Hot water for extractor for cheap alternative let me know what you think | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hot water for extractor for cheap alternative let me know what you think

Brady66621

Jan 5, 2018
Real Name
Stephen
I was think about little giants and all this expensive ways to heat water what about this company called powerblankets check it out I think this could work

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I like the concept. Explain how it would be applicable to our industry.

Brady66621

Jan 5, 2018
Real Name
Stephen
Sure I was thinking if you have a storage tank for water in your van or truck get the 275 gallon tote size and wrap it around it or whatever you use to store water and this will keep it to 155 degrees good for portable guys and less expensive and less hassle than other options plus they are insulated so it's going to stay at the temp for a good abit idk so my idea would love to hear more thoughts on it

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sure I was thinking if you have a storage tank for water in your van or truck get the 275 gallon tote size and wrap it around it or whatever you use to store water and this will keep it to 155 degrees good for portable guys and less expensive and less hassle than other options plus they are insulated so it's going to stay at the temp for a good abit idk so my idea would love to hear more thoughts on it
Most tanks are oblong and tall. Awkward fit. So right size tank be best. And if your fresh water tank is on the truck how do you get the hot water to portable?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I looked at the website for less than a minute and it seems like it would be better suited to keep from freeze damage in our industry than heating up water to clean with. If you just want to get water up to 120-150 for a portable just get a bucket heater.

Brady66621

Jan 5, 2018
Real Name
Stephen
Most tanks are oblong and tall. Awkward fit. So right size tank be best. And if your fresh water tank is on the truck how do you get the hot water to portable?
Well I used to work for this company we had 20 five gal jugs of water as are storage so I would just lay the blanket over it

Brady66621

Jan 5, 2018
Real Name
Stephen
I looked at the website for less than a minute and it seems like it would be better suited to keep from freeze damage in our industry than heating up water to clean with. If you just want to get water up to 120-150 for a portable just get a bucket heater.
Yeah I was thinking about that as well

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I preheat the freshwater tank on my van between jobs to up to 140-150° with a 20' ½" copper coil in the freshwater tank using the coolant diverted from the heater core. One of the best hacks I've ever done. I will do the same thing with my ETM build this spring, for less than $100 it's a forever mod.

Brady66621

Jan 5, 2018
Real Name
Stephen
I preheat the freshwater tank on my van between jobs to up to 140-150° with a 20' ½" copper coil in the freshwater tank using the coolant diverted from the heater core. One of the best hacks I've ever done. I will do the same thing with my ETM build this spring, for less than $100 it's a forever mod.
Nice idea man I just trying to figure out cheap ways and easy ways to heat the water

Reactions: Jim Davisson

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Honestly in my opinion.....If you're using a portable as your source of rinsing and extracting and you are a competent operator using proper chemical action and proper mechanical action prior to R&E, then the water temp really isn't going to matter all that much. Just as long as the water isn't ice cold of course.

To be clear....In the scenario in which we are talking about I really don't believe that a 20 or even 30 degree temperature difference is going to matter all that much when all of the other pieces of the pie are done correctly.

If using ONLY HWE and no mechanical action at all, then of course my opinion would change.

Brady66621

Jan 5, 2018
Real Name
Stephen
Honestly in my opinion.....If you're using a portable as your source of rinsing and extracting and you are a competent operator using proper chemical action and proper mechanical action prior to R&E, then the water temp really isn't going to matter all that much. Just as long as the water isn't ice cold of course.

To be clear....In the scenario in which we are talking about I really don't believe that a 20 or even 30 degree temperature difference is going to matter all that much when all of the other pieces of the pie are done correctly.

If using ONLY HWE and no mechanical action at all, then of course my opinion would change.
Yea I would be using crb pretty much everything except steaming water

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Can we see pics Jim? Where did you get your coils?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sorry about the late reply, I don't get any notifications with my Droid on the new forum.

I used a standard 1/2" coil from the home center, threaded it in the tank and bent up the ends to attach the shark bite fittings then used 1/2" npt x ⅝ hose barb to attach the heater hose. All materials came from the Home Center, except the 30 foot box of heater hose from AutoZone and took one hour to completely install. Total cost $100
Cheers!
20180108_123139.jpg
20180108_123218.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Bingo ;)

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Sorry about the late reply, I don't get any notifications with my Droid on the new forum.

I used a standard 1/2" coil from the home center, threaded it in the tank and bent up the ends to attach the shark bite fittings then used 1/2" npt x ⅝ hose barb to attach the heater hose. All materials came from the Home Center, except the 30 foot box of heater hose from AutoZone and took one hour to completely install. Total cost $100
Cheers!
View attachment 74803View attachment 74804
That was something i wanted to do when i remove the rear heat and ac. But havnt done that yet lol. Too much to do too little time.