Hydroforce pumpout 115v need feedback | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hydroforce pumpout 115v need feedback

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
Im thinking of getting one of these to replace my CDV in the spring. Has anyone used one?
I really don't want to do major modifications to my waste tank or install a "cheap" system.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AC12H

Also, I would like to be able to hook it up to 2.5" hose, single line. Any suggestions on a good way to do that that doesn't involve duct tape?

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
This thing was a pain in the ass that never worked right when I was a tech with another company. The float switch was always getting screwed up and it was just a hassle to bump into at the door and setup.

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
Honestly if your going to go with a pump out I would consider an external 115v unit that hooks directly to the waste tank and use a marine float switch. It is so much easier.

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
Something like this:

link not valid

However I have seen a local cleaner use a custom setup using a 115V 1.5HP jet pump and a 115v marine float switch in the waste tank. Worked like a charm and cost about 300$.

Jet pump:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=350672825423

Float switch:

http://waterpumpspro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=57_125_140&products_id=3089

Of course there are different float switches out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Richard Baldwin

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
Oh yeah on your outlet port on your waste tank you will need to plumb it down to the right size to the pump inlet and also you will have to install a check valve.

GRK STL

Jun 6, 2012
Real Name
Bob
Business Location
United States
I got 3 prochem units. One in each of my trucks and they do get nasty and need to be cleaned regularly. If you burn out the motor it is expensive to replace. We know when our units need cleaning when the pump out cannot keep up with the water coming in.

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
Well just be ready to play around with the float switch alot. I mean once we tweaked them out they ran good. I just thought they were a pain to setup at each job. The hoses kept coming off so I would suggest some flash/cool cuffs on the machine.

I am going to try and get some pictures of the local carpet cleaner using the setup I mentioned that ran him about 300$.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
This is definitely not a cheap unit. It works very well. Much better pump-out than those that use 12 volt battery in the vehicle.

The square shape is not easy to carry around because it does not balance right for easy carrying.

Rinse out regularly and the switch will not be a problem. Sticky switch is usually from dirt on it.

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
Thank you Scott, and I agree, was thinking about this today. Being the owner of the unit, I would clean that out every day, just like I currently clean out our CDV. The CDV is somewhat awkward as well to set up, but I got used to it and it is used on every job now.
The hydroforce would be replacing the CDV and perhaps the filter is easier to clean. The CDV screen has smaller holes and takes a lot of time with your hands and a pressure washer to clean it.

I was also thinking that you do not have to "hook up" the unit for every job. Just the jobs that you think you will want to save waste tank space, or if you have a pretty full waste tank already and want to keep going but don't have the opportunity to properly dump.

Worst case scenario, the pump fails. You can still empty the unit using the vac hose and bypass the box. You can also most likely put a new pump in it purchased at an RV store. Replacing the original pump could run too expensive.

I think as an owner, or a properly trained tech can keep the unit cleaned daily, I am also expecting a warranty of some sort in the unit as it will be around $1500 to get one of those to my door. My jobs keep getting bigger and bigger and it's difficult to keep going with a full waste tank. It's easier to find more water, but not always easy to find a nice, legal place to dump.

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
I use the SS APO, supposedly it was the PC APO, just an improved version of it.
Had a Cleanco APO and had nothing but trouble with the expensive POS.
Finally got all my money back from Cleanco after a year of busted APO and bought the
SS APO.
So far after a couple months, it runs awesome, not any problems.
I don't want to cobble together an APO, I just want one that works as it should.
The Sapphire APO seems to do just that.
It actually pumps out faster than I can put it in with the RX20 or SX12.
I'm happy with my purchase.

amagicclean

Mar 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Real Name
Navshad Dharamshi
Business Location
United States
Im thinking of getting one of these to replace my CDV in the spring. Has anyone used one?
I really don't want to do major modifications to my waste tank or install a "cheap" system.

Also, I would like to be able to hook it up to 2.5" hose, single line. Any suggestions on a good way to do that that doesn't involve duct tape?

This unit I have had for over 25 years, very similar to what your thinking of. I have a pump out in my truckmount now, so I don't use it know but occasionally I use this portable unit when needed in different situations. In all these years it gave me great performance.
Shad.

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
get a sump pump easier thing you can do

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
I have a pumpout on my savage beast and its smal gotta figure the brand name and go from. There you gotta drill threw the waste tank and do your plmbing that way of I guess you could alway get someone to do it for you there like 800.00

amagicclean

Mar 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Real Name
Navshad Dharamshi
Business Location
United States

Richard, you will have to remember, as I mentioned I use a similar unit & works great. But your waste tank will still fill up slowly, not from dirty water but from excess hot water dumping line from your water box to waste tank in your truckmount. Say if you were doing a huge job, at one point you will have to empty your waste tank as you will have no choice.
A true investment is one installed in the truckmount it self.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1359115357.350687.jpg

Shad.

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
I have the prochem pump out,12 volt. Seems to work really well IMO. I do not have a lot of hours on it yet.
The only problem I have ecountered is I have to let the waste tank get a little water in it then pull hoses of recovery tank so it can pick the prime up. Once its primed it works flawlessly.
I always clean waste tank ever night after use so the hose to the pump out loses its water. If I have it primed I can go from job to job without repriming it.

I got 3 prochem units. One in each of my trucks and they do get nasty and need to be cleaned regularly. If you burn out the motor it is expensive to replace. We know when our units need cleaning when the pump out cannot keep up with the water coming in.
What exactly do you take apart to clean?