How do others perceive you since you own your own business?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
The more business owners I met and get to know the more I see how you can get burned out after years!

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Sometimes people look down on me. Others look up at me. It's all good, when I can make $100.00 an hour. Like the job I did this morning $125.00 per hour. Not bad for a kid from the streets.
I get this too, I've over heard my bestie, on the other side of a party saying stuff like "WHAT? No Jim don't work" or "he spends all day next to the pool". Our friends and family don't always see the work we do put in, or that we're at the pool all day, but sucking rug all night. I tell my younger friends that it's always better to make your own job than work for the man. It's not easy, no pay checks guaranteed, no benefits, no safety net...Scary at best for most people.

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
I was dating a girl for 4 years prior to starting my business. She and I had a perfect relationship. She was beautiful on both the outside and inside. Her mother found out I was planning on starting a CC company, and she just started verbally abused my girlfriend endless about how she should dump me and marry a doctor or a Philadelphia Flyers hockey player(she was a cheerleader for them at the time).

To her mother, I was a perfect boyfriend while I was a business student, but not when I was starting a CC company.

So right after that, she and I started having problems and we ended it. Luckily I was able to find a girl who I married whose father owned his own business so she has been perfect and I am so thankful for it.
Sounds like my life only difference,I married the witches daughter.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
San Diego is one of my favorite places in our state. Enjoy!
Wife and Son were down in San Diego last summer.
She was attending a conference and decided to take our 15 year old son.
They really enjoyed it and stayed in Coronado. They were very surprised on the amount of homeless people when they were out and about touring around.
We are small town folks and not use to seeing this .

Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Wife and Son were down in San Diego last summer.
She was attending a conference and decided to take our 15 year old son.
They really enjoyed it and stayed in Coronado. They were very surprised on the amount of homeless people when they were out and about touring around.
We are small town folks and not use to seeing this .
Small town, hell! Too fukin cold up where you live. See: homeless
That means they're outdoors. Start looking for 'bum-sickles' :D
What's next? You gonna start looking for skinny people at Applebee's ? o_O