I got my ass handed to me yesterday!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I got my ass handed to me yesterday!!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I guess you really would have to have the "RUGBUG" to pay that kinda money!!
Its ONLY worth what you can get for it.......

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I did this silk rug also for the same lady. Coffee stains came out and it looked amazing.
She wanted it done right there under her 14' long table.
I put tarps under it just in case moisture went through the bottom.
Never did. Silk is beautiful and has a shimmer I have never seen in a wool rug.
20190708_160241.jpg

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I did this silk rug also for the same lady. Coffee stains came out and it looked amazing.
She wanted it done right there under her 14' long table.
I put tarps under it just in case moisture went through the bottom.
Never did. Silk is beautiful and has a shimmer I have never seen in a wool rug.View attachment 86129
Are you sure that was silk?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Thanks rob! I write down on a list after each job what I encounter and if I had any problems or questioned things.
Then I write down how I could have sped the process up.
I think if things are turning out nice the custy does no mind you being they a while. It makes them feel they are getting their monies worth.
Yikes..........

You are not your customer....customers dont care about the process. They have busy lives. We are just the cleaner after all.......

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Yikes..........

You are not your customer....customers dont care about the process. They have busy lives. We are just the cleaner after all.......
If they are standing there watching you, they care! If it's a rental or commercial and no ones there, then no, they probably dont care about the process. But some DO CARE.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@Clean-n-mean

Customers do not see value in you taking up a better part of their day for a simple carpet cleaning job. Nor is it going to be possible for long term success on your part if it takes you that long to complete jobs.

Look I am not trying to argue.

Just wanted to help a fellow cleaner out and pass on knowledge I have gained from my own personal mistakes.
We all learn different.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Customers do not see value in you taking up a better part of their day for a simple carpet cleaning job. Nor is it going to be possible for long term success on your part if it takes you that long to complete jobs.

Look I am not trying to argue.

Just wanted to help a fellow cleaner out and pass on knowledge I have gained from my own personal mistakes.
We all learn different.
I appreciate it and that's your opinion. But when they watch a big CRB come out that they have NEVER seen and watch the process they seem darn happy to me.
I know I need to speed it up. And I will. But first I want to get it right!
So Thank You for the input.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I appreciate it and that's your opinion. But when they watch a big CRB come out that they have NEVER seen and watch the process they seem darn happy to me.
I know I need to speed it up. And I will. But first I want to get it right!
So Thank You for the input.
No worries,

Looks like you got it all figured out.

Good luck!

Reactions: NickNZ
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
M
No worries,

Looks like you got it all figured out.

Good luck!
Matt you have been gone for awhile. We have a group of rookies that think buying equipment and turning a 2 hour job into a 6 hour job will increase profit and build a customer base. Once they got a few jobs under their belt they think the experienced vets don't know what they are talking about. I've learned to drop a post with advice and move on and let them decide what they are doing.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Depends on the customer. Typically retired older people wow at the equipment and process.

Most customers with big money are not unfriendly but they want the job done and dont want to hear u talk their ear off about the science of carpet cleaning and your 100 step process.

The fact is carpet cleaning is not as interesting to them as it is to you.

Not directing this at anyone just general input.

Find a profitable, repeatable, efficient service and do it with a smile.

Convenience is huge for customers.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
M
Matt you have been gone for awhile. We have a group of rookies that think buying equipment and turning a 2 hour job into a 6 hour job will increase profit and build a customer base. Once they got a few jobs under their belt they think the experienced vets don't know what they are talking about. I've learned to drop a post with advice and move on and let them decide what they are doing.
Did I not just listen to you and buy the ball valves from TMF?????
You need to take a more neutral stance as a moderator...just my opinion....and I guess I'm way over opinionated....

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Did I not just listen to you and buy the ball valves from TMF?????
You need to take a more neutral stance as a moderator...just my opinion....and I guess I'm way over opinionated....
I gave advice and moved on with it- it was your choice on what you purchased.

Neutral stance as a moderator? You mean I am suppose to say what everyone wants to hear and not have an opinion? Come on Man- I'm not kicking anyone in the nuts and being a dick.

I asked about the silk rug and you posted a video on silk in wool so it got you to do a little research. What more do you want?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I gave advice and moved on with it- it was your choice on what you purchased.

Neutral stance as a moderator? You mean I am suppose to say what everyone wants to hear and not have an opinion? Come on Man- I'm not kicking anyone in the nuts and being a dick.

I asked about the silk rug and you posted a video on silk in wool so it got you to do a little research. What more do you want?
You just said( in a roundabout way) that I'm a know it all and I dont listen to what the vets have to say.
Turn it around, do I have to NOT HAVE a opinion because I'm learning this trade???
You just basically said all the rookies here think they know it all AND think the jets dont know squat!
Yea, kinda a kick in the nutts to me. But yes, I can take it.......no problem...

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I will be even more careful what I post now......lay low and try not to have any fun.......lol