Info on vac motor

Shanew

Nov 17, 2009
seaford
Real Name
shane ward
Business Location
United States
Anyone know anything about these vac motors.
Ametex 116119-00. I think they are 7.2. Just bought
a used unit and that’s what was in it. Machine has 2
vacs in series. Any good or bad things about them?
Any idea about hose length with those vacs?
The machine is an older Electro Genie.
Thanks a lot. Shane

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Thanks a lot. Shane
Looks like 135" lift(10"hg) and 94 cfm pulling 12 amps max individually...in series the max they are pulling is 216"(16"hg)...so pretty strong lift but cfm is still only 94...you should be able to run about 50' max of 2" hose..if ur using 1 1/2 maybe a little less..should be able to recover a lot of bulk water, but dry times will prob not be great at 50' with that low cfm

Reactions: Fedri and CCWorks

Shanew

Nov 17, 2009
seaford
Real Name
shane ward
Business Location
United States
Well the guy I bought it from said he ran 150ft with no problem.
That’s why I bought it. So now I’m gonna have to change out the
vacs. Anyone have suggestions on what vacs to to get so I could
run 150ft of hose. Thanks.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Ehh well that's probably a case of technically anyone can clean at any distance..anyone can hook up 500' of hose, or 150'.. however should you, is the real question..does it actually recover well at that distance and leave good dry times..that's what matters..

I myself haven't cleaned with 16"hg of lift and that's more than most truck mounts..so maybe it's better than most, but maybe 75'..def not 150' still..

A lot of guys really like the mytee lx hybrids, in series I believe they run 13"hg and 225 cfm...at 50-100' they are supposed to have really good recovery..so they should be able to run 150' ..just slower and more dry passes should work..

Reactions: Fedri

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I'm working on building a etm with 4 vacs..18"hg, and 330 cfm...using the rotovac ZX motors

Reactions: Fedri

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Thanks a lot. Shane
Do u have a pic of ur machine?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
how are you hooking those up.....
2 zx in parallel should give around 300-330cfm....

so I am guessing you are putting the others in series???
Yes..going to start with two in parallel. Then going to add two more in series down the road..I might play around with 3 and 4 in parallel to see how extreme cfm feels..we'll see...still waiting on weld shop to finish my tank though..

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yes..going to start with two in parallel. Then going to add two more in series down the road..I might play around with 3 and 4 in parallel to see how extreme cfm feels..we'll see...still waiting on weld shop to finish my tank though..
have you measured the numbers of the cfm in parallel are you just giving an estimate??????

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
have you measured the numbers of the cfm in parallel are you just giving an estimate??????
Not measured from tank yet. Just individual cfm from the other post..so yes just an estimate..I think 300cfm with two is a safe bet

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yea
I am looking to put 2 cfx inn parallel
plumbed and boosted together from one end of the hall to the other as I have large commercial hose runs...
schools theaters and hotels.

I am estimating 500-550 cfm and 14-15" lift....????
but we will see.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I was through 2 l x motors in it and call it a day!!
All this endless debating about vacuum motors is getting tiresome.
I'm starting to do more testing on zx versus LX
Needless to say Zx ask the machine slightly higher than LX but on the one that a hundred on a wand feet LX wins
Don't worry guys I'm working on a video just got to do it in a way I don't get in trouble from the manufacturers or more than one that's got their panties all in a bunch lol but this is my viewpoint and or my opinion lol

Reactions: DakotaG

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

If you are interested in building a system, read this one page and consider what it sez. For best results at the wand, even Ametek testing shows series is best because of the improved lift over distance, restrictions, system impediments, etc... and they should know something about it. The article is just one source, just like our voices on here. Don't take anyone's word for it, verify, verify, verify. Then check the recovery tank filter, it doesn't lie.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray

If you are interested in building a system, read this one page and consider what it sez. For best results at the wand, even Ametek testing shows series is best because of the improved lift over distance, restrictions, system impediments, etc... and they should know something about it. The article is just one source, just like our voices on here. Don't take anyone's word for it, verify, verify, verify. Then check the recovery tank filter, it doesn't lie.
Jim the lx in series is pulling 13"hg right?..being how much u prefer higher lift does the thought cross ur mind to use the ZX? Since in series they pull 18"hg?....less cfm than lx but I would think at ur 50' runs it wouldn't matter

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Jim the lx in series is pulling 13"hg right?..being how much u prefer higher lift does the thought cross ur mind to use the ZX? Since in series they pull 18"hg?....less cfm than lx but I would think at ur 50' runs it wouldn't matter

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
U can hear either a vacuum leak or a vacuum relief...

Also recall my video of two ZX in series showing 18..

I know this guy says he has the ZX but I'm sure it's easy to confuse ZX and lx lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
U can hear either a vacuum leak or a vacuum relief...

Also recall my video of two ZX in series showing 18..

I know this guy says he has the ZX but I'm sure it's easy to confuse ZX and lx lol
When I do bench testing I can tell you set a vacuum gauge right on the motor itself is not exactly accurate toward working conditions
When I bench tested the ZX I didn't hit 18
And I only got like 160 CFM

just like Jim stated there's a lot more to vacuum systems than just having a lot of suck

Recently I've been testing at the end of a hundred foot run and I'm telling you the LX it is pretty darn awesome. ZX's also awesome

Shoot 2 8.4 is in series hit 16

They also don't outperform the LX when it comes to at the end of a run

I have a wand with a gauge and I'll share for all don't worry no hate