I got my ass handed to me yesterday!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I got my ass handed to me yesterday!!

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You just said( in a roundabout way) that I'm a know it all and I dont listen to what the vets have to say.
Turn it around, do I have to NOT HAVE a opinion because I'm learning this trade???
You just basically said all the rookies here think they know it all AND think the jets dont know squat!
Yea, kinda a kick in the nutts to me. But yes, I can take it.......no problem...
Calm down, take a breath and it will be ok. I'm not your enemy or anyone's else.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I'm thinking of moving to texas! I'm surrounded by liberals over here.
I may just be your new neighbor....

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I now just skim over the newbie know it alls and read the other posts.
The forum has changed a lot. For the most part the guys that have been around for awhile and still are active or just pop in from time to time seemed to have more respect when they first joined. I mean when I found TMF I already had my business for a few years and had several years experience but when someone was being helpful I appreciated it showed respect no matter if I agreed or not. Now it's like trying to give advice to teenagers and them not getting that we speak from experience.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The forum has changed a lot. For the most part the guys that have been around for awhile and still are active or just pop in from time to time seemed to have more respect when they first joined. I mean when I found TMF I already had my business for a few years and had several years experience but when someone was being helpful I appreciated it showed respect no matter if I agreed or not. Now it's like trying to give advice to teenagers and them not getting that we speak from experience.

Exactly. Often times I don't even give any advice anymore. It's really sad to because I pretty much cleaned everything I know about this business from the guys that are/were around here.

Reactions: LeeRoy

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
50% off! Now only 144000.00. Get it before someone snatches it up!!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I did this silk rug also for the same lady. Coffee stains came out and it looked amazing.
She wanted it done right there under her 14' long table.
I put tarps under it just in case moisture went through the bottom.
Never did. Silk is beautiful and has a shimmer I have never seen in a wool rug.View attachment 86129
be careful with silk and cotton carpets, I only use a dry cleaning method when cleaning silk, there are solvent based cleaners where I mist on the silk and just give a gentle agitation and extract with the carpet cleaning machine without water, also spend more time pre vacuuming, . Silk may get browning from water or high ph cleaners. Play safe. With cotton may get browning from high ph cleaners, use very low moisture with neutral cleaner and extract with low pressure not to saturate the cotton carpet and make sure it dries with in your eyes before you leave the house, it takes some skills.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
be careful with silk and cotton carpets, I only use a dry cleaning method when cleaning silk, there are solvent based cleaners where I mist on the silk and just give a gentle agitation and extract with the carpet cleaning machine without water, also spend more time pre vacuuming, . Silk may get browning from water or high ph cleaners. Play safe. With cotton may get browning from high ph cleaners, use very low moisture with neutral cleaner and extract with low pressure not to saturate the cotton carpet and make sure it dries with in your eyes before you leave the house, it takes some skills.
Thank you fedri. I'm learning and proceeding cautiously.
The silk rug was very different when cleaning. I used prochem rug shampoo and prochem rinse on it.
I noticed it got wet very quick and Seemed to hold on to the moisture more.
We did a test on one of the ends in a small area. It looked good and the owner told me to go for it.
The silk really has a nice shimmer to it. It had bot been cleaned in years.
The few coffee stains came out. I was happy with the results as was the owner.
I put fans on right away to start drying. It did take a few hours to dry, but water never came through the back of the rug.
Thank you fedri for the tips!!

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I cleaned this wool rug thats been outside on a porch for 13 years.
I did a test pass for the lady and she was in shock.
She had me do the whole rug for her. I broke out the CRB and you would not believe the cat hair and dirt that came out!!!
I used prochem shampoo on it then a prochem rinse. It looked very nice when done. Looked like a different rug.
And I bet theres still dirt in it....lol. that wool is a amazing fiber.
Second pic is the whole rug complete. She told me just do it right here on the pavers!!!
View attachment 86124
What did you do on your test pass?

And, what brushes did you use in your CRB??

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
First test was prochem shampoo with hand brush.
Test pass was soft white brushes on CRB.
This was a rug she kept outdoors on the porch.

EVABIZSOLUTIONS

Nov 12, 2019
Real Name
Jennifer King
I know a lot of advice is to never work for family but that normally will cause you more grief in the long run. What normally works for our clients is to offer discounted family rates for your services. That way they feel special (as they should) and you are still being paid fairly for your time, effort, materials/chemicals used, etc. And you may get even more work once word spreads throughout your family that they can get the discounted rates.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
50% off! Now only 144000.00. Get it before someone snatches it up!!

Crap, I missed it. It's back up to 20% off now. Just a low payment of 16 grand a month on your Wayfair card for 12 months. :)

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Crap, I missed it. It's back up to 20% off now. Just a low payment of 16 grand a month on your Wayfair card for 12 months. :)
Too bad it's not made of that lovely "bamboo silk" they've got nowadays. I hear it's eco friendly, renewable, super-soft, and they don't have to torment tons of little baby silkworms to get it!

(yes I'm being sarcastic - don't throw anything at me)