How wealthy were your parents?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I grew up poor in the hills of West Va I had hand me down clothes or my grandparents bought them .we had powered milk my dad was a abusive alcoholic ,my mom remarried her first husband who come to Va for a better life with a head of lettuce and a bottle of dressing to live on ,he rented a one bedroom apartment then moved the rest of us here then we had a better life after he passed away my mom move back to W.Va and I stayed here for a better life .It was his sacrifices and death that led me to do something with my life so I started my business

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Parents inherited, blew it all. I see this lots. Lots. My financial adviser told me that many of us will be living into our 90's, spend nothing. My second truck/window soft washing pickup I bought is a mint 1985 d150 Dodge slant 6, $1000.00 lol. It will look great with a wrap. I looked at a 2018 v6 Chev, $27K. I went and sat in the Dodge, felt better than sitting on top of CDN $30K debt :).
I bought a2007 dodge van for a $1000 and that’s my plan is to put a rap on it after I brake my husband of blowing horn and calling people stupid assholes

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Thank the Lords,
I/we went from homeless to orphanage to very poor, to poor to middle.
Again I thank the Lord because he has always provided
Your path has been long and chosen just for you young man.
and "you " are the lucky one.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
My parents got married right after WWII. They were poor in the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. It wasn't until the 1970s when things started to improve for them and us 4 kids. Yes, we too did the plaid stamps, green stamps and of course hand me downs. In the early days I remember we had a half of a sandwich for lunch.

I too collected soda bottles, cut grass, delivered news papers and caddied. Whatever it took. And it was all wonderful. If I could go back in time, I would. I would absolutely do it all over again.

We grew up at the tail end of goodness. And I miss it.
Remember " sh*t on the shingle "..
ate a ton of stick to your ribs food.
I used to sit in front of the open door stove and have oatmeal.

Going back in time is for those quiet moments in life...I call it the rear view mirror.

You have to know where you come from, To know where you are going.
Hugs brother.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Your path has been long and chosen just for you young man.
and "you " are the lucky one.
You don’t strike me as a person who believes in destination biggie smalls.

@BigPapa

igare

Mar 3, 2015
Chicago
www.arevalobroschemdrychicago.com
Real Name
Ignacio Arevalo
Business Location
United States
Poor to middle class, my dad said to all of us, “ the only inheritance you’re going to get is education “ so go for it that I will do my best to help you.
He was an alcoholic and we didn’t have much as kids; that change for the better when he quit and started his own biz, A grocery store that he sold later to open a bakery where we was successful.

But more that institutional education he Educated us in how to live a respectable life.
Be grateful for whatever you have and when possible help those in need.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Remember " sh*t on the shingle "..
ate a ton of stick to your ribs food.
I used to sit in front of the open door stove and have oatmeal.

Going back in time is for those quiet moments in life...I call it the rear view mirror.

You have to know where you come from, To know where you are going.
Hugs brother.
Uh huh . Goulash , baked beans , onions and hamburger .
Hamburger soup , big soup bone , water . Boil it up ,take the bone out and then put potatoes and onions in . Cook the hamburger and pour it in when done . Yeah , grease and all !! Mother learned from my grandmother that raised six kids during the ‘30’s Depression.
Never forget it .
All the Best , Ed

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
who you calling smalls:p
Biggie smalls was not little. You gotta catch up with times. Now answer my question, why do you believe in destination when you don't strike me as one who does? @BigPapa

biggie smalls.jpg