jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I'm working on building a etm with 4 vacs..18"hg, and 330 cfm...using the rotovac ZX motors
why build one? call cross American Jaquar Ed, he will build you one or even if you want a smaller machine call the mytee guy John. Interlink can sell you a Nautalus machine...

Let these guys who know what they are doing, build you a machine...

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
These are the specs on 1 single vac motor on the big 3:

1. LX - mytee - 250$
15 amp
147" lift
173 cfm

2. ZX - rotovac - 150$
14 amp
140" lift
167 cfm

3. 84 - cross america - 150-200$?????
13 amp
146" lift
140 cfm

those are the specs...
putting them in parallel or series makes a little difference
but I am not thinking too much difference?????

the lift is almost identical across the board with all 3...
cfm is the same with Zx and LX
84 has 30 less CFM.....

to me they are all pretty close????

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaG

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
These are the specs on 1 single vac motor on the big 3:

1. LX - mytee - 250$
15 amp
147" lift
173 cfm

2. ZX - rotovac - 150$
14 amp
140" lift
167 cfm

3. 84 - cross america - 150-200$?????
13 amp
146" lift
140 cfm

those are the specs...
putting them in parallel or series makes a little difference
but I am not thinking too much difference?????

to me they are all pretty close????
At the end of the day any will do..but when ur picking one of course u want "the best"

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
why build one? call cross American Jaquar Ed, he will build you one or even if you want a smaller machine call the mytee guy John. Interlink can sell you a Nautalus machine...

Let these guys who know what they are doing, build you a machine...
Never really been attracted to the jag, and after the recent posts on here about them i definitely am not..

The newer mytees have proved to be good machines(hate the look though)...and if I could go back id maybe consider one..

However none of them have some features that I specifically want, some machines are able to add some of them on for more money but not built in..and still not everything I want..

I am almost done with machine now so not going to back out and waste it now..

Also I understand and appreciate the concern with building my own machine, I've seen some of the other guys "homemade" etms and frankly they're horrible lol.. I know everyone thinks their builds are great but I really think u all will like my etm when it's all done.

Also I've been able to make it all, extra features.. paid a welder for the tank.. buy a vacuum and solution hose reel, new vac hose and solution hose .. all for the cost pretty much of a bare machine itself from one of those companies. Not knocking them, but for me building mine for a side job was more budget friendly...

Also I'll know everything about my machine and I like that simplicity.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Jim the lx in series is pulling 13"hg right?..being how much u prefer higher lift does the thought cross ur mind to use the ZX? Since in series they pull 18"hg?....less cfm than lx but I would think at ur 50' runs it wouldn't matter
You’re measuring at the machine and that is misleading information. Get a carpet wand and install a vacuum gauge on the head. Be sure to use ventilated glides that allow the glide to leak air at the carpet surface. The LX motors win. This is the best test for a vacuum set up as it test the motors in working operation.

Reactions: Fedri and J20770

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
84s are bigger
LX cost 100$ more and some reports of 15.5 amp
ZX should compete with the LX but is unproven....
The LX motors are best. They cost a little more as they are only made for Mytee Products. Those motors are the best innovation in vacs presently. They are not your standard off the shelf vacs like the zx hype.