If you could start over... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

If you could start over...

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
My biggest struggle is contolling my hoses. I try to pull them up the stairs and the slide down. Frustrating, i too am starting with no experience.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I saw those, i plan on getting some. Is it a good idea to strap your solution hose and vac hose together at certain spots? Like every 15-20 ft or so?

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I saw those, i plan on getting some. Is it a good idea to strap your solution hose and vac hose together at certain spots? Like every 15-20 ft or so?
Lord yes. Get some ties from the extension cord section at Wal-Mart. Like $4. Reusable.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
i think i would have invested more time in ride-a-longs, classes, etc.

i pretty much knew nothing when i started. so i made all the mistakes.
twice.
I did do the iccrc for cct, that taught me alot.

bigfinn

Aug 12, 2013
Real Name
Francis Finnerty
Im just starting out. Its been a little slower than i expected, I want to do good at this, i would say that i lack a game plan, anybody have a good one for me?

Robert Ghezzi

Jul 21, 2015
Real Name
Robert Ghezzi
Haven't yet started, reading TMF continuously trying to figure out do's and don't and where to start.

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Haven't yet started, reading TMF continuously trying to figure out do's and don't and where to start.
This site will be a huge resource for you, Robert. But I will also caution you there is a syndrome called, "Paralysis by Analysis"! You've been warned!

Steve

PS Robert, you might also check out our "Just Starting Out" section HERE.

Glenn Goryl

Jun 20, 2015
Real Name
Glenn Goryl
Knowing what I know now I would still start a business. The changes would be buying a different TM, learn SEO and put more effort into marketing. I knew how to clean carpets when I started but did not know how to run a business.
Hi! You said you'd buy a different TM, learn SEO, & put more effort into marketing. May I ask which TM you'd buy? Also, do you have any advice on learning SEO? Do you have any specific ideas regarding putting