hydraforce inline sprayer keeps leaking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Alright it came today! Looks pretty dam nice!! And I have a 30day no questions asked warranty through jondon. No directions at all I guess. So here's my directions

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
But it looks pretty nice! I hope it works as well as it looks! I should be able to run quite a bit of chems through this thing! If it's calibrated right, should save me alot of time!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
So, after a little research there is supposed to be a directions booklet for it! And...it tells you how to recalibrate it and or check calibration. As it can go out of calibration on the dial. Seems there's a little more to it then just filling it and going! View attachment 80981 View attachment 80982
Putnthebdirectionsnup. It's the first PDF above. Hope it's useful for anyone else.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Putnthebdirectionsnup. It's the first PDF above. Hope it's useful for anyone else.
So first off , it's set at the factory for a pressure of 400 psi. Any lower and you need to change out the knob to a low pressure knob. Possible why so many leaks????
So if your psi is set at say 400, your prespray is coming out at less then 200 psi. Which is 2x more then what's coming out of my pump sprayer.
Above 400 and I'm assuming your ratios by the knob will be off and you will need to recalculate to get your correct ratio you are needing...

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Here's a scenario:
Bonnet pro revive it rocket cleaner. Light soiling.
1. Fill 4 quart hydro-force container with water. Add 32 oz. Cleaner to container. Set dial to 8-1 setting. You are good to go!!! This will give you 11 GALLONS OF PRESPRAY!! If your filling the whole container with cleaner, man you are wasting alot of money!
With the revolution you can dial up the ratio in the fly for heavier souled areas!!!! And that is how it's done folks!!!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Here's a scenario:
Bonnet pro revive it rocket cleaner. Light soiling.
1. Fill 4 quart hydro-force container with water. Add 32 oz. Cleaner to container. Set dial to 8-1 setting. You are good to go!!! This will give you 11 GALLONS OF PRESPRAY!! If your filling the whole container with cleaner, man you are wasting alot of money!
With the revolution you can dial up the ratio in the fly for heavier souled areas!!!! And that is how it's done folks!!!
My bad. Typed that out wrong. To Increase solution strength lower dilution ratio!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
T
Ok so if my incoming is 400 psi and I mulitply x 36 percent my working pressure or spray is 144 psi coming out.
That sounds correct. The valve does lower the psi as it's going through. Btw, you do not have to operate at exactly 400 psi although that is more exact. If you go higher on the psi you will use more WATER and less from your Hydroforce container. Just the opposite if you go lower on the psi you use more chemical and less water. If I need to spray a particularly bad area with it or a very large area I often turn mine up at least 100 psi. It does change the dilution, but not enough to hurt. If I know ahead of time that I want the dilution a little stronger than normal I turn it down to 300 psi. You could stay at 400 psi all the time, but you really don't have to do that. Most of these valves are rated up to 1,000 psi, but I don't recommend going that high EVER.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
T

That sounds correct. The valve does lower the psi as it's going through. Btw, you do not have to operate at exactly 400 psi although that is more exact. If you go higher on the psi you will use more WATER and less from your Hydroforce container. Just the opposite if you go lower on the psi you use more chemical and less water. If I need to spray a particularly bad area with it or a very large area I often turn mine up at least 100 psi. It does change the dilution, but not enough to hurt. If I know ahead of time that I want the dilution a little stronger than normal I turn it down to 300 psi. You could stay at 400 psi all the time, but you really don't have to do that. Most of these valves are rated up to 1,000 psi, but I don't recommend going that high EVER.
From what I gather, I should never have to change the psi for mine. As I have the revolution. You just dial it in where you want it!! But I'm going to do some tests and we will see just how well calibrated the dial is!!
And what's this remove the orange or yellow stopper inside the unit?? I'm sure they are not putting it in there for their health. Has to be a reason why??? And I don't see it on the parts schematic??????
I guarantee you many people have been running this hydro force wrong!!!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
From what I gather, I should never have to change the psi for mine. As I have the revolution. You just dial it in where you want it!! But I'm going to do some tests and we will see just how well calibrated the dial is!!
And what's this remove the orange or yellow stopper inside the unit?? I'm sure they are not putting it in there for their health. Has to be a reason why??? And I don't see it on the parts schematic??????
I guarantee you many people have been running this hydro force wrong!!!
I haven't used a Revolution for a very long time. All the standard models have a yellow metering tip that is on the draw side of the valve. They're normally 8:1 or 9:1 depending on the model. Removing the yellow tip on a standard 8:1 allows it to draw basically twice as much so you're now at 4:1. The metering tip kits simply restrict the amount of chem it can draw out of the container. The Revolution may not even have a tip or need one. Many guys like to use their Hydroforce or inline sprayer that way. It makes knowing how to dilute any given chemical a bit easier on the fly. At 8:1 you're getting 11.25 gallons with a full container. When you remove the yellow tip you'll drop down to I think 6.5 gallons with a full container.

My suggestion since you've just got a new sprayer is to do exactly what you said above. Learn how to calibrate it and do an occasional bucket test if you think it's off. It should be calibrated correctly now if it's new. Bucket testing at 8:1 or 4:1 is simpler and most accurate if done properly. If I bought a brand new Revolution the very first thing I would do is bucket test it at both of those settings. You can do a search on here for bucket testing a Hydroforce and should give info on how to do that.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The yellow or any other color metering tips are for the regular sprayers.
There are no metering tips in the Revolution sprayer as the metering is changed through the dial.
Thanks Kevin. Did not realize it was a metering tip! As you stated , since it adjustable on the fly it should not need one.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I haven't used a Revolution for a very long time. All the standard models have a yellow metering tip that is on the draw side of the valve. They're normally 8:1 or 9:1 depending on the model. Removing the yellow tip on a standard 8:1 allows it to draw basically twice as much so you're now at 4:1. The metering tip kits simply restrict the amount of chem it can draw out of the container. The Revolution may not even have a tip or need one. Many guys like to use their Hydroforce or inline sprayer that way. It makes knowing how to dilute any given chemical a bit easier on the fly. At 8:1 you're getting 11.25 gallons with a full container. When you remove the yellow tip you'll drop down to I think 6.5 gallons with a full container.

My suggestion since you've just got a new sprayer is to do exactly what you said above. Learn how to calibrate it and do an occasional bucket test if you think it's off. It should be calibrated correctly now if it's new. Bucket testing at 8:1 or 4:1 is simpler and most accurate if done properly. If I bought a brand new Revolution the very first thing I would do is bucket test it at both of those settings. You can do a search on here for bucket testing a Hydroforce and should give info on how to do that.
Thanks wandwiz!!! I'm on it like white on rice!!!