I'm raising my minimum to get rid of low end clients

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Conan the Grammarian just gave birth to a litter of kittens. Angry kittens.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Oct 5, 2008
California
Real Name
John Conard
Business Location
United States
I don't mind charging $ 90 for some elderly person to clean a room or two. Do I make a great profit on that job probably not. Did I help my customer who may not have a lot of money, yes I did. Hopefully at the end of the month the winners make up for the lower margin jobs. I have a very low overhead so my viewpoint may be different than yours.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
At the end of the day a Pro gets Paid Pro wages. But a true Pro gives back a lot too.

DRYEX

Mar 6, 2006
www.dryex.com
I currently have a minimum of $119 and am considering raising it to $149.. I have found over the past 3 years of being in business that it is just not worth my time to travel to a job, spend 20 min unloading a truck, 15 to load back up to do 3 rooms of carpet that takes a total of 2 hrs total time or more depending on travel for 119 bucks. These clients that ponder what rooms to have done just to meet the minimum usually have the dirtiest carpet requiring the most amount of time and in my opinion they deserve the hacks that will even go less than that just to get work.

There was a period in time when I was just starting out that I would let these ppl run all over me for 119 to get work but I now realize that my services far out value their dirty carpets and outragous expections. What will you guys start your trucks for and what is your minimum and why?
I have a $140 minimum. Next threshold will be $160. Start charging for on-site proposals that can be applied towards to job if hired. That will weed out, well, the weeds.