'm wondering where is the heat exchanger so I can take it off? Also would it be repairable or do I need to buy a new one?

Depending on the severity and location of the breaks, sometimes you can braze the copper tubing by using a tin-based filler. Keep in mind, though, that while you may see a large break, there may also be smaller ones (or even just weak spots) that will then "pop" once the visible problem has been repaired. For these reasons, most heat exchanger ruptures are treated as total losses and are replaced.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Don't see it in the pic. Find the heater hoses coming through the engine cover, or through the floor depending on how they mounted it. There will be 2 hoses inlet and outlet. Find those and it's in the middle.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Is the silencer being supported by the blower? Is so that's not good.

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
You will be way better off just getting a new heat exchanger and whatever parts are needed

On a pto you have all the hot water you can ever use in the 180 to 190 temperature range and most will go higher temperatures

And the design is very simple and reliable

If you go kero you will have another piece of equipment another fuel tank and you will need electricity for the burner

And on pto the heat exchanger keeps the van engine cooler on hot days

You don't have to wory about the engine over heating on hot summer days

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TMF Forums mobile app