FB - I’d like opinions please. We are taking over some commercial accounts and the current vendor is | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FB I’d like opinions please. We are taking over some commercial accounts and the current vendor is

• Thread starter Tanis Marie Carpenter
  • Start date

T

Tanis Marie Carpenter

I’d like opinions please. We are taking over some commercial accounts and the current vendor is using HWE at 1,000psi because the carpets are so bad. We currently clean carpets at 300-400psi. We want to keep the same caliber of clean so we don’t lose the accounts. So I’d like to know what psi you would suggest for filthy movie theater carpets, cleaned every 2-3 months?

J

Jason Rigdon

Nobody cleans at 1000 psi unless they have no clue of what they are doing. We all have machines capable of doing that but that is just plain dumb unless you’re talking about tile. Carpet I prefer at 400 but anywhere between 200-600 is fine.

A

Abe Sarkisyan

400 was the most I ever use and I clean some dirty carpets

D

Daran Neal

I clean a nasty theater that the previous company left in sad shape. I just use my Hoss at 300 psi with GreaseEater - turned out great. We now have a monthly gig to Whitaker them to keep it looking good.

A

Andrew Johnston

How in the world did they carpets get dry in a decent time frame after hosing them down like that LOL IF you've got a Bonzer or Zipper then maybe 800, but still

A

Andrew Johnston

I've cleaned some of the filthiest grossest greased-out restaurant carpets you can imagine and I'm certain they were dirtier than theatre carpets... and I never came close to 1000 PSI. Did the other company agitate with a CRB or a 175? Or just prespray and blast away? :eek:

B

Bobby Middleton

Does he run a zipper SS? if so its very normal. we do it everyday.

K

Kevin Noland

Don’t forget the fundamentals of carpet cleaning: -Temperature -Agitation -Chemicals -Time. It’s so easy to outthink the process, but don’t loose respect of the fundamental aspects of what it takes to get a carpet clean.. if you can find that balance at 1000 psi, so be it. I’d highly recommend against that kind of water pressure on carpet.

B

Brian Stuhlmiller

I do clean some commercial carpet at 500 psi, but I have never gone over that. Use a good pre spray and you will be fine. No need for any higher psi with a good prespray IMO.

C

Carlos C-Los Samperio

500-600psi obviously haven’t done filthy commercial carpets lol

C

Carlos C-Los Samperio

Also you’ll be doing a long run. We usually do 250-350 ft runs

E

Ethan David Ellingson

Some things to consider ask: How fast is the tool moving to get away with that high of a psi? How many solution passes are made at that pressure? one? How many (if any) follow-up vacuum passes are made? Are air movers employed? Are the carpets pre-sprayed or pre-conditioned in any way before extraction? adding even more moisture?

T

Tanis Marie Carpenter

They go slow. 1-2 wet and 1-2 dry passes. No air movers. Yes pre spray.